Search results

1. SQUAREHEAD

Show us your Big Amps!

Dino;)
  2. SQUAREHEAD

Who makes low wattage JMP 2203/2204 clones?

Very true brother, it’s all subjective! Hope you’re having a great weekend bro
  3. SQUAREHEAD

Who makes low wattage JMP 2203/2204 clones?

Wow, I really do not like that SC 20 tone… It’s extremely brittle. I like bright amplifiers, but these SC20 frequencies are not pleasing to the ear at all... Maybe he’s playing it through horrible speaker cabinet, hopefully.
  4. SQUAREHEAD

WTB Peavey VTM 120

I’m looking for one of these in excellent condition, without any mods
  5. SQUAREHEAD

I dare you - What's the best-sounding amp you've ever played?

Beautiful textured harmonically rich high gain tones like I’ve never experienced, Extremely tight but still very meaty and organic!
  6. SQUAREHEAD

WTB Larry Rock Wizard

Still looking:wave
  7. SQUAREHEAD

WTB Larry Rock Wizard

Looking to buy one, if anyone has one they would Like to turn into cash, ... just thought I would check before I order one. Thanks!
  8. SQUAREHEAD

Larry Amplification

thegame pretty much sums it up, I can’t really add to what he has said because his description is bang on perfect… What Larry does is not only an amplifier but a complete work of art… There is no other amplifier I have ever played that holds together with such beautiful organic complexity and...
  9. SQUAREHEAD

Bogner Ecstasy 3534

Thank you everyone for your contributions in this thread, after reading through the whole thing, I Don’t think I will be buying one. I have owned many Bogner heads in the past and I still own three, a 100B from 1992, A 101B and an Ecstasy Classic. I owned an Atma for a very short time ... it...
  10. SQUAREHEAD

Brunetti Pleximan Users?

Anyone in the Toronto area that would offer a few minute demo? Pleximan looks like I need!!
  11. SQUAREHEAD

New Amp from Bogner - Ecstasy 25 Lunch Box Head

Lution, do you still have your 100B? I still have mine,
  12. SQUAREHEAD

hey guys, I didn’t mean to come off like I know more than Reinhold does… I guess that kind of sounded dumb, if Mr. Snider loves the amplifier, I trust his ears and I will have to give it a shot at some point, but I will not buy this one before I try it!
  13. SQUAREHEAD

The Brunetti Pleximan has EL34 tubes in it.
  14. SQUAREHEAD

Me too brother, I was so pumped to hear about this amplifier-when I first heard about it somebody said it was 30W with a couple 34s in it, and that made me more pumped! I had an Atma and the EL84 tubes just don’t cut it… Plain and simple. I don’t know why he didn’t use 6V6 power tubes, but if...
  15. SQUAREHEAD

Low-Cap Cable First Impression Not So Good

I used canare GS6 cables for years and I have switched to mogami 3368… I tend to disagree with most people here, it’s not just an EQ thing, the 3368 cable is much tighter in the bottom and much more clarity in the little intricacies of your playing ... MUCH more touch sensitivity. The response...
  16. SQUAREHEAD

Thoughts on Floyd big brass blocks

I have had success with these in one guitar, but every other guitar I have tried to put one in, sounds and feels way too linear and it loses some life… It’s hard to explain but it almost feels like I’ve got a slight compressor in the signal chain… Yes, there is more bass and more sustained but...
  17. SQUAREHEAD

German Floyd Rose frustration

Wow, thank you so much everyone for all of your suggestions, I have tomorrow off and I will try every one of them until something works, I will take the Floyd off and check the posts also, everything appears to be nice and tight, I have five other guitars with German Floyd Rose’s and none of...
  18. SQUAREHEAD

As far as I can tell from an extreme close look, ( The Floyd is slightly leaned back a touch in comparison to the post so it may give that impression that it’s crooked - I like my Floyds to lean back ever so slightly instead of leaning forward ) they are Solid and straight, they haven’t moved...
  19. SQUAREHEAD

9E59EB9B-1711-4FB7-9A8B-FD8DC70BA16C by SQUAREHEAD posted Nov 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM 0A593B4B-E0C9-4588-B50B-D96E10467883 by SQUAREHEAD posted Nov 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM OK, I have a German Floyd Rose, brand new, on an alder body strat shape guitar, The Floyd has the big brass block and I have it...
  20. SQUAREHEAD

0A593B4B-E0C9-4588-B50B-D96E10467883 by SQUAREHEAD posted Nov 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM 9E59EB9B-1711-4FB7-9A8B-FD8DC70BA16C by SQUAREHEAD posted Nov 18, 2018 at 1:28 PM German Floyd Rose frustration OK, I have a German Floyd Rose, brand new, on an alder body strat shape guitar, The Floyd has the...
  21. SQUAREHEAD

Mike Soldano retiring

Agreed, Gilmour… Yes, the early ones had Sylvania STR415’s in them... And they seemed to be biased a little bit more in the proper range, where as the later ones were biased extremely cold and had cheap Russian tubes… I have tested some bias as low as 11 mA per tube. No wonder the older ones...
  22. SQUAREHEAD

Mike Soldano retiring

Yep, absolute insanity… An amplifier that was hardly even being discussed a couple months ago, (i’m not taking a shot or being negative, Mike has built fine amplifiers), just saying…
  23. SQUAREHEAD

Mike Soldano retiring

This thread is hilarious… Humans are extremely funny animals.
  24. SQUAREHEAD

Mike Soldano retiring

He will, 6L6Wreck… He’s a great guy and he’s very intelligent, he has not worked 30 years to dig a hole and bury his company in it… I can guarantee you that! He has a plan for retirement income, and I predict there will be an SLO 100 ‘Custom’ (etc) with separate EQ’s, updated transparent loop...
  25. SQUAREHEAD

Mike Soldano retiring

I have owned two SLO 100s over the years and sold them in favour of Bogner, Diezel, Aiken etc... I could never get along with the loop, it was just horrible… If I owned one right now, I would sell it quickly, before the SLOII comes out with separate EQ’s and added features... Also, I would be...