Search results

1. Echoplexi

1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

What are those tube retainers made of, weren’t the originals asbestos?
  2. Echoplexi

New Project

I think it looks awesome. The wood grain on the fretboard looks very cool too
  3. Echoplexi

Which amp(s) were you most excited to try in person but let down by when you played them?

Nice. The Invader seems awesome. Even though I didn’t bond with my Tomcat, there’s no denying Aiken makes top notch amps. He’s a legend
  4. Echoplexi

Show us your Big Amps!

Haha, yep!
  5. Echoplexi

Fane......Old vs New?

Love the old Fanes. I have two cabs with two different models of purple labels. The Hi Tone clones I think are good, I’m a fan of that company.
  6. Echoplexi

James Honeyman-Scott

The solo in Kid is the only solo I’ve ever learned note for note. It’s beautiful.
  7. Echoplexi

Question about re-amping volume

Yep, that was my issue- DI Level set too low. Brought it up to just below clipping, and it was cranking.
  8. Echoplexi

Sturgill Simpson Cuttin Grass

I really wish he would release an instrumental album of tunes like the live videos @earthmud posted.
  9. Echoplexi

Show us your Big Amps!

Both amps are from 1974, cab is a 1978.
  10. Echoplexi

Sturgill Simpson Cuttin Grass

So great
  11. Echoplexi

AC/DC - A Shot In The Dark

Yeah I’m psyched for him. Cliff Williams episode too
  12. Echoplexi

Which amp(s) were you most excited to try in person but let down by when you played them?

Well, I was very excited to try it because of Aiken’s reputation as a builder. It was obviously very well made, but it didn’t work for me. I found it to be too raspy on the treble and I didn’t care for how boost pedals/etc paired with it. I think it even came with very nice NOS tubes as well...
  13. Echoplexi

New 3x12 Cab Day

Wow, the only other 3x12 I’ve seen were those older 3rd Power ones they discontinued.
  14. Echoplexi

Strictly FUZZ

Damn, I gotta bust out my Rotobone now. It’s been awhile...
  15. Echoplexi

Ah, this might be the thing. For some reason I thought the level control only really was used when recording, which I typically have at 10-11:00. Maybe I need to turn that up when using the RLIR for slaving/re-amping
  16. Echoplexi

when using the amp via loop return, it is a line level one, non switchable and with no level control. but the volume thing is the same whether doing that or straight in to a regular power amp. The signal chain is: Guitar > Pedalboard > Front of Main amp set at 8 ohms > Suhr Reactive Load...
  17. Echoplexi

I’ve been a fan of re-amping (slaving?) my big amps via a Suhr Reactive Load IR into a power amp for awhile. I’ve used the FX return of a separate tube amp, a dedicated old school tube slave amp, and a little solid state power amp. The one thing that I’ve found in all three instances is that...
  18. Echoplexi

George Lynch Delay in FRONT of Amp?

^^^
  19. Echoplexi

How good is the reverb on the Strymon Flint?

Love the Plate setting on my Flint.
  20. Echoplexi

Ace Frehley WHOA!!!!

Ace had the best solo record too
  21. Echoplexi

NAZARETH. WHAT A KILLER BAND.

Hair Of The Dog is a classic album front to back. Great album covers too!
  22. Echoplexi

Fight of The Best Dumble Clones! Quinn vs Louis Electrics Cobra!

Not to get to far off subject, but for a record with absolutely smoking Dio vocals- with no fantasy themed lyrics- I think the Black Sabbath record from 1992 Dehumanizer crushes. The clip with the Creams sounds great btw.