• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. twangbanger

29 free Kemper rigs for your quarantine enjoyment

Thanks, I'll let you know what I think.
  2. twangbanger

Do you think the repair shop forgot to check my Marshall's tube bias?

Yeah, after 3 years it's a little late in the game to be complaining. A lot can change from then till now. Tubes go bad.
  3. twangbanger

Kemper Profiler Stage or Headrush?

Our keyboard player/ backup guitar player was using a Headrush for his guitar live, but got a stage and really likes it. He said it was no contest for him. Probably would have got the Kemper rack a while ago but because it was 2 pieces w remote and he already has got a lot to deal with. Now he’s...
  4. twangbanger

Sold Kemper Remote $425

Would you take $375? Shipped and Paypal? Thanks, Rob B.
  5. twangbanger

Fishman Gristle - Tone pups

So I'm looking at getting a set of these and was wondering if you took the leap and put them in your guitar? If so, what do you think of them?
  6. twangbanger

Silverface Princeton Reverb Transformer Hum

I've had two failures of those C&E cap cans. One right away and one after about a year of use. Both were on the preamp nodes and had similar symptoms. Glad you got it sorted out.
  7. twangbanger

Made some profiles. They probably suck but I dig them :)

I'll check them out. Thanks for sharing!
  8. twangbanger

Blocking Distortion SF Bassman 50 Problem Solved

Sorry about your issues. When mine would go into freak out mode the volume would actually decrease and the power tubes would start drawing a large increase in ma's. So I'm thinking you have a different problem possibly. I first pulled out the tubes and check resistance on the primary windings. I...
  9. twangbanger

OT # 022871 It was running a pair of EL34’s for a lot of years. Probably into a Marshall 4x12 cab @16 ohms.
  10. twangbanger

So after reinstalling all the caps across the preamp plates I took off and adding the suppressor caps on the grids of the power tubes. ( those were never there when I got the amp, but there was signs of them existing at one time) The problem was still there. Checked and wrote down the voltages...
  11. twangbanger

I have opened up the feedback loop and the problem got slightly worse. I’m a bit of a novice at using a scope but will give your suggestions a try, I’ll need to purchase another probe to use 2 channels. I did remove the caps in parallel with the plate resistors in the first stage of the preamp...
  12. twangbanger

From research on the inner webs. The amp sounds fine then when you turn it up and hit some chords it distorts horribly like a fuzz face cranked all the way up. The actual volume doesn’t appear to be any louder just distorted til it almost cuts out. The power tubes draw quite a bit more power. It...
  13. twangbanger

I've got a bassman that was got for cheap in non working order. It was modded for EL34's and looked like it had flame out at the farthest power tube socket. That turned out to be the death cap that had exploded at some time so I just cleaned up the carbon with contact cleaner. I changed the PI...
  14. twangbanger

Silverface Bassman 50 mod ideas

Thanks for the ideas. I will research them.
  15. twangbanger

He’s giving me a lot of latitude. A clean channel and a medium gain Marshall channel is what I think I’m going for.
  16. twangbanger

So my brother in law just picked up an old SF Bassman that had been modded for EL34's and a PPIVMV that was done in the early '90s. He got it for $100 because it had issues. I've already changed out the power cord and replaced a power tube socket that had cracked and looks like it had been...
  17. twangbanger

Who's playing a Celestion speaker in their Deluxe Reverb?

I've run a few different varieties of Celestions through mine and am sticking with the Gold. Chimey, sweet and has a tighter low end than the Blue. I'm sold on the Gold.
  18. twangbanger

Advice and Resources For New Build

I would second any of the Allen Kits. There are some that give step by step instructions. If there's a problem Dave is as helpful as anyone I've ever encountered. Strongly recommended.
  19. twangbanger

What's the 'Definitive' Fender Tweed amp?

First for me would be the 5G9 Tremolux, then the Pro, followed by the Bassman. The smaller ones don't have the headroom I like.
  20. twangbanger

Princeton Reverb |Bad brand new CE Manufacturing CAP CAN

Glad you got it sorted out. I have put in about 5 of those cap cans in Princeton Reverbs and did have one go bad on the pre amp node after about 1 year. I bought it at Antique Electronics Supply. They did honor their warranty and sent out a new one.
  21. twangbanger

Want to build a small step down voltage reducer for my amp.

Thanks everyone! Bucking transformer would have been the correct term.