Search results

1. JDouglee

Robin Trower/Maxi Priest New R&B Album

It's closer to the Isley Bros than reggae or classic rock, I kind of like it. Robin's playing just fits. I've heard the whole thing, it's definitely chill & groove music. After this 2020 whack I think we need this.
  2. JDouglee

How to brighten EMGs?

I used to have some Luke IIs, I found them warm/dark with alot of midrange. I tried the same EMG set in a GMW strat, night and day. Sparkle and less compressed sounding. I sold the Lukes and kept the strat. (shrugs)
  3. JDouglee

Michael Landau Liquid Quartet Live 2020

My bad, so many Landau interviews with this record lately and I mixed up all the info in my head. ;) He mentions the Bella alot. Thanks John for the info!
  4. JDouglee

IIRC alot of this one is Suhr Bella
  5. JDouglee

Outstanding record.
  6. JDouglee

Robin Trower before he was Robin Trower. Procol Harum

I'd never heard Simple Sister before. That was interesting, I'll have to check out more, thanks!
  7. JDouglee

Bands you wish you could remix or re-record?

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak Led Zeppelin - Physical Grafitti Just a little more low end punch and they'd be perfect
  8. JDouglee

John Suhr Sig guitar

Nice specs, I'm a big fan of the 2HB middle position as well. Beautiful finish over that wood. :)
  9. JDouglee

2018 Gibson ES-330 Limited Release VOS Dark Cherry

Man that is soooo nice! Have fun!
  10. JDouglee

Guitars similar to Suhr Modern

In my experience the Suhr Modern has it's own sound. These others look a bit similar but are a different thing entirely.
  11. JDouglee

Music Man Luke owners: Anybody care to check their neck?

I've had Luke IIs and checked out the Luke III models at NAMM, no diss to the company but every neck is different. Some are small/medium others are super small. Some have a V, some actually don't hardly. Make sure you play it first or at least find out about return policy if you're ordering...
  12. JDouglee

NGD: Mid 80's Kramer Focus 1000

I gigged a Focus 3000 for a couple of years, they're fine guitars rumored to be made by ESP in the 80's
  13. JDouglee

New Pat Metheny

I wonder what happened with this "project", 3 weeks and then poof it was gone! o_O
  14. JDouglee

NGD: Suhr Aura (It's here and it's glorious)

Wow that's fantastic! Maybe it's the light but the color of those knobs look nice with that finish
  15. JDouglee

New Suhr PT50?

I haven't visited here in awhile, I had no idea this was coming! Nice :cool:
  16. JDouglee

Dann Huff Session Gear

He indeed used the Kasha as was mentioned here, but a big piece of the puzzle was the Soldano modded Marshall head. I heard it at Brauer's who did his cartage at the time. Such a great sounding amp. Dunno where it ended up
  17. JDouglee

CAA OD100 Speaker recommendations

My OD 100 Std+ seems to love V30s as well.
  18. JDouglee

The dolls on Alex Lifeson's pedalboard

The post it note signs! "I like the drummer"
  19. JDouglee

Suhr singlecut launched at NAMM?

Looks fantastic :munch
  20. JDouglee

John Suhr and Pete Thorn on YT.

Great job Tone Talk guys! That was excellent
  21. JDouglee

What's the lowdown on the Nashville bridge?

I associate the Nashville with some lackluster USA Gibsons I've owned, really loose bass response and rattling. All that went away when I got a 68RI. I can't say if it's the fault of the bridge itself but I tend to wince when I see a Nashville now.
  22. JDouglee

Baja Tele finish issue (coming away!)

This happened to me with a EBMM JP7. Customer service said it was caused by moisture, and then recommended a guitar refinisher that would do it for $350. ;)
  23. JDouglee

335 with a maple neck?

Alot of those Lucilles had 100K pots just FYI.
  24. JDouglee

New Suhr Products for 2017

Here's from Matt's Music Pete Thorn Standard April Production - ETA: June Mahogany Body, Plain Maple top, scraped binding, gotoh 510 bridge Mahogany Neck with Indian Rosewood fingerboard, Even C slim .800-.880 back shape, 10-14" radius Raw nickle covered thornbucker in neck and Thornbucker+ in...
  25. JDouglee

New Suhr Products for 2017

"Scraped binding" :)