• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. serial

Trust and Greed....dealing with a vintage piece

No dealer with half a brain is going to let someone who is not a known expert (sorry, but I am pretty sure the OP is not a vintage “expert”-Heritage Guitars, perhaps he’s more well-versed than most on those) take a guitar like that out of the shop. The piece of paper is a joke. Completely...
  2. serial

Let’s see your USA Hamers!

Pass. That's more than those sold for new.
  3. serial

Post a really good picture of one of your guitars .....

This is my favorite shot from the photo session I did for my Hamer book cover. Pre-edited image, of course.
  4. serial

thoughts on Firebirds

LOVE Reverse Birds. Have a Historic FB1 and FB III. They hang fine if you use the strap button at the neck heel as opposed to the bass horn. Sound and play great-complete fretboard access and mine have big fat necks. Banjo tuners look cool, but the Steinbergers are MUCH better tuners-I have a...
  5. serial

NGD-80s Schecter PT content

Agreed that the new ones are not bad-much better than many of the later TX ones when things got dicey and the USA ones are quite good. Still, I have yet to play one that is the equal of the 84/85s I've had or have now. Considering the price of the new USA ones, I would pass though.
  6. serial

Les Paul Value Estimate

$1000 foran unbroken body/neck any day of the week.
  7. serial

To date it between84-86, if it's a VN neck, it should have a brand on the heel. If it's a TX before mid-1985, it should have dates and inspectors' names. The earlier TX stuff can be SO good.
  8. serial

Depending on condition, if it has boomers, $1k and up.
  9. serial

Just the yellow '97. I've owned a few dozen original four digits-they're still my favorite guitars.
  10. serial

If yours is an 85, it's a late one when they started going to all-imported MIJ parts. The giveaway is the differently-shaped upper bass bout and the 22-fret neck. Ive owned three of the 84/85 early TX Schecters with 21 frets and two were among the most perfect guitars I've ever owned among...
  11. serial

I just bought a custom shop holoflake Guild Bulesbird!

I bought the OP's Holoflake Guild (actually traded an amp for it) and it immediately became my #1 gig and recording guitar for the next five years. An absolutely spectacular guitar that got tons of compliments both from sound and looks. To rise to the top of a stable of 45-50 high-end and...
  12. serial

My current favorite: Some old friends:
  13. serial

Guitars you own, that you haven't played this past year.....

-1965 Fender Jazzmaster -1978 Fender Strat (lefty) -1978 Fender Telecaster Custom -1999 Gibson Historic FB1 -2007 Gibson Historic FB III -2007 Gibson Historic SG/LP Std -1997 Hamer USA Standard -2003 Hamer USA Vector -2005 GMP Roxie Bass -2002 Hamer B08M -1984 Hamer Prototype XII -2011 Gretsch...
  14. serial

Any Vintage Ibanez Aficionados in the House? (NGD)

Fantastic score-the set necks are rare indeed. As for production numbers, they are often low-I had a three-coil Iceman that was like one of 40 or so (I forget the number).
  15. serial

NGD Shishkov Build Pics Included

#0001 and #0003
  16. serial

NGD Shishkov Build Pics Included

Mike is building the best guitars I've ever played or heard in the last 38 years. Unbelievable stuff.
  17. serial

Seafoam Green Guitars, let's see them

Still have those!
  18. serial

Seafoam Green Guitars, let's see them

A few Surf and Kerry Greens in here, but yeah-one of my favorite finishes. Most of these have moved along, but I still have a few.
  19. serial

Post Your Schecter Guitars

1985 PT
  20. serial

Pulled the neck pickup out of my Tele, going Esquire

Thanks. It's a great guitar. The conversion was mainly aesthetic, but I also wanted a kill switch.
  21. serial

Hamer Prototype Early 80's?

I know a thing or two about Hamers if you have any questions. You could say I wrote the book on them...;)
  22. serial

Pulled the neck pickup out of my Tele, going Esquire

What is this "neck pickup" you refer to? Esquires are fantastic-very versatile like LP Jrs.
  23. serial

'75 Fender Tele Custom Seth Lover question

Yes-it will directly effect treble. If you're running 250k pots on the neck humbucker which usually has 1meg (more treble), it'll sound like mud.
  24. serial

'75 Fender Tele Custom Seth Lover question

What pots do you have in there? These often had 1meg pots.
  25. serial

One pickup guitars, lets see them.

The neck was an original Baker Inferno neck that had been made for a single-cut (Crucible?). The neck was one of several I bought from the auction of stuff that was in his shop when it was sold in 2003/4. The LP body was custom built and guitar was assembled by Murkat (former GCS) at NTL in...
Top Bottom