Search results

1. enharmonic

Advice needed on TV Jones set

I’m a TV Jones fanboy, but the Supertron is probably my least favorite of his pickups. It’s a nice sounding pickup, but I prefer his other options. His TV-Trons are fantastic, and a Classic/Classic+ set is about as automatic as it gets
  2. enharmonic

Telecaster Fest~

I have a few T-style partscasters. This one is particularly sweet. And here’s one in the process of becoming a whole lotta fun.
  3. enharmonic

Sold 2017 Gibson Limited Edition Custom Shop 58 Standard - Oxford Gray

Here are some additional shots of case candy, warranty card, original tuners, COA, close-ups of the fretboard, and the only 2 imperfections that I found in the finish while going over it closely this AM. Both imperfections are about the size of a sharpened #2 pencil tip and do not appear to be...
  4. enharmonic

Sold 2017 Gibson Limited Edition Custom Shop 58 Standard - Oxford Gray

GAS...it never ends. This is a limited run (100 in this color if memory serves). It features Historic specs and True Historic plastics, but it's not an Historic. I suspect that these were built when Henry temporarily ended the Historic line, and sent out in a series of limited colors...
  5. enharmonic

Les Paul Lemon burst -why so expensive?

Are you saying that you’ve...soured...on lemon-burst prices? :p
  6. enharmonic

Because no one has posted about it in nearly ten years.

It’s cool that this exists. I dig it.
  7. enharmonic

Guitar you first really wanted when growing up

One of those Vernon Reid telecasters.
  8. enharmonic

Sold MotorAve Belaire

If I didn’t have a blue one coming in December :bow
  9. enharmonic

Banker Korina Explorer - WOAH!

One of the nicest Explorers I’ve ever seen. :dude
  10. enharmonic

So I’m Ordering a DGT...

I’m a sucker for a goldtop, and PRS does ‘em right.
  11. enharmonic

WTB Tom Holmes or Wizz Humbuckers

I have a set of Holmes. H450/455 set, 2 conductor wiring. Never installed (was stashing them for a rainy day). I'd let them go for $800 shipped / Paypal'd.
  12. enharmonic

Probett Guitars

One of the few guitars that I’d consider parting with my Les Paul’s for. :bow
  13. enharmonic

Sold Corsa LCPG Les Paul 113

Sexy!!!
  14. enharmonic

Is the Gibson custom shop worth it over a standard?

There’s only one way to find out. I love my Historics. I have a buddy who can play me out of the room on his LP studio. Is his guitar “better” than my R7 or R8? Doubtful. Is he a better player than me? By a country mile.
  15. enharmonic

Are the small boutique builders worth it?

It comes down to whether or not you’re willing to wait for a specific instrument, amp, or effect. Good enough is the enemy of better for most people, and the market bears that out. I have off the rack guitars, partscasters, and the “hand-made by one guy” guitars. All of them are worth it to me...
  16. enharmonic

Guitar Unpopular Opinions Megathread

Clapton’s Strat tone is his best tone. :hide
  17. enharmonic

Never owned a Les Paul

I gravitate more toward the Tele / Gretsch end of things, but I love a good Les Paul. I have two. One is configured for those fatter / thicker LP tones, and the other is configured for the “Tele on steroids” thing. Hard to get both out of one guitar. Possible, but you’ll play dozens to find one...
  18. enharmonic

Your favorite hard rock album of all time

Yep. That’s pretty much it for me, too. When I start thinking about getting back into writing / recording, I ask myself one question: “Do I have a Superunknown in me?” The answer is always no, so I don’t bother.
  19. enharmonic

Sold 2018 Murphy Painted Gibson Les Paul 1959 Reissue

Tom Murphy is the finish GOAT! :bow
  20. enharmonic

Favorite 335 alternatives?

I haven’t seen anyone mention Josh Williams, so I will :D http://joshwilliamsguitars.com/semi-hollow