Search results

1. E

Jeff Tweedy- Love is King

Great track. Kind of a Being There vibe. I dig it.
  2. E

Name some obscure song you liked as a kid ....

I had Love a Rainey Night by Eddie Rabbit and the Theme song for The Greatest American Hero on 45. My 45 player was a Welcome Back Carter player. Styling at 6.
  3. E

Trey Anastasio’s Beacon Jams, anyone else enjoying these ?

Loved the just guitar and piano Divided Sky. Might be one of my favorite versions ever.
  4. E

Sturgill Simpson Cuttin Grass

I saw them for their opening date of the Metamodern tour in a small club here in Phoenix. They killed it. They were still hungry back them and played their asses off. Laurs was playing through a fender champ and some cheap pedals. The man is a magician. The albums with Laurs will always be my...
  5. E

I wish Laurs was still around. Such a badass.
  6. E

I was with him all the way until that one lol. Different strokes I guess.
  7. E

I hope not. I was about to give up on him at that point. Did not care for that one one bit. Glad he came around.
  8. E

Long Plates in v1 + v2

Depends on the tube. I have long plate Mullards is both v1 of my Vox amps. One Mc1 and A F92. Some long plates tend to be microphonic which can be an issue in some amps.
  9. E

Killer new Bluegrass album. A must for any Sturgill or Bluegrass fan. Old tunes but re-recorded. Still sounds great. "Sturgill Simpson Raids His Own Catalog For Surprise Bluegrass Album : NPR" https://www.npr.org/2020/10/16/924343633/sturgill-simpson-new-surprise-bluegrass-album
  10. E

Fret Repair Phoenix Area

Billy at B&D guitar repair is one of the best in town. The Guitar Gallery is good as well.
  11. E

What guitar will you let your teenage son use - get him his own or one of yours?

I still have my 30 year old Fender Squire strat. Both my sons play drums but if they want to play its always around. Hoping my daughter will pick up guitar. She is 4 and has great taste in music already.
  12. E

Ahh nothing like a fresh set of strings on a tele. Also, flatwounds SUCK!

I just figured out Stringjoy Broadways are not for me. While I love how they feel and how well they stay in tune, the tone of the wound strings are too muted for my setup. Bummer because I love everything else about them. Just ordered some Throback round core pure nickels 9.5-44. Hoping these...
  13. E

Duellist vs Soloist

For those who own or have tried both, what do you feel the differences are? Trying to decide which one to grab. I know the TS differences are minimal but still curious now that both have been out for a while. Thanks!
  14. E

Vox AC30C2X Top Boost Issues

Define radio sounds?
  15. E

I dare you - What's the best-sounding amp you've ever played?

An old bandmates 64 AC30. Love the ghosting. Addictive to play. That amp is why I now own a JMJ30 and Magic Crossroads. They don't quite hit the same magic but they are phenomenal amps in their own right.
  16. E

NEIL Fn YOUNG ,,,,,

The man!
  17. E

What is your main overdrive pedal? (2020 Edition)

Analogman Silver ts9 Nordland ODR-C
  18. E

Got my Telecaster shimmed, not happy with the result.

Something still looks weird. If you look at the pic with the saddles, the low E saddle is cranked back so far it looks to be resting on the bridge plate screw. I have three telecasters, one with the same saddles as you and none are cranked back that far. The farther you crank back those saddles...
  19. E

Who here has mixed pickup brands with great results?

Ron Ellis Broadcaster bridge pair with a Lollar Vintage neck. 4th position sounds great. Very balanced.
  20. E

Last thing I notice is that bridge pickup looks to be set super high. Looks to me like everything is set up to low.
  21. E

I get it now. What is the measurement from the nut to the center of the Low E saddle? Those saddles seem cranked back really far. Distance should be 25.5 inches or really close to it. Where the saddles on this tele always set back that far? You could just buy shorter intonation screws or cut off...
  22. E

This. If it just the screw heads that bother you no reason to shim. Increase of break angle will add more tension to the strings. Some like it, some don't. My number 1 has a shim but it still sets up low and slinky.
  23. E

Strings ..... Woes

After using SJ Broadways for a bit i have mixed reactions. Love them on a HH telecaster but don't care for them with single coils. The feel great and stay in tune better than any other brand but the tone seems muted on one guitar. Not sure why because I never had this issue when using Manguns.
  24. E

Ross reissues! Ross Audibles

I have owned a few compressors and never jived with them until picking up a used Black Ross. It has some color to it. I love it for Trey tones. I dont know how it compares to the grey but it gets me there and was only 140$.