Search results

1. kmanick

Which are your guitar manufacturers in your collection? List them here.

Jackson USA Charvel MIJ GMW Ibanez Gibson
  2. kmanick

Van Halen's tone. Do you love it, or hate it?

same here , when I dial up a marshall type of amp, that is what I try to dial up, hell my Jvm is dialed up like that basically all the time LOL! although I must say this tone doesn't exactly "suck" either :)
  3. kmanick

EVH's influence on superstrats and other modifications

Same here I have one Les Paul, and that's the only non floyded guitar I own, every other guitar I own is either a jackson/ Charvel or an Ibanez RG
  4. kmanick

Yngwie Malmsteen: Your Thoughts

Love Yngwie but can only listen to so much of him, too repetitive. but when my chops are "off" his stuff is what I jam to to get going again. Playing his style really makes you focus on being as technically proficient as possible, or you'll never be able to play him convincingly . Musically I...
  5. kmanick

Are any other guitarists as significant as Jimi and EVH?

I was just coming in to say this exact same thing. Love him or hate him, after Eddie (at least in the rock world) I'd have so say Yngwie was the next guy up to make us go "what was that?" but without Eddie do we ever hear Vitto Bratta? Greg Howe? TJ Helmerich? Jennifer Batten? maybe but...
  6. kmanick

Post Your Favorite Van Halen Tunes, Shows, Clips or....

I remember hearing this back in 1978 when it first came out and thinking WTF am I hearing? Still my favorite VH song, the way he rips into the 2nd solo was something I 'd never heard anyone do before. (none of us had) it changed everything for me
  7. kmanick

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

this is a tough one. He changed everything
  8. kmanick

Do you wear ear protection in rehearsal/performing?

Always I have tinnitus in my right ear. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, ....................truly sucks
  9. kmanick

Bands you're "supposed" to like but don't.

Metallica GnR Who a lot of Rush (some I love a lot is unlistenable to me) I just can't listen to Kirk Hammet , he's god awful, and I saw Gnr open for Aerosmith and they were the worst drunk garage band i' had ever seen. completely turned me off to them.
  10. kmanick

What cab pairs best with a mess/boogie mark III?

^ Mesa recto cabs 2X12 or 4x12 their V30's are voiced differently from the standard celestion V30 and work really well with the Mark amps I used to have a Mark III red stripe and it just killed through my 2X12 mesa cab.
  11. kmanick

Mesa Mark V question

can the full size Mark V on one of the crunch modes sound Marshally at all? or is it mark tone all the way through? I've owned several of the earlier Marks (iii and Iv's) and they could not get there.........really not even close.
  12. kmanick

Friedman Runt, JJ Jr, and WW20 Owners Club

the clean channel is not much of an issue for me, I run an FX8 in 4CM and can add in an 10 band EQ to switch on when I co clean, I live on the lead channel. I tried the Bogner 3534...didn't have the "bark" that I like, the Landry Ls30....same thing no 2204 bark, I have not tried the runt in...
  13. kmanick

Friedman Runt, JJ Jr, and WW20 Owners Club

a Question for the Runt 50 owners I currently run a modded Jvm210H that love , but I'm sick of lugging around (weighs 50 pounds) so I'm looking for something smaller and a bit lighter to gig with. My band plays all 70's 80'90 classic rock, I'd say 90% of the tunes we do are marshall based. I...
  14. kmanick

"Blackface" and "Plexi" in one amp head?

One of the mods I did to my Marshall JVM 210H was to have a Negative Feedback Pot installed. at 8:00 it's the stock level, turn it up to 2:00 it's Jcm800, turn it to 4:00 it completely removes it. that with the gain reduction mod and mid shift cost me all of $80.. and 1 1/2 hours for my tech to...
  15. kmanick

Your favorite hard rock album of all time

I lost my virginity with "The thrill of it all" playing in the background LOL! My girl friends brother had just got the Album that day and she said" let's check this out" :) Obviously this album has a special place in my heart . Van Halen I. that album changed everything for me as as guitarist...
  16. kmanick

Soldano SLO30 vs Bogner 3534

I've played all 3 (the Suhr , the Bogner and the Slo) I currently use a JVM210H that works really well for my needs (classic rock band all 70's ,80', some 90's) so it's for the most part all Marshall based tones I need. I want to go to something with a smaller foot print and lower wattage so...
  17. kmanick

What guitar is haunting you?

I owned it and sold it to fund a BRJ 7 that was pretty special in it's own right , but this one had something else going on with it. Incredibly easy to play. Early J-custom 8527 -BLK
  18. kmanick

Marshall JVM205H: MIDI - What does it do?

^ this ...........so if you have say a Fractal FX8 in 4CM mode you can set it up to turn effects on and off as you channel switch.
  19. kmanick

Greenbacks in 4x12 or 2x12?

I just got a Mojotone diagonal British 2X12 that I loaded with Greenbacks. I have a JCM800 2X12 with a Creamback M65 and a V30 in it and a recto 2X12 with the Mesa V30's in it. at home volumes the 2 GB's don't sound as full as the other combinations I have and a little boxy. I know they need to...
  20. kmanick

JCM2000 DSL vs JVM210H as mod platform

I have a modded JVM 210H , I've been running it for 6 years now. Negative Feedback mod Gain Reduction mod Mid shift mod explanations if not familiar #1.Negative Feedback pot added to back of amp. ALlows me to reduce the negative feedback and allow for much earlier power amp saturation. this mod...
  21. kmanick

Bogner Ecstasy 3534

I demo'd a 3534 at Matts music a while ago and actually brought my Mxr 10 band with me to throw in the loop and see what we could get out of it. We had the store to ourselves so we had the opportunity to crank it with the loop master up high and down low reversing the levels from the back and...
  22. kmanick

wow what a deal anyone in Houston Looking for a mark III Green stripe?

or in Spokane looking for a mark IV B? damn I wish these were local to me https://spokane.craigslist.org/msg/d/spokane-mesa-boogie-mark-ivb/7196487114.html
  23. kmanick

wow what a deal anyone in Houston Looking for a mark III Green stripe?

if this was in Boston it would already be mine https://houston.craigslist.org/msg/d/houston-mesa-boogie-mark-iii-half-stack/7196666672.html
  24. kmanick

Is anyone here still listening to the 80s Shrapnel releases?

yes all the time , Greg Howe is probably my all time favorite as well, love Vinnie Moore, Jason Becker, MacAlpine, and Kotzens stuff as well. Great stuff to jam too to get the chops back up to speed. Howe's "Parallax" CD is probably in my all time top 10 cd's period. His playing on that CD is...