Search results

1. TB72

Rocky Mountain Slides Elements Series slides

Did a little demo vid of the new Elements Series slides from Rocky Mountain Slides. They've been doing slides out of stoneware clay since 2002. These new ones are made from actual stone (except for the Turquoise...that one's synthetic, since the real deal would be crazy expensive). The models...
  2. TB72

Pete Thorn..."Recording and Production for the Modern Guitarist"

Say now... If Pete Thorn comes anywhere near your locale with this clinic tour, get thy behinds to that venue pronto!!! I just caught the clinic in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (Hosted by Lauzon Music, and sponsored by Suhr Guitars). What a treat it was! Pete walks you through the process of...
  3. TB72

Speaker search (68 Custom Deluxe Reverb)

Greetings. I recently picked up a Fender 68 CDR. I like it well enough, but I'm not totally sold on the stock Celestion. I've been experimenting a little bit with different speakers, but surely some folks on here experiment A LOT... So I figured I'd seek some advice. The sound I'm looking for...
  4. TB72

50s Wiring Question

If I have a dual humbucker guitar with volume and tone controls for each pickup (your standard LP, SG, 335, etc. wiring scheme), is it possible to wire one pickup 50s style and have modern wiring for the other? Just perusing the wiring diagrams, it seems to me that it should work. But I...
  5. TB72

Tc Mini Spark Boost...footswitch Question

Hey folks. I picked up a Mini Spark Boost a few months back. I place it after dirt pedals in my chain to get a volume boost for solos. Anyway, at last night's gig, the footswitch decided to stop functioning properly (Latch mode wouldn't work. I decided to just keep my foot on the switch during...
  6. TB72

The Rev with Blackberry Smoke

I figure this ought to make up for that BFG trainwreck Youtube vid posted awhile back (with Johnny Depp). Here's the Rev playin' some blues with Blackberry Smoke. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ZkdjYD3R4 Later...
  7. TB72

Tone Bender question...

I've been searching old threads for an answer to this question, but it's getting confusing and frustrating...mainly due to the great number of pedals that bear the "Tone Bender" name. My question is regarding the early seventies 3-knob model from Sola Sound...like this one...
  8. TB72

Gibson SG question...

Does Gibson make an SG with a fat neck carve? (I'm talking R7 or R8 Les Paul-type girth) If so, what models? Later...
  9. TB72

Line 6 M9 question...

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Line 6 M9. I was wondering whether or not I could power it with a Voodoo Labs PP2. Anybody know? Thanks. Later...
  10. TB72

Pondering a mod for my Gretsch...

I've been thinking about this mod for a bit... The guitar in question is a Gretsch Roundup. It's from the late 90's. It has Filtertrons, a volume control for each pickup, a master tone, and a master volume. I never use the master volume (it's always full up), and I've heard these can be kind of...
  11. TB72

Catalinbread Hyper Pak...which amp?

Hyper Pak users....What's your amp of choice for this little beast? I just dug mine out of my pedal drawer...It hadn't been on my board for awhile, and I had to remind myself why. Then I remembered that I fell out of favor with it when I changed my main gigging amp from an AC30 to DRRI. I ran...
  12. TB72

Mad Professor Forest Green Comp.

Anyone know if these are available yet? Has anyone been lucky enough to try one?