Search results

1. scottl

Rick Beato's recent video on string gauge

What a pointless dumb video! Play what feels best and works best with your technique. They played a beginner riff over and over. String gauge has no bearing on this. What about playing some serious lines or bending strings? THen the gauge really matters. I always used the gauge that...
  2. scottl

Specular Tempus vs Collider - anyone tried both?

I have both. Also have a Ventris, Big Sky, and Time Line. I have a Specular Tempus feeding a Ventris currently on my board. I do love the GFI reverbs. I also love the Ventris. Both great and different. The delays are fine in the Tempus. It has ducking which the Collider does not have...
  3. scottl

Modulation Multi-FX Pedals

Just got the GFI Synethesia. Pretty sure it blows away all others. Really great pedal.
  4. scottl

80s Studio Chorus

This... Free the Tone Tri Avatar I have one and it is awesome.
  5. scottl

Sonic Research Turbo Tuner ST-300 Mini or Peterson StromboStomp HD

Never noticed. I do prefer the size and easy to see readout of the Turbo Tuner. That is why I replaced the Peterson. Of course, the more accurate specs (on paper) was a bonus in my mind, but not why I got the ST-300.
  6. scottl

Hey, I own both brands (I have two older Peterson models). I prefer the visibility of the ST300. Both the Peterson and Sonic Research tuners are much more accurate than the other brands. I love the size and visibility of the TT. Plus I am a sucker for the “specs”. Good to know about the...
  7. scottl

Not true at all. The Peterson is accurate to .1 cent. The Turbo Tuner is .02 cents. Much more accurate. Real world, they both work well, but the Peterson is not even close to as accurate. Technically speaking.... I replaced my Peterson with an ST200 years ago. Recently replaced that...
  8. scottl

Larry Carlton inspired slide guitar version of "We Built This City"

Really interesting version! Great job!
  9. scottl

Source Audio Collider (Delay+Reverb)

You could have the other patch use reverb or delay set to 0% mix. This would likely eliminate the dropout. No?
  10. scottl

I just tried making a new patch in an empty slot and the output control is active. It also controls wet mix. Should it?
  11. scottl

The swell issue was happening on the last firmware as well...
  12. scottl

Poly Digit: Quad Delay, Reverb, Mixer, Cab Sim. What features do you want?

Exactly. I am gigging musician and I need to have the option of a simpler interface. I won’t be putting the Poly on my board unless I can intuitively and easily make basic sounds. I really only want one verb and one or two delays, parallel or series. No cab sim. Just HQ verb and delay.
  13. scottl

Thanks! As I mentioned, it works fine after going to series and back to parallel. Two more bugs (observations): 1) Parallel mode with Swell does not work. I use Swell with Shimmer on my Ventris in parallel. Sounds great. With the Collider, the Swell is always first and there is no way to...
  14. scottl

Here is a possible bug. When calling up parallel patches made on the prior firmware, the analog dry mix is greyed out. You have to use the editor and briefly switch to series and then back to parallel. This unlocks the knob. I believe just this one time to mod the patch to work correctly...
  15. scottl

I only use the editor. What does the output level control exactly do? I have the analog dry control cranked. The mix is the wet mix of each engine. Is noon unity on the output levels for each engine output? What is the purpose of the third control if you run in mono? Thanks!!
  16. scottl

So Mix is the engine mix, the new parallel analog dry knob is the dry level with cranked being unity. What is output level control now?
  17. scottl

Hi Roger, I can’t send PMs here, but my email is jazbrokr@gmail.com if your offer stands! Thanks!
  18. scottl

Hi Terry, I don't have a Nemesis, but I have A/Bed many many other all digital path delays versus analog dry path and the ADT always wins on feel and tone. The caveat is that I run my delays in the "Dumbleator" loop and not into the amp in front. I suspect that there is less advantage if...
  19. scottl

Poly Digit: Quad Delay, Reverb, Mixer, Cab Sim. What features do you want?

Loki, still waiting on the firmware to fix the output volume control when bypassing the cab sim. Kind of need it to normalize the Digit’s volume engaged versus bypassed. Also, the ability globally shut off the cab sim. Lastly, the ability to edit the IRs, or remove them. Grouping them...
  20. scottl

Morningstar MC6 MIDI controller or...?

I use it. It is awesome! No competition at all in the market.
  21. scottl

New Carruthers CSA in the house!

Yep!! Usually rotate the Spruce CSA, the PRS DGT, and Collings i35. Two of three on gigs....
  22. scottl

See above. Agree!! Happy accident here on that one.
  23. scottl

Exactly! Never thought of it and discovered it by accident when setting up unit.