• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. vr6pilot

Value of Crate Blue Voodoo 120w half stack

They used Celestion G12S-50s for a while but may have switched to their own Crate branded speakers. I'd try some smoother drivers before giving up if it was me. Q: humbuckers or singles?
  2. vr6pilot

And what speakers? Unknown? Have you hooked it up to a diff cab just for shizzies?
  3. vr6pilot

Favorite finger picked song to play?

The intro to Sailing Ships - Whitesnake.
  4. vr6pilot

you near Albuquerque by any chance? I always wanted to play through one to see if the negative hype was deserved.
  5. vr6pilot

Yeah, not well loved, not well reviewed. May do better splitting them up. As for the cab having Vint 30s in it....nah, don't think so. Not stock, anyway. Usually they have Celestion's bulk sales drivers in them.
  6. vr6pilot

List your gigging amps over the years

The only time I ever played out I did it with a Crate Stealth. And he saw that it was good.
  7. vr6pilot

Cover Song Suggestions

Bitchin' Camaro.
  8. vr6pilot

Nazareth ?

Hells yeah! The Naz was an early influence of mine. I recently started working on a cover of Razamanaz...kind of a tribute to my uncle who really helped me get into playing way back. Maybe I'll finish it someday.
  9. vr6pilot

Ok, admit it - have you played a lick over and over and over to elicit aud. cheers?

Tried to, once. But the band decided to kick in. Sonic veto.
  10. vr6pilot

What gear would you like to try (other then guitar)

Washboard. Er, um...titanium washboard.
  11. vr6pilot

Your favorite Death Metal guitarists?

Amy Winehouse
  12. vr6pilot

Best full concert on Youtube

Anything Richard Benson
  13. vr6pilot

Best "____ Says" Song

Frankie...?
  14. vr6pilot

Train re-records Zep II

Very.
  15. vr6pilot

PIX of your #1 finest piece of vinyl disk

Well Bob, you called me right out, didn't ya? Well played, sir. Well played indeed.
  16. vr6pilot

Train re-records Zep II

Typo alert
  17. vr6pilot

Train re-records Zep II

40 plus years advancement in recording and production, curiosity, you're a Train and Led Zeppelin fan...there's reasons.
  18. vr6pilot

do you have a dedicated stereo room ?

My "room" is a music room. Its my jam room and has all the amps, guitars, and those silly colored boxes that make you sound weird. But there is also my big stereo. So...does count or counts not?
  19. vr6pilot

Train re-records Zep II

Still digging it. Musically on point though the vocals are about 80%. I know, old thread but how many people know about this?
  20. vr6pilot

Which Zakk Wylde tone to you like the best?

Ouch. Referring to the Santiago bootleg?
  21. vr6pilot

At first, I was like, "blasphemy" but then I was like....ahhh, I see what you did there.
  22. vr6pilot

See what you did? Now I have to go spin it. (do the kids still say this?)
  23. vr6pilot

Just Say Ozzy....haha. Busting out the obscure already on just the 4th post. But, now, isn't that all live material?
  24. vr6pilot

I like Tears the best. Maybe for it's being too slick. I appreciate good production. Followed very closely by Ozzmosis. I dig the playing on No Rest but hated the production from day one.