Search results

1. B

12-string question..am I crazy/stupid?

hey guys and gals, I just picked up a cheap old Yamaha 12-string to experiment with for recordings. so far, I'm liking it a lot, and think the voicing is complementing the flatwound semi-hollow/hollow electrics, bass, and percussion I'm using for these recordings. here's the thing, though. I...
  2. B

anyone else clip volume/tone pots out...or am I weird?

I have found that on humbucker guitars, since I have never played around with volume and tone pots while playing, that I always end up clipping them out of the circuit. On the only guitar I have that has both a single and a bucker, sure enough the bucker goes straight from p/u to output (well...
  3. B

incoming!! (Heritage content)

Well, I'm the proud new owner of a Heritage 535 Classic! :) Sorry, but no piccies as my daughter has kidnapped my camera for her trip to Canada. It's what I guess you'd call a honeyburst finish, with silver hardware, gold control knobs, and cream pup rings. Man, am I thrilled with this...
  4. B

favorite amp....BURIED ALIVE!!!!

Went to jam with some old bandmates last night. It was a blast, and I'm going to play a show with them soon...first time I'll be onstage since way back. Good stuff! Unfortunately, I was hoping my Deluxe would cut it, since I'm only sitting in on rhythm. Um...no. If I were the only guitarist, it...
  5. B

SOLID STATE goodness...yeah, you heard me!

I have an old Yamaha solid state amp that just won't die. Despite being gigged for years, playing at seedy bars and being thrown into cabs/vans, and being ridden atop a skateboard to shows (no, I'm not joking), my trusty Yamaha G100-115 shows no sign of giving up the ghost. I eventually...
  6. B

generic 1/4" adapters for speaker cable use?

I really want to get a couple of single 1/4" male-to-dual 1/4" female adapters to use for running two cables from a single output, but no one seems to have "speaker-quality" adapters...or anything listed as such. I emailed the guy from Bayou Cables, and asked for a quote for a custom adapter...
  7. B

who knows the Weber Thames? (ceramic)

Ok, I have my Carvin X100b sounding so damn good through my Emi Wizards that am now ready to play around again with the Classic 30. It's doing it's thing, and is extremely versatile, freeing up the the little beastie for a more specific sound. I am 93.761293% sure I want a Weber ceramic Blue...
  8. B

hum in replacement reverb tank ...

hi folks. i bought a three-spring Accutronics reverb tank to replace the stock two-spring one on my Classic 30. i think it sounds quite a bit better, but there is a persistent hum, not present in the original tank, which increases as i turn the reverb up. at first i wondered whether the...