Search results

1. Texsunburst59

Would you swap an AV 52 Tele for a Nash Tele?

I'd do what bullet69 said about sanding some finish off the back of your AV neck. If I were you, I'd keep the AV and save up for a Nash.
  2. Texsunburst59

NGD - Another Awesome GC Used Score!

Very cool score CG87. I don't think I've ever seen one of those in the wild. Kinda hard to go wrong for what you paid. Congrats!!!!
  3. Texsunburst59

NGD - (OGD?) - 1979 Fender Antigua Stratocaster

Congrats on getting your guitar back. That guitar does have a lot of mojo, and has the bruises and scars to prove it. I too have a '79 Fender Antigua Stat that I used for 10+ years in bars and clubs in the 80's until I retired it in the early 90's. It will never ever be sold and will be...
  4. Texsunburst59

NGD- PRS content

Congrats Monty!!! Welcome to the PRS family. That's a beauty, and you can't go wrong with a Custom.
  5. Texsunburst59

Pawn shop insisted the guitar they were selling me was a fake whaddya think?

Congrats Krimson on a nice score. First Cash Pawn has been a GOLDMINE of mine for 15+ years. I visit most of the pawnshops in my area religiously every week. I've found some AMAZING deals on guitars over the years. The last Gibson I bought from them was at the end of December. I scored an...
  6. Texsunburst59

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

I was lucky enough to see Eddie on Van Halen's 1st tour when they came in to town. They opened for Black Sabbath on November 22, 1978. I was TOTALLY blown away by his playing that night. Up until that time, I'd NEVER EVER seen anyone run and jump around on stage the whole set while playing...
  7. Texsunburst59

How much $$ worth are you in Gear?

Most all my instruments are used, so not much at all. :(
  8. Texsunburst59

ES-335 style guitars....

I'm partial to Cherry Red, but I'd take a Blonde any time. My '83 Dot is the beast of this bunch.
  9. Texsunburst59

1979 Fender Strat Antigua

Thanks. It's an amazing guitar I picked up on CL a few years ago. I traded a $500 Fender Tele for it. I feel I got the better end of the deal.
  10. Texsunburst59

NGD Fender Uptown Strat

I really like this guitar. I'd really like a chance to have a chance to audition one of these in person,but because they're a limited run, doesn't look like this is a possibility. All I can hope for is that one of these ends up used at a guitar shop in my area. Congrats on a very cool guitar.
  11. Texsunburst59

Acoustic guitar under 1K

I've owned a lot of very nice Taylor acoustics over the last few years, and they're all gone except 1. I got amazing deals on all of them, and that was the reason I bought them. They really didn't really have a tone that really kept my interest. I've also owned quite a few Yamaha models over...
  12. Texsunburst59

Your best bang for buck acoustic?

My personal best bang for the money is my recently acquired '81 Yamaha FG-365SII I scored it at a pawnshop with an almost new $165 Gator Pro Ulitmate Padded case for $200. This guitar was in great shape and sounds awesome. Here's a few pics.
  13. Texsunburst59

1979 Fender Strat Antigua

Congrats on a killer gift. I still have my '79 Fender Antigua Stat my father bought me. It was my very 1st "REAL" guitar I ever owned. It's been retired for years now because I was worried it could get damaged or stolen, and because of its sentimental value, I just couldn't let that happen...
  14. Texsunburst59

asking prices for vintage es-330s

I don't know if a lot of the older P-90's are that hot,but mine surely is. If thought about changing out the pickups and wiring to make the guitar playable ,but I want to keep it all original. Unfortunately these hot P-90's basically make this guitar unplayable and most likely it'll live in...
  15. Texsunburst59

asking prices for vintage es-330s

I found my '63 330 in a pawnshop about 5 yrs. ago for $2400 out the door. At the time it was a decent price, but not a steal. I guess at this moment it seem like I did OK. The P-90's in my 330 are some of the hottest I've ever encountered in any p-90 equipped guitar I've ever played...
  16. Texsunburst59

For the love of God a squier strat is not a Fender strat!

When you're selling it's a 100% Fender. If I'm buying THAT guitar, I'm arguing it's a Squier, and I'm offering Squier price.
  17. Texsunburst59

Zion Guitars compared with Suhr and TA (?)

I own 2 Tom Anderson's and 1 Suhr, and that they're are amazing high end guitars to me. I remember wanting a Zion really bad in the mid 90's ,but never had access to try one out. They're not in demand anymore and I'm sure you can find one for a steal these days. If you can get a killer...
  18. Texsunburst59

Show your 70's, 80's & 90's Rock Album Collections!!!!!!

Nice!!! You've got quite a collection there.
  19. Texsunburst59

Which Les Paul if you don’t have one and don’t want to spend too much?

I don't know what part of the country you're from, but in my neck of the woods, pawnshops are GOLDMINE'S for me. I rarely buy from CL or FB Marketplace, and I don't buy online, so almost all my buys are from pawnshops. This past December I scored my very 1st Gibson LP Studio. I got the...
  20. Texsunburst59

Show your 70's, 80's & 90's Rock Album Collections!!!!!!

I've had these put away in a plastic bin for a VERY long time, and I'd forgotten about them. I don't even remember the last time I even played any of these. I used to have a lot bigger collection than this, but my son took a lot of them for his own collection. I know this is 'Old Man Rock"...
  21. Texsunburst59

NGD - are you man enough to rock this?

That's a great looking guitar for sure. In order to properly rock that guitar on stage, you need a proper outfit that compliments it, and this one would do the trick. Now the question is OP, are YOU man enough to wear THIS outfit with your purple guitar?
  22. Texsunburst59

Your favorite strat or S style guitar?

I can go with either of these 2 strats. Both have SS Frets, compound radius, Suhr V70 in neck & middle, and SSV in bridge. '15 Suhr Sherwood Metallic Classic Pro SSH '19 Rohlack Fiest Red Symphony SSH
  23. Texsunburst59

Abandoned Effects Pedals !!!!!

I'm retired from gigging, and most likely never will again. I have a home studio that I go into 3 times a week and jam for several hours on different guitars and work on leads and rhythms. I just go straight into the amp sans pedals.
  24. Texsunburst59

Post your purple guitars

My '95 PRS Purple Custom 24 10-Top This is what is looks like outside in shade. Here's what it looks like outside in the sunlight.
  25. Texsunburst59

Abandoned Effects Pedals !!!!!

Yea Monty, but I don't ship and never ever will.