• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. exodus

Favorite True Stereo Effects

Supa Trem 2 and Foxrox ZTF
  2. exodus

korg Nuvibe. the most unrated vibe

I didn't really care for it. But if you want something highly adjustable, it can certainly do it.
  3. exodus

Any difference between a 1x12 and 2x12 combo amp?

Besides the weight. Given the same amp guts, wondering if there is a volume level difference, sound difference or something else that would make someone prefer a 1x12 or 2x12 combo.
  4. exodus

Running Fuzz into drive

crosstown fuzz into a marvel drive (set at 18v, low gain).
  5. exodus

NPD: Ramble FX Marvel Drive v3 (...another MIAB... I can't stop!)

I do. I have a Marshall Class 5 at home that I line into a large 2x12 Germino cab. Since that little amp is deceiving loud (and master volume) I set it clean and use the marvel drive for the dirt. Sounds like a cranked marshall.
  6. exodus

NPD: Ramble FX Marvel Drive v3 (...another MIAB... I can't stop!)

Make sure you spend some time with it on the 18v setting. I think it makes it a bit more versatile.
  7. exodus

Shin-ei Vibe-Bro

Jeez, and here I thought I was going to have a peaceful weekend.
  8. exodus

Shin-ei Vibe-Bro

I have the Unique Vibe...but don't have the Vibe-Bro, so I can't directly answer your question. I've also never played a vintage unit, so I lack that area of experience as well. However, when I listen to live performances with vintage units (mainly Hendrix recordings) and then go play my rig...
  9. exodus

Help for a MIDI moron

So, when I see videos of pros on stage with just a big foot button controller and all their pedals off to the side in a rack, that is where this whole thing is employed?
  10. exodus

Help for a MIDI moron

On pedals with MIDI connections, what is the real world application for it? (read the title, I really don't know anything about MIDI and have never used it). For example, I'm looking to buy the Ventris Dual Reverb. It has MIDI jacks. What is the practical application wherein someone would want...
  11. exodus

Toneczar waitlist gone???

hahaha...I was just thinking to myself while reading this thread, "guess I shouldn't mention what I paid for my Unique Vibe" (not that its relevant).
  12. exodus

Coming from a Maxon AD-900, would I like a Nemesis delay?

After years of goofing with various delay units, my Maxon AD-900 always seems to find its way back on my board. I mostly do slapback, but the "soundscape" thing happens at times. So now I'm watching videos of the Source Audio Nemesis delay. (Actually, also looking at the reverb to). Anyone do a...
  13. exodus

Unknown amp. You can bring three pedals...

Tuner Fuzz Maxon AD-900. <- that makes anything sound good.
  14. exodus

Spot the Species: Rosewood

It's a Fender CS '66 Strat.
  15. exodus

Spot the Species: Rosewood

Is it possible to look at a rosewood fretboard and determine what species of rosewood it is? For example, I have 3 strats. I know one is Indian Rosewood because I custom ordered it. The other two are second hand guitars and they both look very different. I'm just curious (not starting a debate...
  16. exodus

What dirt sounds amazing with your vibe pedal?

fuzz face into the univibe for me. just turn the intensity knob down... I keep it at about 1 o'clock. as for the OP, all dirt pedals sound fine with a vibe to me, but fuzz is where it shines.
  17. exodus

Realy expensive guitars you lust after.

To me, at least, it kind of seems like everything has become stupidly expensive. For example, in 2011, I custom ordered a "team built" Fender Custom Shop '66 Stratocaster. It cost me $1,450 delivered. Now, anything Custom Shop is around $2k-$6k+. Even used... look at the Emporium. Also, I used...
  18. exodus

Whatever happened to the Catalinbread "Epoch Pre" pedal?

They must know about what people are thinking/saying in threads like this. They made a post on facebook the other day that showed up in my feed basically saying that they have new people working there; they realize things are a bit rocky, and they are dedicated to getting things sorted out.
  19. exodus

Shin-ei Uni-Vibe clone?

That's how I interpreted the OP...asking about a true 1:1 clone. If that's the case, I think the Unique Vibe is probably the only one out there. Everything else is modified to some degree.
  20. exodus

Shin-ei Uni-Vibe clone?

+1. I have a Unique Vibe. The only thing he didn't clone was part of the silkscreen name... he put "Unique" instead of "Uni." That's it. Literally down to the screws. I've looked under the hood and it has the same Japanese transistors, same brown circuit board, same circuit trace, same power...
  21. exodus

The most exepnsive pedals you've bought.....

Unique Vibe. Think I paid about $850 for it used. I think it's about $1,200 new.
  22. exodus

Is the Chicago iron Octavian really worth the money?

I think I've bought and sold a CI Octavian about 5 times in the last 10 years or so. The original builds for a number of years did not have an LED and I figure that they had enough requests from people (including me) to install one that it became a standard option. It is a very solid build and...
  23. exodus

Worst Univibe?

I'm not sure it ranks as the "worst," but I remember being really disappointed in the Korg NuVibe. It was a fairly pricey unit that seemed like it had all the bells and whistles to pull off a good vintage tone. I thought it sounded lifeless and like a poor simulation of a univibe. (I came to...
  24. exodus

The Delay Thread

Currently have: Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe, original Belle Epoch, and Adineko. Maxon AD-900 I've had a ton of others in the past and really don't look back as necessarily missing any of them. The CBED is my current "go to" and the AD-900 is one I've had for about 10 years and just can't...
  25. exodus

What's the first pedal you've ever built?

A univibe, which was basically a clone of the original. I spent a month or two just spending a few hours after work researching all the component values, making spread sheets to source the parts, buying equipment, etc. I photoetched the pcp board and one weekend, drilled and soldered in all the...
Top Bottom