• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. P

Electrical Question - Using Power Stage 170 with Fender combo speaker?

That's an interesting idea! But I don't think I'll be keeping the CDR for long in any case so the external power amp makes this more flexible for me to jump to another combo. Next one I get I'll make sure has an FX loop if possible to try that approach too.
  2. P

FM3 waitlist

Now see if somebody was willing to buy 2 and ship me one, I’d be willing to of course pay full price plus shipping plus a little sweetener :)
  3. P

It was more about connecting the Kemper through the OX speaker emulations. Thanks! That's what I meant to say - speaker's input cable into the PS170 and leave the Fender amp off. Sounds like it should work, so seems like a good solution to have both the Kemper and still have a tube amp if I...
  4. P

Hi all, I have a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb and I enjoy having the "amp in the room" sound when I'm practicing. I also recently just got a Kemper Stage, which at the moment is hooked up directly into my audio interface. I've noticed I don't always enjoy playing through it vs. the amp and I...
  5. P

FM3 waitlist

If they allow two per person, it’d be nice if people that came up on the list offered the second slot to another person here maybe? Not sure if Fractal allows shipping to two different addresses.
  6. P

Kemper or Helix

How is it bogus? I can’t get a sound out of Helix that I like, even with third-party presets. I’ve tweaked, tried IRs, etc. - even very well-regarded presets don’t sound as good as good profiles on the Kemper or my real amp recorded. Helix sounds harsh in the top end, doesn’t have the depth in...
  7. P

Kemper or Helix

Kemper - sounds better to me with much less effort - almost zero effort when you have the right profiles. I love Tone Junkie’s. I have both too.
  8. P

FM3 waitlist

So I'm guessing if I just join the waitlist now...I'll get this in 2021?
  9. P

New Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 1x10 Combo

Can the Mark V get pretty close to the Filmore cleans using the EQ? Thanks for the tip on the JHS Little Back Box! Didn't know it existed - opens up way more options for me.
  10. P

New Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 1x10 Combo

How do you find the V25 combo on the 10w setting for home playing? How are the cleans there compared to say the Fillmore? Thanks!
  11. P

Kemper Kabinet and Kones available in US Store

Question I have now is should I wait for an active Kabinet or should I buy a clean power amp and the passive Kabinet for my Kemper Stage?
  12. P

Replacement for '68 CDR - Mark V:25 or Imperial?

Interesting - thanks! I guess I would still want an attenuator in this case (maybe swap the OX for the Ironman II or Boss TAE).
  13. P

Interesting - never heard of this one before. Thanks! Though I feel getting a digital modeling amp seems pretty similar to my Kemper (I might as well just get a clean power amp and Kemper Kabinet then). Same feelings for a Katana I suppose.
  14. P

Hi all, I currently have a '68 custom deluxe reverb, which is nice, but past 3 on either channel, it has very audible noise / hum - not to mention when I turn on the reverb. I don't want to mess around with the innards of the amp in terms of swapping tubes or anything. I only use this as a...
  15. P

Anyone else buying gear because of COVID?

I think saving money is prudent right now but the economy also only functions if people are buying. Also, given that I am working from home for the foreseeable future, this is a good opportunity to do some self-improvement. Bought myself a Music Man Valentine BFR, a Kemper Stage, and an annual...
  16. P

How to remove the Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb "Hiss"?

My 68 CDR is starting to annoy me due to the noise. I get it even with the volume know pretty low. I don't play live or with other people - strictly in the studio for recording. Need something much cleaner from a noise perspective - any suggestions for good alternatives?
  17. P

how is everyone liking their Kemper Stage?

Self-quarantine is bad for my wallet - just bought one. Hoping no issues that have been mentioned here (I would only use in my home studio, no gigging anyway). Been trying to use Helix Native again and compared to my real Deluxe Reverb (even with the OX box), it sounds absolutely horrible /...
  18. P

DOD Rubberneck OR SA Nemesis

You can also tweak the filters and EQ for Nemesis so can shape the analog delay a bit. I would recommend getting the Nemesis for many of your delay needs and then a cheap analog pedal if you really want a real one with a specific tone. DOD is expensive for the space it fills in the palette IMO.
  19. P

DOD was pretty dark and the tone knob never made them clear enough for my taste. Plus, I wanted one delay pedal and preferred something with more versatility.
  20. P

Source Audio Everything - I am a fan

Anybody have a U2 / Where the Streets preset for Nemesis? I was trying to make my own and failing miserably. Would like to see how somebody would set it up to help me learn more about Neuro. Cheers!
  21. P

Returned the DOD, got the Nemesis. So far, much happier. Didn’t like the DOD’s sound personally.
  22. P

For Nemesis owners, how do I get the second delay / tap 2 to play? For example, I select digital delay, tap my tempo, have it set to quarter notes. Then I hold the control button in the back and turn the time knob all the way to the left. I expect to hear eight note delay, but I don’t hear any...
  23. P

DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay

Had one for a few days, liked it but was too dark / round for me. Got an EHX Canyon - liked the sound more and the variety. Got a Nemesis today - excited to switch to that.
  24. P

Just got a Nemesis today! Excited to dive into it.