• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. BPlexico

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I actually found this tidbit from Neural quite amusing, I suspect most folks will never know. You can see it in the pictures on the Sweetwater site. "Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair! Nothing beside remains." - Percy Shelley
  2. BPlexico

Control Surface for Logic Pro

Thanks @bforest4
  3. BPlexico

Are you using these with Logic Pro X? Seems like a very interesting solution. Any issues with using plug ins? I used to have the original versions made by Euphonix before they were acquired by Avid, and those while concept great, had some issues, with mine ultimately dying a painful death...
  4. BPlexico

I forgot about that feature, I used to have a foot-switch for punch in/out when I was using tape gear.
  5. BPlexico

@gassyndrome Thanks for sharing that video. Decided to first try out the free option at my fingertips, so to speak and have it up and running, it actually is pretty cool. Going to use it for a week while I refine my needs and determine if there are gaps.
  6. BPlexico

Audio interface buying advice

Yes, you can make those selections in Zoom Preferences.
  7. BPlexico

Thanks, two recommendations for the iPad application so I will try that tomorrow. That one is a no cost evaluation.
  8. BPlexico

Thank you everyone who has offered suggestions & recommendations, you have given me a great starting point. The Icon QCon Pro G2 Control Surface also caught my eye (form factor) after looking at the other two items, however I don't seem to see any positive reviews of it, unlike the other options...
  9. BPlexico

Hello. Mac user running Logic Pro X. It's been while since I have used this on a daily basis, but starting up once again. Using the keyboard and mouse will not scale up for me. Last time I went down this path I had a Euphonix MC Control, and Euphonix Mix, I remember keeping one, and returning...
  10. BPlexico

Failing footswitches on Helix LT

You might also try Line 6 support, from what I hear they are very responsive. Apologies if you have already tried that avenue.
  11. BPlexico

What is the best online source for vinyl LPs?

well darn. I misread your message as specific to used vinyl specifically. The other recommendations are spot on, Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct and Amazon. You can also checkout Amoeba.
  12. BPlexico

Post Your Home Stereo Rig Here

VPI Avenger, great turntable with a dual pivot, and the Eagle speed control! Plus some cool accessories that I cannot identify as sadly I am a little out of touch. I would wager you must have a nice record cleaning machine as well.
  13. BPlexico

What is the best online source for vinyl LPs?

Discogs for one, many positive experiences purchasing on that site.
  14. BPlexico

Roon seems cool

I used to run Roon Core on a NAS, and then a Mac Mini. Several years ago I purchased an Intel NUC, and loaded Roon ROCK on the NUC. The Intel NUC is in essence the server, and is essentially maintenance free (other than making backups). It was pretty straightforward to install and setup the...
  15. BPlexico

Kemper Profiler...what am I about to get myself into?

I agree, no need to tweak, select the right profile(s), add effects if required or if not already there, and away you go! The Kemper videos are a good representation of what you can expect.
  16. BPlexico

In fact, you can download a 15 day free trial of Helix Native, which should give you a good sense of the capabilities of the Helix. https://line6.com/helix/helixnative.html
  17. BPlexico

Maybe you can find a store nearby and try out the Helix. FWIW I don't think anyone stated that the Kemper sounds sterile. Regardless, you will never really know until you try one or the other, or both. Many stores have a very generous return policy so the investment cost is not significant.
  18. BPlexico

I guess the other question is how much do you have budgeted for this, as that might impact your options.
  19. BPlexico

You could purchase the Stage or an unpowered Profiler, and if you were using a Kemper Kabinet you would need to purchase an external amp for it. Lots of options there, for my Profiler, I purchased a Camplifier from Ritter Amplication, they have several options available, mono and stereo. Others...
  20. BPlexico

https://www.kemper-amps.com/profiler/overview
  21. BPlexico

FWIW, I just recently received a Kemper Kabinet to use with my Kemper Profiler, and it sounds great. Obviously I am using it at home given the current times we are living through. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it, realizing everyone's goals and budget might be different. Depending on where...
  22. BPlexico

NBD: Strandberg Prog 4

I had a Parker Fly Deluxe once upon a time. There were quite a few things I really liked about it, save for the upper horn jabbing me in the chest (which isn't an issue with their bass). I don't even recall why I sold it other than was going through a guitar flavor of the month phase back then...
  23. BPlexico

NBD: Strandberg Prog 4

That is very very nice, if I did not already have 3 Parker Fly Basses I would be in the market for one of those.
  24. BPlexico

Sold Fractal Audio AXE-FX III

Sold. Thank you.