Search results

1. A440

2019 Gibson Pelham Blue SG Special (Original Collection)

What’s the neck profile like on these? Is it wide/thin D shape or more rounded C ?
  2. A440

Van Halen to continue?

Wolf was set to release his solo album. If he took it on the road, I wonder who would be in the band?
  3. A440

PRS CE-22 (1994) = my go to guitar!

Still have my goldtop. Solid and dependable. Played it stock for many years. Tastes changed and swapped in some lower wind pickups, but kept the 5-way. I toy with the idea of putting a 3-way switch, but I like some of the tele/strat tones I can get. It covers a lot of bases.
  4. A440

Ahh nothing like a fresh set of strings on a tele. Also, flatwounds SUCK!

new strings on anything, yes! :beer
  5. A440

Adrian Belew - Oh Daddy

Don’t forget the fuzzy foxx tone kitty cat sounds!
  6. A440

Buddy Rich : Mike Douglas Show

I happened to catch part of an old Buddy special on PBS last night. Great footage with Lionel Hampton and other jazz greats. For me, it is often difficult to separate the artist from the work. There are many I can’t tolerate any longer. I’ll leave it at that.
  7. A440

Guilds at Target??

Strings and all sorts of things also available via MF. Interesting, change to storefront. the Guilds appear to be Indonesian btw
  8. A440

Gibson Pelham blue and no grain filler. Why?

Hard to tell what model you’ve posted but there are some Epiphones with a TV Pelham Blue finish. PB is definitely one of my faves btw:)
  9. A440

Lemon oil on rosewood fretboards

Neal Schon prefers salami grease :roll
  10. A440

Smaller bodied Semi hollows

ES-LP
  11. A440

Smaller bodied Semi hollows

339 here
  12. A440

Thoughts on the PRS McCarty 594

My eyes gravitate towards the singlecut version but I can definitely hear the differences when listening to the PRS videos of the 594 models. The double cut has a different low end. They’re different and one may prefer one over the other. Congrats!
  13. A440

Lemon oil on rosewood fretboards

I have a bottle of Roche Thomas fingerboard oil that is probably 10 years old. A little goes a long way. I recall John Suhr recommended it here on a previous thread. That being said, I use mineral oil on my wood cutting boards. Thanks Mr. Kirn!
  14. A440

YouTube Ads Are Out Of Control

Totally agree re the ads! Ad blockers do help if using a browser but not on the iPhone app. while I’m at it, I’m not enjoying Instagram as much since it turned into tiktok overnight with the introduction of “reels”. :bonk
  15. A440

Prs S2 594 Vs. Prs Core 594

From what I understand, the necks differ. S2 594 necks are 3 piece construction.
  16. A440

Ozzy's "I Don't Know"

Nice job! Were you double or triple tracking the solo like Randy? Great job!!
  17. A440

The tops I’ve seen on the S2 594s so far aren’t matched up so well. I’m not big on flame tops, I wish they’d actually done more solid colors and a goldtop. They’ve only done a few limited solid colors on the 594 (except for the thinline which is all mahogany body). A used core 594 appears to be...
  18. A440

Bumped for continued interest in the S2 594 guitars :cool:
  19. A440

Calling all Blue Guitars!!!

Pelham blue
  20. A440

Has the Celestion A style speaker fallen out of favour?

The V type isn’t discussed much either but it’s used in a lot of amps including the Suhr Hombres that was recently released. I’m am curious about both.
  21. A440

Grissom says the HX Stomp sounds more “digital” than M9?

Maybe it sounds warmer or more analog in front of the amp?? Some players prefer the older rack units for the same reason.
  22. A440

NAD: Fender Pro Junior IV

Congrats! They love pedals too.