Search results

1. Rocktrans formed

Pedalboard Building Guides?

Hi dudes, I'm preparing to build myself a high-quality pedalboard and find myself pretty discouraged by how few comprehensive guides there are toward putting together a high-quality flat pedalboard, in terms of how to prepare, set up, measure stuff, organize power/patch cables, etc. By...
  2. Rocktrans formed

No sound from my AC15CC2.

Hey guys, I have an AC15 Custom Classic that I bought new last year, recently it doesn't seem to be working right, and I'm trying to figure out if it just needs new tubes or is something more serious. When I flip the Standby switch, no sound comes out of the amp. At first, it did this on the...
  3. Rocktrans formed

Martin 000-MMV vs. Larrivee OM-40R

I've been thinking about buying a new acoustic guitar and really fell in love with the Guitar Center-exclusive 000-MMV model, which has a 000-sized body, 25.4" scale length, ebony fretboard and bridge. It sounds great, it's very versatile, and plays amazingly well. Sells for $1599. But the...
  4. Rocktrans formed

Right-Hand Technique: Finger Wiggle?

Hey guys, I've played guitar for over ten years now and my skill hasn't improve for at least half of that. I want to do something about it. My biggest problem is my right hand. (I'm a lefty playing right-handed.) I've noticed that all of the good players, who can pick with any degree of...
  5. Rocktrans formed

Tokai Questions

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a nice Tokai guitar this fall and I'm torn between several different models: LS 160 (looks very similar to an R8) LC 195S (Les Paul Custom style) ES 162 (ES 335 block style) Even though I live in Japan there are no Tokai retailers within reasonable distance...
  6. Rocktrans formed

Most Underrated Rush Songs

Okay guys. I know a lot of us love Rush, but much of the discussion seems to revolve around fairly popular stuff. What are some of your favorites of Rush's deeper cuts? I really love Between the Wheels, especially from the R30 DVD. This song is just terrific, and it might have my favorite...
  7. Rocktrans formed

My First Japanese Concert

I am an exchange student in Osaka, Japan. I love lots of Japanese music but I am a lazy concertgoer. However, I decided to go to at least one concert before returning to the US (for a little while!) on December 20th. I chose a concert called "No Girl, No Bass," which featured three bands, two...
  8. Rocktrans formed

Do you own one of THE BIG FOUR??

Alright everyone, I think it's quite obvious that there is a BIG FOUR of guitar effects pedals. This isn't my opinion, it's fact: based on history, players, and prestige. Without further ado! - Ibanez Tube Screamer - Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi - Vox V846 Wah - Arbiter Fuzz Face These are...
  9. Rocktrans formed

Guitar And Hearing Loss Question

Alright guys, here's a question for ya. I play guitar at my home at about the same volume all the time. I don't play loud enough to cause ringing in my ears after I'm finished. Other members of my family think it's too loud and will hurt my hearing, but I've been playing at about the same...
  10. Rocktrans formed

Right hand technique: How on earth do you do this?

Alright, I have a problem. I want to be able to do the smooth, fast strum thingy. I don't know what the name of this technique is, and I can't find any sort of tutorial on how to do it. It's kinda like what The Edge does sometimes, but the rhythm's different. Usually it's done with octaves...
  11. Rocktrans formed

What is wrong with my Classic 30?!

Since about October or so, my amp has been making hideous roaring noises when I turn it on, which go away after about ten or fifteen minutes. This happens when I have the amp and guitar volume turned all the way down, on the clean channel, so it's not like I'm failing to let my amp warm up or...
  12. Rocktrans formed

I want a fuzz pedal, what should I buy?

I've wanted a fuzz pedal for quite some time, but I don't know what would be my best choice. I prefer the thick, syrup-y style of fuzz ala Big Muff Pi more than the dry, scratch type of fuzz, but I don't have any particular preference in sound beyond that. I'm not interested in buying a...
  13. Rocktrans formed

Rythym Playing

One of my biggest weaknesses that needs work is my ability to play rythymically. I'm no good at all at muting chords and keeping a strum, and more complicated chords, funky sounding stuff, etc. I just can't figure out. My right hand always feels stiff and when I watch myself play, it's not...
  14. Rocktrans formed

What is wrong with me?

I've been playing guitar for almost two years now, and I feel like I've hit a dead end. I don't know what I should be doing. Almost all of my playing consists of playing random, made up leads along with CDs. I suck at learning new songs. The biggest problem is that I can't find new stuff to...
  15. Rocktrans formed

EJ Strat... Low, low price?

I've been trying, for a long time now, to figure out what I want for my next guitar. I've tryed tons of different stuff, thought that I wanted quite a few guitars, but the only ones I've played that have really struck a chord (haha) with me are the Eric Johnson Strats I've picked up. The one...