Search results

1. theHoss

Worst album cover?

"What's wrong with being sexy?"
  2. theHoss

John Mayer on Conan: LOVE

Great point. Tough to do both, but to do both the way he does....
  3. theHoss

John Mayer on Conan: LOVE

It has been a while since I have posted in a JM thread. The performance caught me totally off guard. As a fan and a player who enjoys his music I can safely say that I am more excited now than I was yesterday about his new work. That opening swirly riff caught my attention immediately and...
  4. theHoss

Stories about Jerry Garcia

Very cool. Thanks for the dive stories. As a diver and guitar enthusiast it is nice to know that someone you respected musically also shared similar passions. Thanks!
  5. theHoss

Colorado Greetings

Greetings. The last get together was a winner. I keep a list of all CO TGPers and notify them of event. Drop me a PM and I will put you on the list. Great to have you!
  6. theHoss

GAS antidote: amp building

I had a similar experience. I wanted to learn more about amps and their inner workings. I was lucky enough to have a builder here on TGP take me under his wing. I purchased a Mojo Tweed Deluxe and built it while hanging out with him. He gave me a quick soldering lesson and the rest was up to...
  7. theHoss

2009 50th Anniversary Gibson R9...

Nice. She is a bute!
  8. theHoss

Stories about Jerry Garcia

Dave, was that at Jack's? I got certified out there in the early 90s, I guess that was when Jerry started to get into diving. Those folks had nothing but nice things to say about him. Jerry diving seemed both complimentary and strange. I always dreamed of running into him on a dive trip. I...
  9. theHoss

Incredible Black Crowes News!!

I really hope this isn't an April fools joke on us TGPers because it sounds like a dream come true for you. Looking forward to the updates. Great job and good luck!
  10. theHoss

Is a 25 watt amp loud enough for gigging?

Are you micing it? If so, I would say heck yeah. I recently started rehearsing with my vibrochamp, and am completely satisfied with it. I can't wait to gig with it. If you aren't micing it, then as noted above you are at the mercy of your bandmates. They type of guitar will have an impact on...
  11. theHoss

Who Are the CO Members?

Not sure if you got the 2009 CO Tonefest invite? If not, here you go. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/530013 PM me and I can get you the details.
  12. theHoss

Who Are the CO Members?

PMed you with 2009 CO Tonefest info.
  13. theHoss

Who Are the CO Members?

yeah, let's just keep it simple. No beers at the fest, beers at the pub. I will pick up some soda's and such for the fest so we something to drink.
  14. theHoss

Who Are the CO Members?

The odd thing about the facility is if we want beers, we will have to get a permit and it costs an additional $70. So, if we want beers, we will need to pony up the cash for it.
  15. theHoss

Who Are the CO Members?

I wish. If we have extra money we could get some beers!
  16. theHoss

Who Are the CO Members?

Nerve, here is a link to the map. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=Lakewood+CO+heritage+center&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,17744551368915468414&ei=_pfRSd3wKJ_0tAOR6qDCAw&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A
  17. theHoss

Who Are the CO Members?

Cool, if you are interested just send payment for the facility rental via paypal. PM me or Nerve and we can send you the information.
  18. theHoss

Hello, I'm New!!

Howdy. Great to have you. I would love to hear some 7 min songs. Keep me posted when you are done.
  19. theHoss

Hi, I'm new

Welcome, great to have you!
  20. theHoss

Deadheads, What song first grabbed you and which ones now?

That happened to be one of the last songs I heard. I was at the last show in Soldier Field and Jerry seemed to sing it with foresight. It was an amazing SMRs.
  21. theHoss

That was the first song I heard live. I was in Phoenix AZ and it was my birthday. I will always remember that night!
  22. theHoss

Yeah, the JGB ballads are something special.
  23. theHoss

Althea, and it is still my favorite song.
  24. theHoss

Is 'guitar driven music' disappearing from Austin's SXSW event?

Didn't Metallica show up this year?
  25. theHoss

Santana.com Selling V-Picks!!!

Right on Vin! I remember the conversation we had at the TGP Breakfast. I am glad it is all working out for you. Did the man himself make it over to check out your dogs? I would love to see a photo of them man. If you ever need any product photography work done drop me a line. Keep up...