Search results

1. peter_heijnen

Show us your Big Amps!

For some reason i still can't post my own, so pics are from the web. Biggest power: Ugly Amps Big Ugly 100. Biggest box and weight: 50 watt Kool & Elfring Black Rose.
  2. peter_heijnen

Paul Reed Smith ....give me a break

It's actually two: 'ultra limited - private stock'. Don't like? Don't buy.
  3. peter_heijnen

What are you listening to right now?

Sorry, i lied. I've been quite obsessed by Rush, especially Hemispheres, since 1980, over 2000 weeks ago. I have listened or played along to Hemispheres at least 2 times a week, very conservative estimated, so the counter is way over 4000 times. Crazy... :oops:
  4. peter_heijnen

What are you listening to right now?

Rush Hemispheres for the 1000'th time and lovin it. :phones
  5. peter_heijnen

Anyone know how to play Eugene's Trick Bag?

The intro is combined hammer-ons and right indexfinger tapping on the 3nd string.
  6. peter_heijnen

Eruption cover like no other

Awesome! After reading the topic title i thought it was going to be the version on church organ, but i was wrong. This is the one!
  7. peter_heijnen

CABINET SIZE

Not anymore. Just yesterday i got my Barefaced Reformer 112, but today i'm selling all my other 112's because i won't use them anymore. Maybe even the 212. ;) Barefaced Audio.
  8. peter_heijnen

Geddy’s Voice on Caress of Steel

I'm 57! :p Due to tinnitus i can't but listen at very low volume, it seems to me that listening that way softens the crushing. Can't compare between loud and soft so you have to try for yourself. I just read a review of the remix, according to the reviewer it's a different world. I will...
  9. peter_heijnen

NCD! Barefaced Audio Reformer 112- AMAZING CAB!

WOW, the Reformer 112 is just awesome! It sounds wide, open, fat, loud, 3D, with great definition. The Reformer is a very precise tool that both tone and dynamics wise monitors what's put in. It offers massive control in comparison with traditional cabs. Dialing in the amp gets so much easier...
  10. peter_heijnen

Separate preamp and power amp... Why?

I gigged, toured, and recorded about 20 years with a small rack setup and a single 412, it was just great. But in the end i didn't want to haul all that stuff anymore, to me that was the big con.
  11. peter_heijnen

WTB Barefaced Reformer 1x12 cab

I got mine yesterday, regular V30, it is totally awesome! Gonna sell all my other 112's, both cabs and combo's.
  12. peter_heijnen

I totaly agree about the brick wall. I guess they will have had their reasons, but it makes it hard to keep focussed. I agree on S&A too, especially if you listen to it right after VT, S&A sometimes kind of sounds artificial to me.
  13. peter_heijnen

Well it's still Rush, so we can't expect bread and butter grooves. ;)
  14. peter_heijnen

Of course Archives, i'm getting real old. :facepalm However in my defence, i haven't played a record in probably 35 years. :rimshot
  15. peter_heijnen

Ok, now i'm not even sure if i ever played the records of my Rush Trough Time. So you're saying RTT isn't the three first albums in one box? In the old days i would only play my c90 casettes that friends would tape for me, until i got it all on CD. So anyhow no worries, i have all the goodies...
  16. peter_heijnen

The big difference with VT is that they pretty much stepped away from the way they always arranged. Instead of mainly riff/arrangement driven, VT is mainly groove driven. That's why i call it their RHCP channeling. Imagine, Geddy playong both the Flea and Kiedis parts. But hey, we all know that...
  17. peter_heijnen

I studied jazz guitar at the conservatory so i extensively studied the craft and i'm unfortunately not baffled a lot anymore, but these guys still manage to do so. Even last night listening to Vapor Trails and Snakes & Arrows. Vapor Trails is probably another Rush album that wasn't as widely...
  18. peter_heijnen

Silent practice - my amp w/ IR Load box or use a modeler

Considering ease of use the RLIR is the no brainer.
  19. peter_heijnen

Super reverb impedance question

LOL, of course, what was i thinking?? :facepalm
  20. peter_heijnen

Super reverb impedance question

[Electronics dummy question alert!] What happens if you stick a suitable 6 ohms resistor in series between the 2 ohms output and the 8 ohms input on the Rivera? [/alert!]
  21. peter_heijnen

It won't sound like your cab while you're standing next to it. An IR is the sum of cab+room ambiance+mic+micpreamp. What that will get you at most is the sound of your Friedman 212 miced up in a specific recording room with a specific mic preamp.
  22. peter_heijnen

I have the regular Suhr RL without IR's, IR's are added in the software studio environment. It works great because i use my amps and everything sounds and feels great. Modelers and software amps however offer lots of practical benefits, but soundwise those just can't deliver what a real amp can...
  23. peter_heijnen

Cab question - what does more $$ buy you?

Since i decided, 20y ago, not to haul 412s anymore i played 112s and 212s. My current favorites are the Bluguitar Fatcab thiele/ported closed back 112 and an open back 212 Dumble clone. This monday however i'm expecting to receive a Barefaced Audio Reformer 112. If it's as good as i expect it...
  24. peter_heijnen

NCD! Barefaced Audio Reformer 112- AMAZING CAB!

Got mail today, my Reformer 112 is estimated to arrive this monday before 18u00, can't wait! :drool Alex, thx for the fast service!