• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. Gas Hed

Amps w/Line Outs

Yes - this is what I'm after. I have a PT15 IR and use the line out with IEMs during practice to save my hearing. Thinking the same thing as you...modeling may be the way to go for a backup.
  2. Gas Hed

Amps w/Line Outs

Hey TGP…can you name me some amps that have line outs? I am flirting with getting a backup amp after a panic set in earlier when my amp wouldn’t turn on…resetting my Eventide H9 did the trick. But I should probably have a backup and it has to have a line out on account of I use that to feed my...
  3. Gas Hed

The Bogner Shiva

Tell me what you know about it TGP. Timeless or past it’s time? I had the head for a very brief period but matched it with Creambacks, not sure that was the best pairing for this amp. At any rate I’m suddenly drawn to its simplicity and higher gain compressed capability. Thinking the 1x12 combo.
  4. Gas Hed

In Ear Monitors Lessons Learned

So I'm in a 5 piece band with acoustic drums. Thus far we've only been practicing to get a few set lists ready, so no performances outside of practice. The drummer and I share a line out from the PA and I run that into my Behrenger Powerplay P1. I run a cable from my amp's line out into the...
  5. Gas Hed

In Ear Monitors Lessons Learned

Hey TGP - I recently added In Ear Monitors to my gear...primarily because I developed tinnitus from one ear...but I now understand the value of not only having hearing protection from IEMs but also being able to hear myself play with detail. I've used them in 3 practices so far and inevitably...
  6. Gas Hed

Noise Gate anyone?...

I think this helps explain:
  7. Gas Hed

Noise Gate anyone?...

So turn the threshold way up. I’m playing around with the built in gate on my Amplifire 3 Button and getting the desired effect. What are the pros using in studio/stage?
  8. Gas Hed

Noise Gate anyone?...

But not for noise, well, not the hum or static kind. Is anybody using a Noise Gate to clean up their playing? Meaning, little things like unwanted string slides, touching other strings during solos and such. I'm having a hard time believing that recording artists are as clean as they are in...
  9. Gas Hed

For Hearing Protection - Molded or Foam IEMs?

I'm exploring IEMs primarily for hearing protection during practice and ultimately on stage. Wondering, do molded IEMs provide better hearing protection than foam tips?
  10. Gas Hed

New Suhr PT-15 IR Amp

Thats just it…red output indicates when used that the Reactive Load is disabled. True or false? If true, then what feeds the line out when using red output?
  11. Gas Hed

New Suhr PT-15 IR Amp

So the Line Out and Reactive Load are completely independent of one another? I had thought you needed the Reactive Load to convert the analog signal to line level?
  12. Gas Hed

New Suhr PT-15 IR Amp

Not sure if this answer is buried in the thread somewhere, but I'm not clear on how the reactive load and the line out work with one another (or if they do at all). Does the line out signal come from the reactive load? If you want to "monitor" your sound when using the line out, does it really...
  13. Gas Hed

Suhr PT15-IR - maximize stage volume?

Love this thread…cheers to rh and Gasp100 for sharing tips and advice. I’ve added to my rig…Westone X30 IEMs, Behringer Powerplay P1, and Freyette Power Station PS-2A on top. I’ve really been struggling with practice volume and hearing my playing. I want to give these IEMs a run and have the...
  14. Gas Hed

Suhr PT15-IR - maximize stage volume?

This thread is so timely as I'm in the same situation. Our band has a new drummer that hits hard and everybody is turning up to compensate. I'm in that dreadful place where I can't hear myself very well and have started hacking away to compensate. Incredibly frustrating, making mistakes, and...
  15. Gas Hed

Smallest 6L6 head?

65 Amps Whiskey
  16. Gas Hed

They all sound the same...recommend something new!

My amp journey has been fun, no regrets, what is interesting is for the most part they have all sounded the same and I've finally found the best of the bunch. Here's how it went: In the before time a Roland solid state something or other, then used student loan money to start the snowballing...
  17. Gas Hed

Bang for Buck - Amps or Speakers

I’ve done my amp exploration over the years but have never dabbled with speakers or cabinets. Am I missing anything? I am learning that the answer is likely yes. But wondering which path has best bang for buck…experimenting with one amp and various speaker/cab combinations or one cab with...
  18. Gas Hed

A lightsaber amp?

When I was a kid I got my first cheapo electric but didn’t have money to get an amp. When my dad wasn’t home I’d plug it into the microphone jack of his ‘70s Pioneer receiver and away I went. It had the sweetest break up that to this day I can’t find. Best way to describe it is that it...
  19. Gas Hed

Help with practice sound

Hey folks - I'd appreciate any tips on my practice sound which is generating a LOT of frustration for me. I play guitar for a '90s rock cover band, pulling acoustic and electric out depending on the song. Problem is I can't hear the details of my playing and I end up hacking away to...
  20. Gas Hed

My Suhr Bella needs a girlfriend

Maybe a Mesa Lonestar would do the trick.
  21. Gas Hed

The Blues and Jimi Hendrix

Someone once told me that you can't find the Blues, it finds you. I totally agree with that because when I play Bluesville on Sirius XM the songs they play don't really speak to me at all. Now enter me shuffling some Hendrix and I come across two tunes that totally speak to me and found me...
  22. Gas Hed

IF there is an EVH Tribute Concert...

Dude, you are living in the ‘80s. In 2021 one of the primary modes of delivering work from musicians is the Internet. And if you check, EVH himself used YouTube to demo his signature gear. I recommend you stop hanging out at Giants Stadium reliving the past. I don’t know if you are aware...
  23. Gas Hed

If you paid attention you would have noticed that my list was in order of appearance. Thorn would be an outstanding opener…and he is relevant right now. Pick an opener that is not on that list who is relevant today. Good luck with that.
  24. Gas Hed

It’s a tribute show…and Dave isn’t on the list.
  25. Gas Hed

Who would you want to see perform in his tribute? Would be intriguing to see who would make the cut. My votes would go to (and in this order): Pete Thorn Phil X Joe Satriani Slash Sammy Hagar and The Circle Wolfgang Van Halen and Mammoth ...and close it out with a drum solo by Alex in his...
Top Bottom