Search results

1. radcliff

Does this ‘86 Fender 57 reissue seem right to you?

Finally found one of these Corona 57 reissues - I was excited about the nitro paint but does this seem right? I don’t know if a refin situation is happening here or if it’s a completely wrong body - no date codes to be seen.
  2. radcliff

Sold ZVEX Mastotron Fuzz

Excellent shape and ready to ship. Just not using fuzz much lately. 100 shipped and paypal'd to CONUS. Thanks!
  3. radcliff

Is this a fuzz? How can I get this solo tone?

TGP won't let me link to 2:06. That's where it starts.
  4. radcliff

Little reverb problem with Fender PRRI

I turn on the Princeton - it's loud, dry, muddy, and the reverb isn't working. Reverb knob on 10 gives a low, faint buzz sound. I take out the tank, unplug and plug it back in, move some 12AX7 preamp tubes around. Turn the amp back on. Sometimes after this and some jostling, the reverb is back...
  5. radcliff

Nasty lead tone fuzz like M. Ward on the Monsters of Folk album...

Looking for that lead tone on "Say Please" My thoughts: - Trombetta Mini bone might get it, but I haven't tried one - Perhaps an Analogman BC-108? - Perhaps a Fuzz Factory at a more tame setting? - Maybe just a Rat pedal at the right setting could get there? I think the tone is a nasty...
  6. radcliff

Just got my custom MJM Fuzz!

I think I am really set now on fuzz pedals:) This thing sounds so fuzzy and big! It's perfect with my strat loaded with Suhrs. I think my Lovepedal Red Ezekial might be better with humbuckers, but both fuzzes are it for me. With these two fuzzes and my Fuzz Factory for the wacky stuff, the...
  7. radcliff

Was the musictoyz thread zapped?!?!

I was going to read that! oh well...
  8. radcliff

Pitch sounds while tapping... Eventide Timefactor vs. TC Nova Delay

When I'm using my presets and an external switch for tap tempo, whenever I tap in a new tempo, the delayed sound does this pitch shifting effect for a second or two as the delayed notes adjust to the new delay time.... Eventide responded with this: Question: Does the Nova delay do this same...
  9. radcliff

Verification: Turning on a head without a speaker connected...

I know this can blow your output transformer, but what if you turned the amp on, and then immediately off ...and then connected the correct speaker load, turned the amp back on, and proceeded to play for three hours... Would the amp be good? I'm just trying to figure out if anything might...
  10. radcliff

Analogman DD3 Delay Mods - Are they worth it?

I would like to mod my DD3 for a nice warm delay tone.....I've seen mods online that I could do myself, but should I just send the pedal in? Is what they do worth the dough? Is there someone else who's mod IS worth the dough? Looking for the best DD3 mods, in summary. Thank you
  11. radcliff

COT50 and why it is the end of rhythm ODs...

I've been through alot of ODs, trying to find the one that gives me a clean rhythm sound, the amp on the edge type of tone, because with a 30w amp, its rare you can crank it. I've been through: Fulldrive Timmy AC Booster Visual Sound stuff Tubescreamers The COT50 is it. I tried a long time...
  12. radcliff

Went to Wildwest guitars in Riverside....tried a bunch of pedals...

My friend and I got the chance to try a whole grip of pedals through a cranked up Badcat Classic Cat.....here's what some of our opinions were.... guitars were a Suhr strat and tele....unbelievable guitars Keeley Fuzzhead - not much of a difference between the two settings and I've heard...
  13. radcliff

Boss DD20....does anyone else use it for a Leslie tone?

I think I could fool you into thinking this thing is an actual Leslie type Chorus pedal:):) Mod Setting Tone at Noon Level at 3oclock Feedback off Time at 5ms Rate at 90 Depth at 100 :AOK
  14. radcliff

Fulltone '69 Fuzz Users - A Question...

Where do you have the internal trimmer set? Thank you
  15. radcliff

MJM Fuzz Pedal clips...

OK the playing on these clips is a little too good. Do the pedals actually sound like this? http://www.mjmguitarfx.com/mjm_soundsamples.html
  16. radcliff

Fuzz Decision: KARL, '69 or KR Gypsy Fuzz?

I have been doing a ton of reading, and I'm on the brink of just buying all three and doing my own shootout. Which would you pick? I had an NKT Sunface and sold it, it was too woofy for me, not tweakable enough, I could tell it was very authentic, but to me, I'm more interested in a good...
  17. radcliff

Using two pedal powers...

I'm going to use two pedal powers to power 11 pedals. I think it's a better solution than using the DC y-cables. I want to use an AC extension y-cable with the two female ends leading to the PPs, do you think I would be facing any hum problems? I'm thinking no. I think if the splitting of...
  18. radcliff

MOSFET Overdrive Tone...& how it relates to the Zendrive, the Fulldrive, and Dumble

OK: Is the Zendrive based off a Mosfet design, as the Mosferatu is? The Zen claims to have a very Dumble type overdrive. The Fulltone MOSFET Fulldrive Anniv. also claims to have a Dumble type tone when the Mosfet part of the pedal is engaged. Is the sound of a Mosfet a characteristic part...
  19. radcliff

I don't think my ears can hear the difference...

Fulldrive 2 came in today... I can find settings on it that sound better than my Timmy, and real real close to the Zendrive. I got an Echotap, but prefer my DL4. I had a Keeley TR2 and sold it for a Voodoo Lab Tremolo. Had an Analogman Sunface and sold it because it sounded woofy...
  20. radcliff

Zendrives up to 3 bills on eBay

Demand (and the Robben factor) is pushing these things up past Timmys Your thoughts?
  21. radcliff

Name this pedal...

Looking for a pedal that can go well with a Zendrive, and be the lighter OD, the booster, but remain clear, and without the huge midrange hump. Any ideas? I was thinkin AC booster