• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Search results

1. sll

1965 - 66 SG jr control cavity cover

Hello, Does anyone know where I can find a replacement cover for the control cavity of a 1965-66 SG Junior. It can be a copy, I don't need a vintage one. Thanks, Steve
  2. sll

FS 5 Watt Conversion Amp

This 5 watt tube studio / rehearsal guitar amp was converted from a 1960s tape deck. Demos by a friend, Mark Barden, who I built one of these amps for. This amp was designed and constructed using the basic foundation of a 1960s (Akai M8) Roberts 770X tube reel to reel tape recorder. The...
  3. sll

FS 5 Watt Conversion Amp

In case you're looking for it, my posting has been relocated to: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/5-watt-conversion-amp.2315188/ Thanks
  4. sll

1965 SG Jr Vibrola Parts

Hey guys, Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the standoffs and mounting screws for a mid 1960s Vibrola tailpiece for a Gibson SG Jr? I'm pretty sure it's a mid 1965 model according to the serial number and various attributes. I can't find the standoffs anywhere. Thanks
  5. sll

Crosstalk in Fender Amps

I was wondering how many Fender amp users have experienced interstage crosstalk, where guitar sound is heard from the speaker with the volume and tone controls set to 0 (off). Did/do you just live with it or did you get it repaired?
  6. sll

Altec 418 Guitar Speakers

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Altec 418 and 418B 15" speakers? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  7. sll

Altec 418 Speaker Question

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Altec 418 and 418B 15" speakers? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  8. sll

Barrel Jacks

Hello, has anyone identified a 1/4" barrel jack that appears to be longer lived and more reliable than the others?
  9. sll

Barrel Jacks

Hello, has anyone identified a 1/4" barrel jack that appears to be longer lived and more reliable than the others?
  10. sll

What does Boutique mean to you?

Small, narrowly focused, unique, expensive? I'm not sure what makes one manufacturer boutique and another not. Interested in your opinions on this. Do prices justify titles or do titles justify prices?
  11. sll

Stand Alone Reverb

Why are tube stand alone reverb units so expensive? They're really pretty simple circuits to assemble, not many components, few costly components, non-acoustic critical cabinet. So why do they cost so much? Just thinking.
  12. sll

Limited edition 5 watt conversion

A selectable input tube 5 watt class A single ended conversion amp.
  13. sll

Batsh*t Crazy price appreciation

Back sometime around 1997 I bought a new Klon Centaur for, as I remember, about $159. I love that pedal and have used it exclusively until about 2018 when I realized that it was worth too much to leave on a stage or in a warm-up room since it is so much easier for someone to walk off with than a...
  14. sll

Pricing Help Needed (please)

Hey all, I could use some input from you guys. I have been asked to build a few amp conversions in tolex covered head cabinets. I need some opinions from other players about how much these would be worth to players to decide if it's worth doing. How much should I charge for these amps? Thanks...
  15. sll

Pricing Help Needed (please)

Hey all, I could use some input from you guys. I have been asked to build a few amp conversions in tolex covered head cabinets. I need some opinions from other players about how much these would be worth to players to decide if it's worth doing. How much should I charge for these amps? Thanks...
Top Bottom