Search results

1. 7thString

Reactive Load IR unit preferences-Suhr or others?

yes I normally keep the hardware buffer down to either 64 or 32 samples in a 48kHz session if I'm tracking guitar, my system handles it pretty well.
  2. 7thString

Reactive Load IR unit preferences-Suhr or others?

Great post. Haven't tried the OX but seems like a great option for simplicity and sounds nice in videos I have seen. Agree about the kinda crappy Celestion IRs. You'd think a speaker company could be making some of the best... I have had the Suhr RL in the past and now have the Captor. Not much...
  3. 7thString

Marshall DSL40CR - speaker alternative

+1 on V-type > greenback in the DSL40CR. I have tried both and the v type is a better match, as much as I like greenbacks.
  4. 7thString

Why would Vox wah pedals not have true bypass?

https://stinkfoot.se/archives/557
  5. 7thString

Current State of the Pedal Demo World

Doesn't youtube enforce this now anyway? I notice the little 'includes paid promotion' thing on some videos. I don't think this is a real danger. If a pedal / product is an objectively good / useful / innovative product, it's unlikely that it will be run into the ground just because of one...
  6. 7thString

Which pedals? Definitely silly to not demo a stereo pedal in stereo!
  7. 7thString

Yours are great indeed! Massive back-catalogue too
  8. 7thString

Does the old Boss CS-2 stack up?

I think I prefer the CP-1x. Little bit more output & headroom, and a bit flatter.
  9. 7thString

Part of the problem is the difficulty in finding the channels who really are just doing it for fun (such as myself). The algorithm buries my videos pretty deep since my channel (like many others) isn't large enough to monetise. Perhaps people could post their favourite 'honest demoer' channels...
  10. 7thString

BOSS CE-20 & RT-20, wow!

Yeh they could easily put the RT-20 in a standard size using concentric knobs (like the metal zone et al), ditch the digital overdrive function and it would work in the standard 4-knob format; Mode, rise time, slow speed / fast speed concentric, effect / direct mix & balance concentric, external...
  11. 7thString

Anyone else think they are done selling pedals on Reverb?

Sent wrong pedal to a buyer (TU-2, was meant to be a TS-808, I mixed up two shipping labels). Sent the TS-808 before receiving the TU-2 back (my first mistake, was just trying to speed things along and assumed he was going to be reasonable). Buyer then claimed the TS-808 was defective (dim LED...
  12. 7thString

how come ebay over / before reverb?
  13. 7thString

I'm done with eBay after getting badly burnt after many good years. Still fine with reverb's service so far
  14. 7thString

Marshall dsl20cr green channel overdrive for crunch

DSL100H user here, agree on the BD-2 suggestions
  15. 7thString

Digital Synth Recommendations

microKorg is oldish but excellent for your needs, or take a look at the reface DX / CX for something even simpler.
  16. 7thString

Major studio heist - watch for stolen gear

well they took the Klark Teknik EQs!!!
  17. 7thString

Did Fender prices go up today?

money printer go brrrrrrrrr
  18. 7thString

Boss PS-6 Harmonist: How to Be Advanced

Are you using some sort of Echorec delay at 4:50? Great video, thanks
  19. 7thString

Best attenuator to use with a Marshall SV20H to get cranked Plexi tones

Haven't tried the ironman but have only heard good things. I have an SV20h and a Captor and it gets a decent low volume tone on 5w mode with -20dB from the Captor, but the -20dB definitely kills the high end transients in an unpleasing way. tbh if I want 'plexi tone' at low volume; I just play...
  20. 7thString

Marshall DSL100HR into a 4x12, 'bedroom volume'

I actually find this setup extremely useful for low volume tones, due to the amount of bass and resonance available on the DSL.
  21. 7thString

Seymour Duncan hot rails strat input???

you can hear it compared to a vintage output single coil here. If you have a bright amp the hot rails can be pretty versatile imo
  22. 7thString

Seymour Duncan hot rails strat input???

not a strat but a decent example of 'bluesy' playing with a hot rails, split and in series