Search results

1. T

What guitarist is in this backing band? Ray LaMontagne content

That's got Jackson Browne written all over it.
  2. T

What tele is Bill Frisell playing here?

Just picked up my first tele. Squier Classic Vibe Custom. Went for some of these 'upgrades', as well...Gotoh tuners w/ white buttons, nickel control plate w/ a couple fender barrel knobs, CRL 3 way switch, white barrel switch tip, bone nut, compensated brass saddles, electrosocket jack, .022...
  3. T

15" + 10" in the same cab?

Played that cab. pretty cool, but I love the simplicity of a nice single D130 15", or a couple 12"s. Haven't played 10"s that I fell in love with. Cool thing about that cab is that it has a simple exchangeable baffle so you can have a variety of combinations.
  4. T

Best looking amp head?

5. T

Siegmund Sound King...art deco bliss!

Yup, showed that to Chris. He wasn't familiar with the group, but was stoked that someone else appreciated such things! That thing is pretty wild in action, too. It flickers/fluctuates/throbs depending on the power dug into it. Chris has it setup as an indicator light for the field coil speaker.
  6. T

That 'speaker cable' has to run power for the field coil speaker, as they aren't permanent magnets. Got to play this bad boy, and MANNN O MANNN it's wonderful. With the EQ in, it feels a lot like a 'big brother' to the Midnight Special...more so than the Midnight Blues. With the EQ out, it...
  7. T

What tele is Bill Frisell playing here?

Does anyone know the details on this Bill Frisell telecaster? It's got to be my favorite of the bunch, and I don't really recall seeing it mentioned in any articles or posts... http://www.allaboutjazz.com/media/large/8/f/5/2ebde503608f9b61a9762b7bb0bc9.jpg It's either old, or...
  8. T

Siegmund Diamond owners call for information

I've played the Diamond, but have yet to play the Sound King. From what I hear, Chris is looking to get some clips made soon.
  9. T

Guitar Violin Sound

This beast should help ;) Siegmund Violectric
  10. T

Soulajar - Pipe Dream [album]

For a funky instrumental, check out "C Is For Kidz"
  11. T

Soulajar - Pipe Dream [album]

Hey guys, I recently wrapped some graphic design work w/ a group called Soulajar. Their guitarist Ryan Fergon plays some Siegmund gear (Midnight Blues head, Midnight Special field coil african mahogany combo, & one of his custom walnut guitars). He also used my oversized 2x12 w/ tone tubby...
  12. T

Interesting, I'd be curious to know what those might be. That's the amp that won a bunch of awards, and Sergio from Mercury Magnetics thought was brilliant. I own the Midnight Blues, octal custom. There's a lot of customizable things w/ that amp, so I suppose depending on what's in there, it...
  13. T

I'm guessing the eye jewel functions as a power indicator light when the field coil cable is plugged into the amp. Pretty nifty!
  14. T

Check this thing out: http://siegmundguitars.com/soundking.html Field coil half stack (1x15)...Looks like it also takes a standard 8 or 16ohm speaker cab as well, and has an FX loop. The connector cable for the field coil cab is the wildest thing I've seen...It's like taking...
  15. T

Any Siegmund owners here?

You can get a taste of some more Siegmund...both the Midnight Special & The Midnight Blues through various speaker setups (Tone Tubby 2x12, field coil 1x12, JBL D130 1x15) in this link...Soulajar is wrapping the recording and mix on their debut album, Pipe Dream, and just raised $10k using...
  16. T

siegmund microtube. what tubes does it use?

The reasoning skill of magnus wins my vote ;)
  17. T

There's a lot of people with negative comments with no relation to the product that have under 10 posts...hmmm No I have no relation other than being a satisfied return customer. bluetweed, I am with you 100% on the contractual obligation thing. From my understanding, the 'contract' was that...
  18. T

bluetweed, I can assure you the customers are priority. As you very well know, he's a 1 man show. You have to consider his existing instrument, amp, and pedal builds as well as the service on other clients. 6 weeks doesn't actually sound that bad during a busy time. The extra tube w/...
  19. T

Apparently you didn't see the recent revelation that the original poster just bought this thing used on eBay under a month ago (a model from a few years back, at that). It's up to the original seller to deal with this, not the maker of the product, unless it's under some sort of warranty. All of...
  20. T

Ah, that's too bad. I was hoping for a big 'dooohhh! you caught me' reply.
  21. T

Sounds like you are demanding a bit and causing quite a stink for buying it off ebay under 1 month ago. Looks like you even got the older model, which doesn't even have the vents, to allow longer tube life that his current model has. If one of the tubes became noisy as soon as you got it, don't...
  22. T

No other manufacturer is using this tube, particularly circuited the way the DD tube is...Rightfully so, particularly after SD's blatant rip & guitar center marketing, there are issues of infringement. As I said earlier...it's not too hard to figure out what a tube is...markings or not. Do you...
  23. T

9/13 of your messages have been blasting a hardworking businessman/designer/engineer for something that they aren't obligated to tell you. It went bad...he offered to replace it. Nuff said, IMO. You could easily figure out the make/model of the tube on your own...he doesn't need to tell you...
  24. T

You're throwing around a bunch of garbage stats that just aren't true...tarnishing someone's name. He gave you a straightaway answer...take it or leave it.
  25. T

Submini tubes? check 2 channel overdrive? check same housing? check Sounds like quite a few similarities to me, especially in such a thin sub-mini market. You have to be kidding with that SD remark...sound pretty hilarious to me. I'm really curious to know what amp you're using this with...