• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. M

P90s and Noise Suppresors

If you have multiple P90's you can put them in phase to eliminate the hum as well. Similar to the 2 or 4 position on a Strat. I do this in between songs or for quiet passages on my 3 P90 Reverend.
  2. M

Amazing Bob Dylan Video

I keep getting stuck on "The Price is Right" channel. So so so good.
  3. M

Who's more in demand..

I'm having the hardest time finding a keyboardist. Didn't think that it would be so difficult.
  4. M

Amazing Bob Dylan Video

I have no idea how much this must have cost or how long it took to make but it's really freaking cool! http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html
  5. M

What's your main Overdrive pedal?

Currently and for the last year or so the JHS Double Barrel. And I still love it.
  6. M

Pedalholics Anonymous: How Long Has It Been Since You Bought Your Last Pedal?

Over half a year. Starting to think something is wrong with me...
  7. M

How to get this fuzz sound?

A Fix'd fuzz will get you close.
  8. M

Logic Pro X

This is my fear too. I'm hoping someone here assuages it. Then again I was bitten by the FCPX debacle so I might be jaded.
  9. M

Logic Pro X

Very cool! Let us know if you run into any bugs or issues. I don't love buying .0 releases.
  10. M

Logic Pro X

New version of Logic was just released. I'm hoping someone else here takes the plunge and lets me know how it is :)
  11. M

NGD!!! G&L Comanche

Sounds like you're unsure of it so far? Different good?
  12. M

So, do kids still learn to play guitar? Is that even still a thing?

I DO think guitar will always be around but it has taken a back seat in the musical arena as of late. I think it is due to the fact that kids aren't growing up with guitar heroes anymore. When I was a kid it was all about Page, Gilmour, The Edge, Townsend. Now who do they have to look up to...
  13. M

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

All I have been listening to for a week. Amazing. It's an ALBUM, not a collection of singles. Amazing production, musicianship and concept. So refreshing.
  14. M

Blackface/Silverface Fender Bandmaster heads

I have a 65 Bandmaster that just got a complete overhaul by Blackie (NYC guys know who I'm talking about) and the thing SCREAMS. Bought it for $650 a few years ago and still may favorite amp.
  15. M

That Darn Heritage Headstock

I got mine when I was way too young to care about such things and it has never bothered me once. Nor has it ever bothered anyone in a recording studio or in an audience.
  16. M

PSA: The New Daft Punk is Worth a Listen

Yes, it's over-hyped but its pretty freaking good. It's essentially an old-school funk album in many ways. Some really tasteful guitar sounds and playing. It's streaming on iTunes for free right now.
  17. M

NGD: Johnny Marr Jaguar

I got one too not too long ago. Really fun guitar to play. Mine is a bit on the heavy side which I don't mind. I'd say 8.5 lbs or so. I wish all guitars had this much thought put into them!
  18. M

Johnny Marr & Andy Rourke "How Soon is Now?" BKLYN, last night...

Crap! I saw him the night before at Irving Plaza and this did not happen. Shoulda went to BK...
  19. M

JHS 808 vs. other 808 pedals?

I have the DB and I think the 808 side is a different beast from most other 808 clones. It doesn't have as much of a mid hump and it also doesn't roll off the highs as much as other's I've used. The clipping switch is also unique and very handy when recording. I like it a ton but don't expect...
  20. M

Johnny Marr "How Soon Is Now" on Fallon last night...

I saw him at Irving Plaza last night in NYC. Great show. Nice blend of Smiths tunes and new ones. Good band. Not the greatest show I've ever seen but I had fun. He played the White Jag for all but one tune in which he played the orangish one. Definitely the signature model.
  21. M

Gigging with two amps

I run stereo live with two different sounding amps (Fender Bandmaster and Hayseed 30) where the signal is being split by a stereo pedal (Mobius-Timeline-M5-Boss Stereo Looper) and I have never had any phase issues. Ground is easy to fix as the Bandmaster has a lift switch on it if I hear any...
  22. M

What's your favorite all-purpose delay pedal?

It was the DL4, it is now the Timeline.
  23. M

Heritage Guitars, wake up!!!

I love my early 90's Heritage (I have no idea what the model is, I got it when I was 13) I recently took the stock pickups out and replaced them with some Seth Lover SD's and it sounds AMAZING. I don't mind the headstock. I'd go so far as to say I prefer it to a Gibby. Less ornate and a little...
  24. M

Pedal boards with pedal switchers.

MusicomLab EFX III+ I ended up using 3 packs of Lava solderless cable. If I could do it again I'd go with soldered and buy in bulk. It was a learning process for me and I didn't really know what I was getting into which is why I bought the packs separately. Another thing I did was keep the...
  25. M

JHS "Transatlantic" New Pedal. What is it?

I guess my main reason is they sound great.
Top Bottom