Search results

1. L

Fractal Audio's New FM3

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/announcing-the-fm3-amp-modeler-fx-processor.149900/#post-1779185 Surprised no one has posted this yet... Looks pretty cool for $999, and so much for the resale value on the AX8....
  2. L

Has Buffalo Fx gone a bit out of favor?

I’ve always enjoyed Steve’s pedals, and being a big Gilmour fan, he really hits it out of the park with regards to the Power Booster, muffs, Tube Driver replacement the TD-X etc. Nothing wrong with the quality or tone at all, great as it’s ever been. What I’ve found though is that it’s tough to...
  3. L

Now Prymaxe is pulling the "store credit" BS on canceled non pre-orders

I ordered a EHX Triangle Big Muff and Op-Amp Big Muff last monday, both items were listed as being in stock. In other words, they weren't listed as "pre-order" because I think we all know how that pre-order route goes.... Well after a week of not shipping, I said "forget this", just going to...
  4. L

Sold Fractal Axe-Fx III $2250 Local Florida pickup

Due to my wife getting into nursing school and use going down to a one income household I'm selling some gear, including my Axe-Fx III. Its in mint condition, home use only (If I actually played out these days might be more inclined to keep it but as it, its just a really pricey luxury) and...
  5. L

Will an ABY work before germanium fuzz?

ive got a few germanium fuzzes, and as we all know you get the best tone and clean up with no buffers, wireless units etc in front of them. I’d like to be able to run dual amps however and I don’t want the same pedals running into both amps, I’d like to have two signal paths. Aby box of...
  6. L

Can I pair a FTT Flight Time and DOD Rubberneck delay via a single ext tap tempo switch ??

On paper (or in my head as I never really write anything down) I think I've got a pretty stellar delay setup for my pedal board. The classic BBD analog flavor of the Rubberneck (amazing price with the 21% off a Prymaxe right now) with the digital clarity of the Flight Time. Two dedicated boxes...
  7. L

Axe-FX impressed in blind Brit Floyd listening test

I saw the fantastic Pink Floyd cover band, Brit Floyd perform last night, and I recalled reading that one of the guitarist had starting using an Axe-FX, Damian Darlington. Sure enough, saw that familiar green glow from the Axe-Fx sitting stage right. I had no clue which guitarist was which...
  8. L

Anyone else like EHX nano Hot Tubes more than Soul Food ?

Obviously the 100+ pages of combined post about the Soul Food and how they are back-ordered everyone attest to the popularity of the pedal, as does the mythical nature of the Klon. I naturally had to pick one up, along with ordered an East River and Hot Tubes. Well to my surprise after...
  9. L

Mojohand FX 1978 Op-Amp muff

Seen very little talk about this IC muff clone. Picked one up the other day and its pretty sweet. Cool casing shape and decent graphics. Gets a pretty good op-amp style grind as well, ala Smashing Pumpkins, which given how distinct the tone is, is basically all these style muffs cover. I've...
  10. L

For those who went 100% modeling unit, what hardware stomps have you rebought ?

When I went Axe-Fx II, I basically tried to see how closely I could match most of my favorite effects before selling them. When one buys a $2k modeling unit, be it an Axe, a Kemper etc, most of us probably try to sell off some other gear to offset the cost. However, sometimes no matter how...
  11. L

Now this is the type of stuff that really sets the Axe-Fx apart from everythign else

Using the on the fly parameter tweaks of the 8 scene controllers to change the pitch of the backing synth sounds while jamming over the top of it. With a foot controller you could play this like a Moog Tarus synth with the foot pedals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvL1P2tK5TY#t=69 Not to...
  12. L

Not really liking the KPA very much

Picked up a Kemper this week and while I've heard some great tones from it online, have to say, that I'm all and all a bit underwhelmed with it. I find the interface all and all very confusing as its just not intuitive, at least to me, how to select different effects and edit parameters other...
  13. L

Which EXP pedals should I get with my MFC ?

Lucked out and was able to buy an excellent condition MFC mkII on Ebay for less than the price of a new one (with shipping) so that sure beats waiting a few more months or paying those price gougers asking $1400 for one. That said, need to help with what EXP pedals I should order for it. I...
  14. L

Axe-FX II phaser sounds

Has anyone had any success is getting a nice deep phaser effect from the Axe-Fx II ? Something like the deep and resonant, kinda "hollow" sound of a MXR Phase 100, Maestro Phaser, Boss PH2 Super Phaser, even to a moderate degree a EHX Small Stone ? Usually these are OTA phasers Think sort a...
  15. L

Why is the Roland FC300 not a more popular controller ?

I've got a Roland FC300 and I think its one of the best controllers I've used, and quite affordable (you can get them $300 or less used) Its built like a tank, has 2 very nice built in EXP pedals in addition to the ability to hook up 3 more, and has full control over sending midi CC's, program...
  16. L

Tips for getting an Echorec style delay in the Axe-Fx II ?

Been very pleased with the Axe-Fx II effects and just how many pedals it can replace with some tweaking. Amazing for example how I was able to dial in the differences between my civil war and rams head muffs using the different diodes, eq etc. A/B'ing between different pedals its just unreal...
  17. L

Are we all on the same page when we say "FRFR" ?

I'm curious if we all have the same definition of FRFR because in reading threads, I think different people use it in some slightly different ways. One way, and perhaps the most classical in pertains to this forum, is referring to a self powered PA type speaker system such as the QSC K series...
  18. L

Axe-Fx II users, why still use the guitar cab ?

I've noticed that a lot of Axe-Fx II users seem to run their units through a guitar cabinet still, often with the well reviewed Matrix amps. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sound of a good guitar cabinet and I'm holding onto my vintage largecheck gray grillcloth Marshall 4x12 loaded with...
  19. L

Order an Axe-FX sure is a great GAS cure

Boy I'll tell ya, since I ordered my Axe-FX II last week, I've not had any desire to look at the gear classified for pedals or amps since. Normally I'd be checking that thing at least a few times a day wanting to see what fuzz box or OD I've always wanted to try. Or maybe be the first to get a...
  20. L

Would you file a PP claim over a $40 pedal ?

What do you guys think about this.... I purchased a DeArmond volume pedal from a member here. He sent me some pics and its in fantastic condition for its age. I also asked if it works well and how it does for volume swells with the audio taper pots they use. All was good and we came to an...
  21. L

Axe-Fx users, which hardware pedals (if any) do you still use ?

With my new Axe-FX II coming, I'm going to have to sell some pedals, both to help cover the rather high cost, and also because I imagine some may be a bit redundant. Curious what stuff you guys have ended up keeping on your boards because you just can't duplicate the sound with the Axe-Fx Here...
  22. L

Finally pulled the trigger on the Axe-FX II

Well after lord knows how many post asking general questions, finally broke down and placed an order for the Axe-FX II. Tyler's excellent clips really were a bit of a factor in pushing me over the edge. Probably put a couple of Strymon pedals etc up for sale to help pay for it. Surprising...
  23. L

Whats the deal with "soft touch" switches ? I don't like them

Whats the big deal with the so called "soft touch" switches and people making a big issue about getting pedal with them ? They make sense for something like a tap tempo of course, but I've got them on my Strymon Flint, along with the old normal style "click" switches on my Strymon El Capistan...
  24. L

Badcat Unleash always providing maximum attenuation ?

Does the BadCat Unleash always provide full attenuation and then just send the line level signal to its SS power amp ? I'd really like to get one on account of being able to have an effects loop for my Bassman, however, based upon previous attenuators I've owned, such as the Weber and Aracom...
  25. L

Fender Vibratone combo amp Ohm help please

I've got a Fender Vibratone which has a 4 ohm speaker in it. It is the later model with the crossover as well. I was thinking of getting a cheap Princeton 65 amp to power to it as those have a power amp input and a 12" speaker (which I may need to swap) Since the Vibratone has the crossover...