• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. boblazz

Most Depressing Jazz Guitar Jam Ever?

tough crowd...
  2. boblazz

rodney jones hip lines audio examples

anybody? i know theres some killer players on here that could tear this up... heres line #4 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjyVgHZlYutNgcQJINE4xHZ5mcJLeA?e=zseBCc
  3. boblazz

rodney jones hip lines audio examples

so i caught that thread on the rodney jones instructional book and purchased it. i am not a jazz guy so its always good for me to hear these lines in audio form. i bought a joe diorio book years ago (intervallic designs) lost it over the years and recently re purchased it with audio examples...
  4. boblazz

Cartoon-y/old jazzy progressions

try some raymond scott. "In 1943, Scott sold his music publishing to Warner Bros., who allowed carl stalling music director for Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies to adapt anything in the Warner music catalog. ." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Scott. heres my favorite ,one of his famous...
  5. boblazz

Solar (jazz) - post your take

nice! i think i heard some joe diorio line at about 1:04 in..
  6. boblazz

Passion Dance-Mike Neer

just had a listen. great sounds for sure.
  7. boblazz

So What — Improv play along jam

not hip to what a guitar pro file is. i will research .. i guess i can also just also work with the soundslice link. very cool . thanks for the info.
  8. boblazz

So What — Improv play along jam

whoa! great job. im not familiar with soundslice. can i download the audio with the sheet music?
  9. boblazz

Facebook Porch Concert(Guitar Bass Jazz Duo)

im still wondering why i cannot see a link....
  10. boblazz

Facebook Porch Concert(Guitar Bass Jazz Duo)

hmmm... i cant see anything. just a blank post...
  11. boblazz

Another Open Jam. Cool Easy But Fun Backing.

ok, heres my first take.some mindless noodling but a fun track to play towith my eastman t-145.
  12. boblazz

well said. thanks for the words! i will put up the first take i did when i get home later today..
  13. boblazz

im hearing what your saying bluesful. honestly, when i try to play with these open jams, i hear everyone's take and whatever i thought i had , sets me back a bit. im hearing so many great ideas by all. in a way it is inspiring and in another ,i try too hard to make something happen, so it works...
  14. boblazz

Coronavirus playalong fun! E major (diatonic)

i think it was a tv show....
  15. boblazz

nice playing. scofield model? i bought one in the early 80's i believe. traded it for a george benson ibanez. in 2000 i bought another one and its been my go to guitar. wont trade this one...
  16. boblazz

great playing as always!
  17. boblazz

heres my take. might try again with some more practice on it.
  18. boblazz

Scale for soloing over Ab7 in turn around of a Cm blues

oops , my bad . the tune was mobius 3 from soul manifesto..
  19. boblazz

Scale for soloing over Ab7 in turn around of a Cm blues

yes on rodney jones! killer player and one of my favorites also. i e-mailed him a while back about a tune on his soul manifesto album, "one turnip green" our band was going to play and he immediately sent me the chart. very cool...
  20. boblazz

George Benson method, Peter Farrell

wow.. thanks for posting all this! always been a big fan of george bensons playing. thanks also on the heads up on peter farrell .i never heard of him. great video and great player. lots of other good ideas from others too! great thread..
  21. boblazz

The Chicken - Invitational Jam

my favorite version of the chicken. rob whitlock album with scott henderson solo queued up..
  22. boblazz

The Chicken - Invitational Jam

thought i throw in the towel after i heard all your takes but i thought id give it a try anyways. i used to play this years ago with a little more in your face overdrive type of vibe. a few stabs and this is the best i got for now...
  23. boblazz

"Sunny"-post your take

sounds good governor. not sure who barry harris is but i will check him out...
  24. boblazz

"Sunny"-post your take

heres mine. a little too busy but .....
Top Bottom