Search results

1. Blix

2 amps using both effects loops in stereo. Doable?

The common way to do stereo with two amps is using the send from one of amps, into the effect(s) then into the returns of both amps.
  2. Blix

Mid-price (<$120) neck humbuckers favored for shred leads?

Another vote for DiMarzio Air Norton here. Fantastic pickup.
  3. Blix

Ibanez Quamtum pickups

They got this grating exaggerated pick attack to them. I recorded a quick clip, you can hear the DiMarzio Dreamcatcher bridge pickup has a solid even tone and you hear the pick squeak of the Quantum neck. It doesn't sound all that bad, but to me it need replacing.
  4. Blix

Ibanez Quamtum pickups

They suck. I have a Jem Jr, replaced the bridge pickup, need to replace that Quantum neck pickup ASAP.
  5. Blix

James Tyler USA vs PRS Core models

Yep, that Tyler looks much better than that gaudy PRS.
  6. Blix

George Lynch Delay in FRONT of Amp?

Exactly, OP didn't say when. And listening to old tracks live, any delay would be from FOH. IIRC, he had a bit of an epiphany with the w/d/w stuff, as he never got delay in front to sound like he wanted to.
  7. Blix

Synergy modular thread

Yes they are. But at least they have BMT per channel, I really wish my HBE had that.
  8. Blix

Today. You didn't specify when.. :) I'm listening to some 1986 Dokken live right now, Lynch is bone dry with no delay.
  9. Blix

No he doesn't. He does wet/dry/wet with a pair of Roland delays.
  10. Blix

What is your favorite 2-channel amp?

Mezzabarrba M Zero Overdrive I have on loan here now. Amazing amp! Based on an SLO.
  11. Blix

Rounded picks

Not really . I like pointy picks like Jazz III. But I do sometimes use the rounded edge for a different sound, that's cool.
  12. Blix

Was EVH a good singer?

Ed and Mike had a magical sound together. He's singing here:
  13. Blix

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I'd be totally happy with that amp list. Needs a Tri-Chorus though! :D
  14. Blix

Mesa Cab Clone or Two Notes Captor X

The EVH 5150 50w has a headphone output with rudimentary speaker simulation you can use silently btw. I used a Suhr Reactive load with my EVH when I had it, for recording mainly, I'm not a fan of guitars and headphones. I listen through studio monitors.
  15. Blix

Mesa Cab Clone or Two Notes Captor X

You'll never get a "quality headphone experience". with a load straight to headphones really, if you can swing a Captor X you can just as well buy a Line 6 POD Go, which will be much more satisfying for headphone practise IMO.
  16. Blix

Splitting send/return signal for wet dry

It will work, but won't sound as good as using a proper line-out box.
  17. Blix

Real amp loaded down into modeler?

I've done that for years with my Suhr load. And a huge benefit is the less latency compared to using an IR-loader in your computer, as long as you have the moniters hooked up to the modeler.
  18. Blix

screen capturing

Hehe, I had to demonstrate the audio was recorded at the same time :p
  19. Blix

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

UK is still technically in the EU economically, the transition period ends December 31th this year.
  20. Blix

Question about re-amping volume

This will depend on the level you send from the Suhr Load, for best signal to noise ratio, set the level as hot as you can without clipping the inputs on the effects downstream, and that sets the max for what you power amps have to work with.. :)
  21. Blix

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I just estimated quickly from the original price, which is VAT included, it will probably end up around the same in the UK, but don't hold me responsible if it gets more expensive :D
  22. Blix

screen capturing

Thanks for asking, now I learned how :p You can just use Quicktime, I just tried and it works! The audio from my guitar can out a little lopsided to the left , but I'm sure that's just a setting I need to fix. Just scroll down to "use Quicktime" https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208721...
  23. Blix

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Just use google: XXXX EUR to GBP and you get the price in pounds.I'll estimate around £1450 depending on VAT.
  24. Blix

WTB Barefaced Reformer 1x12 cab

For the op, don't think there's many of them over on your continent, just as well order direct and be done with it. I have two of them with Celestion Redbacks, sounds killer! :)
  25. Blix

Splitting send/return signal for wet dry

You will be surprised how fun it is, even the little Peavey will make it sound huge! :) Also using the line-out box is better than splitting from the preamp send, you'll get the whole tone of your amp with the line solution, much better.