• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. E

New Mesa Boogie Mark V Twenty Five announced!

Yeah, it's kind of got a different sag to the dynamics of it, different feel. Not as immediate, which is okay, just different.
  2. E

Great comparison, you said it better than I did. They're certainly different enough that owning both is dare I say a necessity. :D
  3. E

Yeah, the post above you does a good job of describing the difference, but I've also compared them (and own a ROV25 myself). They're indeed pretty different, the Modern on the ROV is more aggressive for rhythm, but the Mark is more "singing" for leads and single note stuff. It's also tighter...
  4. E

Wizard Modern Classic 25 watter...

Last I looked, a Suhr Badger 30 with EL34's was $2000, and a Hot Rod 25 was $2300ish. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. E

Mesa TA-30 alternative?

I'd wait a bit. There are rumors of a TA-15 replacement with a loop. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. E

Do You Prefer The Mesa Mini Rectifier/Rectoverb 25 Over The Dual & Triple Rectifiers

I do. It's just a different sounding amp. I use Vintage for gain the most, and it just gels really well with the EL84's, as does the Pushed clean setting. I like the big ones, but I LOVE my Rectoverb 25. The smaller size and weight is just a big added bonus. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. E

Cab makers: what am I paying for?

FWIW, Dave at Avatar is awesome. Very good customer service, and would (and will) buy from him again. Cabinets are very solid too, and sound great.
  8. E

Why do people that want Marshall tones..

In some cases, Marshall doesn't make the amp people want. For example, I'd like a Marshall sounding lunchbox head with a loop around 15-20 watts, that doesn't suck. That leaves out anything actually made by Marshall.
  9. E

New Mesa Mark V 25, feeling underwhelmed

Too much gain, not really my style.
  10. E

New Mesa Mark V 25, feeling underwhelmed

I agree with that, and it goes both ways, negative and positive posts. Sometimes negative posts have me writing stuff off quickly in my head. Sometimes I'm left scratching my head as to why I don't love a particular "universally loved" piece of gear. In the end, like you say it's a good...
  11. E

Anyone know what amp Ty Tabor used on XV?

I highly doubt it, though it is a good amp. He's gone through so much gear it's hard to tell. Randall RM stuff, Yamaha, Line 6, Fractal. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. E

Rectoverb 25 or SD 18 or Custom 18

They're pretty different amps, at least the SD18 and ROV. You should try both.
  13. E

I don't have the V:25 yet, but speaking from experience with the DC-5, the answer is yes. You can get a boost out of the GEQ, and when I played the V:25 for a couple hours, I noticed the same thing was achievable. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. E

Mesa Mark V:25 vs Mimimi Rectifier

I have the ROV25, and I'm quite happy with it. I've found the V:25 to be similar in some ways, but also different in others. The TA seems to be more British-ey, which is what I want to go for after I get my V:25. I'm also wanting to check out the Budda SD18, which is appealing because it'd give...
  15. E

Mesa Mark V:25 vs Mimimi Rectifier

Would you say the TA, Mark, and Mini Recto are all sufficiently different enough in order to justify owning all three? Please use clean language, I'll be printing this out to hand to my wife. :D
  16. E

New Bogner Atma Day !

Has anyone had any issues with the lack of Standby switch?
  17. E

Something new from Fryette .....

Why would it? Different design, different tones. The V:25 sounds very good, IMO, as well as hundreds of other people. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. E

Portable High Gain Amp?

I don't see why you'd need a 100 watt tube amp and a 4x12 unless the drummer is a orangutan. I used to do the whole 120w/4x12 thing, then 50w/2x12. Now I'm down to a 25w Mini Rec and a ported 1x12. We're mic'd, but it's been that way for 20 years anyway. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. E

Post your Dr. Z AMPS (PICS)

Holy crap, a bit of a Dr Z fan? ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. E

Something new from Fryette .....

So glad I didn't do the kickstarter. I already did another one for a MIDI controller, and thankfully I only kicked in a minor amount, because that's well over a year too (also an established company). Kickstarter is cool for band projects and films and stuff, but for products requiring...
  21. E

Load Box Speaker Simultar or Isolation Cabinet?

If you just need to knock the volume down, get a Rivera Rock Crusher. If you want a DI/Load device like the Torpedo Live or Palmer, but don't want to spend a lot, get a Mesa CabClone.
  22. E

NAD - Splawn Super Sport Combo

It's funny, because following the V:25 I'm getting shortly, the next amp I get this year is a little Marshall-ey amp, and the two I'm most interested in are the SD18 and the SS. And you have both! Lucky man.
  23. E

NAD - Splawn Super Sport Combo

How's the SS take pedals in the loop? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. E

Tell me about the Marshall JVM 205

It's a great sounding head, with a headshell that's way too big, and the higher gain tones are noisy as hell.
  25. E

Orange mini heads

Are you mic'd in these videos? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Top Bottom