Search results

1. Mikey Likes It

Zhangbuckers vs Sheptones

I've put Sheptones in a few guitars and like them even better than the Wagners, Tom Holmes, Throbak, Fralin and Harmonic Design humbuckers I've used. Looking for input from anyone who has used both Sheptones and Zhangbuckers, as to whether I should try the Zhangbuckers. I do love the Sheptones...
  2. Mikey Likes It

Octave Pedal Picking Up Radio Station

I got my Believe from the emporium here...posted a "WTB" thread.
  3. Mikey Likes It

Actually, it seems the Lovepedal Rubber Chicken is feeding the radio station into the octave pedals.
  4. Mikey Likes It

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm working on a new board, which is home to a Lovepedal Believe and a Mayer Octavia TC. When I engage the Believe, my amp starts blaring a Journey song from a radio station. The Octavia does it as well, but the amount of interference is linked to the drive...
  5. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

RIP, Evan.:(
  6. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

I was paid handsomely for the job! Check this out: Have to take it to a jeweler for a new prong, then it will be scratching the backs of my guitars.
  7. Mikey Likes It

Where to find this pedal?

Thanks. That will come in handy.
  8. Mikey Likes It

I have seen the mini on Reverb from time to time - wish they had a "watch" or "notification" function. I just ordered an Earthquaker Tentacle because it's nice and small and appears to be set just where I would dial it in - don't like to tweak octave pedals much.
  9. Mikey Likes It

https://www.bigcitymusic.com/products/ottava-magus-ii For the original, keep an eye on Reverb.
  10. Mikey Likes It

Favorite Octapussy settings?

For the Octapussy users out there, what are your favorite settings for Hendrix, Landau, Bramhall II tones?
  11. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

Here's the deal, and why for some folks this could be a great vintage player. In 1956, they discontinued the 350 and re-designed it with a thinner body, hence the "350-T". The majority of collectors saw this as a less-desirable and less-collectible model. It has a very small neck and a short...
  12. Mikey Likes It

One of the first Budda Wahs?

Came across this. PCB is dated 08/08/94. Has anyone ever seen one with this label?
  13. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

And as Jim Fisher has noted, the scale is short. Also, the neck is extremely small and so i'm thinking Danny as a 9-year-old would have bonded quickly with this guitar.
  14. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

That's the one! If you look back at the photo of Danny in 1959, he has added one of the really nice, beefy toggle switch rings by the time this was taped.
  15. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

But oh, those oysters...
  16. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

I'm not really associated with a shop - but you can message me through here or the FB page "Aronson Custom Guitars". There's a guy in Baltimore named Phil who is way over my head, and when it comes to frets, he actually has Plek. But I'm always happy to have a look at anything you're having...
  17. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

That is one heluva solo! Guess that's why they call him the Humbler.
  18. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

Blacksburg - pretty far away from oyster country!
  19. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

Cleaned up... I held a vacuum attachment along the pole pieces whn I brushed the oxide off them - pretty nervous about shorting out one of the pickups. Frets polished and a new set of flatwounds... Wear on the bridge pickup cover from Danny's pick:
  20. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

Danny was a tweaker. He tweaked all of his guitars. Any changes to this were done by him. I've not seen plated finger-slicers on a Gibson.
  21. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

It is a very cautious approach, a toothbrush and a dilute vinegar solution did this: The pointers for the knobs were all green as well, so I cleaned them as well. Note Danny's "fix" for a loose knob: With regard to the gold hardware, once you have corrosion, the plating is history...
  22. Mikey Likes It

1956 Gibson 350T

My ipod has 17,000 tracks and I keep it on "shuffle". The moment I laid the guitar on the bench, the ipod launched into a Gatton track. Hairs on my neck stood up.