• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. lonetone483

RambleFx Twin Bender V3 placement opinions

Hey guys. I have a Ramblefx Twin Bender v3 coming to me. I want to incorporate it to my board without a doubt. I do run a RJM PBC10 on my board but run a Xotic Wah and Skreddy Lunar Module Mini Deluxe before the RJM. I read that Germanium fuzz units like to see the guitar first. I know the...
  2. lonetone483

Suhr SSV in the neck of my Suhr guitar to dark

Hey guys I have a Suhr Classic T Antique with a Suhr SSV in the neck and Suhr Classic T in the bridge. I'm finding the SSV to be way to dull sounding. The lowend seems to just over take the tone. I tried different height levels but just cant seem to get it to sound clear. I bought the guitar...
  3. lonetone483

Suhr Classic T - SSV in neck sounds way to dark

Hey guys I have a Suhr Classic T Antique with a Suhr SSV in the neck and Suhr Classic T in the bridge. I'm finding the SSV to be way to dull sounding. The lowend seems to just over take the tone. I tried different height levels but just cant seem to get it to sound clear. I bought the guitar...
  4. lonetone483

Am I crazy....Cali76 Compact Deluxe vs Xotix SP Comp

I acquired a Origin Cali76 Compact Deluxe a few months ago and have been struggling to achieve the kind of comp I like out of it. I have it first in the signal chain before any overdrives and I just can seem to get it to sustain the way I like or bump the volume without it driving my overdrive...
  5. lonetone483

Pickups for Gibson R9 Les Paul...opinions

Hey guys. Title pretty much sums it up. I'm looking to replace the pickups in my 2014 VOS R9. I'm looking for something that a more balanced across the frequencies and pickup positions but will be brighter. Almost like Pete Thorns Gil Yaron 59 replica. Still would like to retain the lowend punch...
  6. lonetone483

Adjusting T-Rex Replicator Jr.

I recently acquired a T-Rex Replicator Jr. for an amazing deal but once I got it home I noticed the repeats are super distorted and almost songs ring modulator like sometimes. I cannot get usable repeats what so ever. I also noticed the wheels stop spinning every now and then like if they are...
  7. lonetone483

Suhr pickups questions on my Suhr guitar

hi guys. I have a Suhr Classic S Antique with V63 pickups in the neck and middle and a SSV in the bridge. The guitar sounds great and is easily my new favorite. However, I have a 50mm brushed nickle Bridge Thornbucker pickup for a different project that is on hold right now. How would the...
  8. lonetone483

Diezel VH4-2 pedal issue

Hey guys, I recently added a Diezel VH4-2 pedal to my rig and over the last 3 gigs i can't get unity volume out of the pedal on either channel. I can have both channel on the pedal cranked and it wont reach unity volume. Tried power with a Voodoo Lab iSo 5 and the Diezel power supply and it...
  9. lonetone483

Shift Line Astronaut v1....where did you come from???

I stripped down my board to bard bones a while back and actually just finished with the revamp of the overdrive section of my board. Well today just out of curiosity I checked what the local two Guitar Centers had in their used pedal section and came a across this reverb pedal by a company out...
  10. lonetone483

XTS Atomic as a MIAB style unit?

Hey all, I was wondering what your guys opinion was on using a XTS Atomic Overdrive as a Marshall In A Box style pedal to cover JCM (stock or modded) 800 style tones? I wondering if I should leave it on my board or not since I have a J Rockett .45 Caliber on there also? I know they are different...
  11. lonetone483

need some info on a couple MIAB pedals

Been wanting to change my board setup for the last couple months so I've been on a research kick. I like to have a few distinct MIAB flavors at my disposal ar all times on a gig. A nice slight breakup/cleanish, kinda uncompressed breakup sort of tone that handles a boost well to send into lead...
  12. lonetone483

Help deciding on Marshall style pedals for my board

have a new project coming up and need to cover as many bases as possible. Here is my question. I would like to have 2 kinds of Marshall flavor pedals on my board. One to cover the JCM/Hotrodded tones and another unit to cover plexi style tones. FEEL is a big deciding factor for me and available...
  13. lonetone483

Trying to cut pedal rig down...suggestions

So I'm trying to possibly cut down my pedal rig yet still be as versatile as possible to cover as many tones and genres as possible. Based on the units I have what would you guys keep? I love having as many options at my disposal as possible at all times so this is a hard thing for me. Here's...
  14. lonetone483

Help with moving to a stereo setup.

I have a friend that wants to move to a stereo setup with his rig. He wants to run both amps on at all times but want to take advantage of running his delays and reverbs in stereo (Timeline, El Capistan, Flint, BlueSky, Neunaber Stereo Wet and Mobius) but want s to keep the option on using all...
  15. lonetone483

Help choosing Plexi In A Box pedal for my Two Rock

Hey guys I'm looking for a full featured Plexi In A Box type pedal to use with my Two Rock. The amp is a Studio Pro 35 head and matching 1x12 cab with a Celestion Creamback 75. I currently own a Wampler Plexidrive Deluxe but I find my self having trouble dialing it in. I've had the pedal since...
  16. lonetone483

A few Two Rock Studio Pro 35 questions

Hi, I currently play through a Studio Pro 35 head and 1x12 cab with a Celestion Creamback 75. I find that the amp seems like it lacks attack on the notes. It seems like if there is to much compression on the attack. It just does't seem right. I have never replaced tubes on the head and it was...
  17. lonetone483

Good Marshall in a Box type pedal for Two Rock......

Hey guys I'm currently using my Two Rock Studio Pro 35 head and 1x12 cab with Celestion Creamback 75 as my main gigging amp. I'm searching for a really good Marshall In A Box type pedal that can compliment the amp well. I'm currently using a XTS Atomic Overdrive for these duties but I just can't...
  18. lonetone483

running fx with Two Rock Studio Pro 35....fx loop or no fx loop

Hey guys I'm running g a Two Rock Studio Pro 35 head with matching 1x12 cab as my main rig now. I'm setting the amp squeaky clean and use various overdrive, distortion and fuzz units as dirt for what I'm playing now. My question is, since I'm using the amp clean and using dirt boxes for drive...
  19. lonetone483

Help with boutique vibe pedal options

Hey guys I'm looking into getting a univibe pedal to add to my board. Ihave been researching for a couple of weeks and I have narrowed it down to a handful of units. Here they are in order from which I'm thinking of getting from most to least JHS Warble Tron Fulltone Mini Dejavibe 3 Sweet...
  20. lonetone483

Wren and Cuff Caprid vs Wampler Velvet Fuzz

Hey guys the title pretty much says it all. Have any of you guys put these 2 head to head and what were your opinions. I have a Caprid that I LOVE but for pedalboard space i might need to go smaller but if the Caprid just sounds better than the Wampler then I'll make it work.
  21. lonetone483

EP Booster and Germanium Fuzz Face

Hi guys I'm wanting to add a germanium fuzz face to my rig like a Germ Mini Fuzz or Bonamassa Fuzz to my rig but I run a Xotic EP Booster at the front of my chain as the first pedal always on. I hear the Fuzz Faces don't do well with this sort of thing but I have had a EQD Tone Reaper and...
  22. lonetone483

Bogner Ecstasy 101b Marvel Mod capacitor opinions

Hi guys I have a 96 to 97 Bogner Ecstasy 101b that I am going to perform the Marvel Mod on. In looking for the parts I came across two kinds of capacitors to use but was wondering if one was better than the other to use. Here are the links to the capacitors, if you guys could shine some light on...
  23. lonetone483

Vox AC30 Handwired mods

I have a Handwired Vox AC30 that I would like to perform the cap mods to. Do you guys have any experience with this mod and where can I get the parts? Thanks
  24. lonetone483

New to recording and need opinions

Hi guys, I'm getting into recording at home and I need some advice. I am using an iMac recording into Logic X Pro. I'm wanting to upgrade both my interface and my monitors. I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track as my interface and a pair of Klipsch home audio speakers for playback. I went to Guitar...
  25. lonetone483

pink floyd attempt with my pedalboard. strymon, wren & cuff content

http://m.soundcloud.com/dankwilliamsjr-1/comfortably-numb-v2 I recorded this last week at a friends house. I'm using the backing track from Gilmourish.com. I'm using Fender 52 Ash Hot Rod Telecaster with a Lollar Special T in the bridge Guitar runs into : Suhr Koko Boost - Wren and...
Top Bottom