Search results

1. sbrollins76

Catalinbread Blood Donor

https://www.catalinbread.com/blood-donor.php?category=all I know TGP has had issues with Catalinbread lately, but I saw this today and thought it was pretty cool. Slightly modified version of the Katzenkönig with 100% of the profits going to the American Red Cross. I've been thinking of getting...
  2. sbrollins76

Possible scam via Reverb messages? Got a very strange message tonight.

I received a really weird message tonight from someone on Reverb. The message seems to have been sent via the listing for a guitar I sold more than 6 years ago. The person who sent it accused me of selling them a Moog keyboard and shipping a box of dirt. They claimed in the message to have...
  3. sbrollins76

Sold EBMM St. Vincent, Limited Edition Tobacco Sunburst w/Gold Hardware

Putting this up here for sale and trade feelers. I've decided it's time to sell my St. Vincent in favor of something solid body with a shorter scale and vintage voiced full-size humbuckers. TGP price incl. PayPal fees and shipping is $1750. Lots of info and photos at my Reverb listing...
  4. sbrollins76

New Original Collection '50s LP Standard, or 2019 Les Paul Traditional?

Hi all, I am looking at buying a new Les Paul and wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the outgoing 2019 Traditional vs. the new Les Paul Standard '50s. For background, I had a 2018 Les Paul Classic that I just sold; it sounded great but I just couldn't get along with the Slim Taper neck...
  5. sbrollins76

Fender Alternate Reality Electric XII - Anyone seen a release date?

I've been looking at electric 12-strings lately and have even gone as far as purchasing a Reverend Airwave to try out. It sounds great and plays pretty well, but I'm not sure I want that much money tied up in something I won't play all the time. I've been looking at other options, but besides...
  6. sbrollins76

Looking for advice on vintage Les Paul Special DC with refin and modded bridge

Hi everyone, Cross-posting from the vintage forum since I'd like to get some advice on this before I go look at it later today. A shop near me has what appears to be a '59 or '60 Les Paul Special that's been modded with a TOM bridge and refinished in natural/clear. Thy're asking $3K for it...
  7. sbrollins76

Need Advice - Modded '59-'60(?) Les Paul Special

Hi everyone, A shop near me recently posted what appears to be a modded '59 or '60 Les Paul Special Double Cut on their Instagram, for what seems to be a fair price ($3K). I'm planning to go down there today to check it out, but want to get some advice first on whether the value is fair and...
  8. sbrollins76

N(ear Miss)GD - Am I being unreasonable?

First some background: I had a free afternoon at work today, so I decided to go check out a couple of local shops over my lunch break. At my local GC, they had a cherry finish 2018 SG Standard hanging on the used wall as a "Scratch and Dent" sale for $999. I took it down because I miss the SG I...
  9. sbrollins76

Sold Upgraded the Loar LM-400 Mandolin, will trade for electric guitar or pedals

Cross-posting from the Other Musical Instrument Emporium. I have an upgraded Loar LM-400 that I'm interested in selling or trading for an electric guitar or pedals. More details and pics here.
  10. sbrollins76

Sold The Loar LM-400 Mandolin w/Cumberland Acoustic Bridge and K&K Pickup

Selling my Loar LM-400 as I've decided to try an oval hole mandolin for a while and found a good deal on a used Breedlove. I don't play enough mandolin to justify keeping both. I've got it priced at $550 shipped on Reverb, but will let it go for $500 here. I'm interested in trades for electric...
  11. sbrollins76

2018 PG Mystery Stocking

Here we go again...... https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28194-mystery-stocking-2018-is-coming-soon I got a Lunastone pedal in mine last year. Will probably buy this year's as well and see if I get lucky again.
  12. sbrollins76

Sold 2010 Fender MIM Special Edition Butterscotch Ash Tele

This is a Fender Special Edition Butterscotch Ash Telecaster I just picked up in a trade. Guitar is MIM with a serial number that dates it to 2010. It's a 2-piece ash body with a really nice grain figure, and a 1-piece maple neck. Frets are in good shape with some wear on the first few frets...
  13. sbrollins76

Cool stores in Philadelphia?

I'm going to be in Philadelphia next week for a conference, and wondering if there are any cool guitar stores in the Center City/Old City area worth checking out. I'm staying at the Sheraton Society Hill at 2nd & Walnut and not renting a car, so bonus points if it's walking distance from there...
  14. sbrollins76

Sold Still Available! 1968 Fender Bandmaster Head, Drip Edge/Black Line Silverface Goodness!

I've had this listed locally for a while, but aside from some tire kickers I'm not getting many serious offers. I was hoping to avoid shipping this, but I think it's time to post it here and Reverb. Note this is for the head ONLY. The cab in the photos/video is not for sale. This is a great...
  15. sbrollins76

SG Faded Trade Value?

Looking for some thoughts on a trade I was offered. I have this guitar listed for sale/trade locally, and I had an offer of a 2006 SG Faded, with the following modifications: Refin with white nitro. Based on the photos I was sent, it looks like it's a fairly light satin finish. W/B/W pickguard...
  16. sbrollins76

Sold 2017 Yamaha LS16R, Sunburst, Solid Rosewood/Engelmann Spruce, $600

I bought this locally about a year ago from Pitbull Audio, who had brought it back from Yamaha's NAMM stock. This is a beautiful guitar with solid rosewood back/sides, sunburst solid Engelmann spruce top, and ebony fretboard and bridge. Has a factory installed pickup and includes original hard...
  17. sbrollins76

NGD - MIJ Rosewood Tele, Update: Back from refin/overhaul

Edit: Tele is back from its refresh/overhaul. Pics and details here. I happened to check the website for a local shop I don’t get to very often at work Tuesday, and saw this MIJ rosewood Tele that had just been added. They had it listed as a 1985 for about half the going rate on Reverb. I could...
  18. sbrollins76

Noah's Ark AC/DC-1 Power Supply?

I'm currently using a Helix with a couple additional pedals in the loops, and I've been looking for a power strip with a detachable cable so I could keep everything wired up and plugged in on a pedalboard. I stumbled across this on Reverb...
  19. sbrollins76

Analysis paralysis for new digital mixer

I play in a four piece cover band as a hobby. We play out occasionally and run our own sound, usually from stage, although sometimes we manage to rope someone savvy in to help out. I currently have a Yamaha MG12XU mounted in a slant-top SKB mixer case with a power conditioner and drawer for...
  20. sbrollins76

Any recommended shops in Salt Lake City?

I'm in SLC for the next three days for work training and looking for some options to kill time in the evenings. Any shops you'd recommend that are worth stopping by? Training class is in the Cottonwood Heights area and there doesn't seem to be much right around here, but I should be done at 4...
  21. sbrollins76

Cool Los Angeles Guitar Stores (that are open on Sunday)?

My wife and kids are headed out this Sunday on a road trip to visit some relatives. Unfortunately, I have to work next week before flying out to meet them the following weekend, but that means I'll have all day Sunday to myself (but only Sunday) to do something cool and guitar-related. I had...
  22. sbrollins76

NG(Sun)D, Warning: St. Vincent content!

Picked this up on Sunday, and WOW. I think this is my new favorite guitar. My local GC had the blue and black, as well as the GC/Musician's Friend exclusive sunburst. I tried them all and ended up with the sunburst because it balanced a little better than the blue one they had. Never liked gold...
  23. sbrollins76

Rectangular Case for SG?

The original Gibson case that came with my SG has a few issues, so I've been looking into replacements. Ideally, I'd love to find a rectangular case that would stack better with my Fender and Rickenbacker cases, but most of the cases I've found are built for a Strat or Tele and won't fit the SG...
  24. sbrollins76

Firebird Conundrum

I've been thinking about getting a Firebird lately. One of the stores near me has a 2015 Firebird V on closeout that I've gone in and played a few times. I liked how it plays and sounds, although I haven't tried it on a strap yet. I didn't mind the wide neck since I have pretty big hands, but...
  25. sbrollins76

Current favorites for custom strat neck?

I had my '94 American Std. Strat in for a setup and the truss rod is maxed out with the action/relief still somewhat high. I've known this was coming for a couple years and specifically asked the tech to check the rod and see if there was anything they could do. At this point the recommendation...