• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. therhodeo

steel string supreme - a thread (Re: new statements from Mason/vertex)

For the record in nearly every vertex thread someone pops up and says they don't know the history and now they know not to buy from him. That's one more person not buying a joke of a product from that guy and that's enough for me.
  2. therhodeo

His reputation with whom exactly? Other con artists?
  3. therhodeo

Just a reminder that Sweetwater still shills his wares and defends him when questioned.
  4. therhodeo

(LP RI content): Does grain pattern have any bearing on resonance, sustain, and sound quality?

Just hope the OP doesn't get flamed for this thread.
  5. therhodeo

(LP RI content): Does grain pattern have any bearing on resonance, sustain, and sound quality?

I was going to go against the grain and post something sarcastic but I'll refrain from being a knothead for now.
  6. therhodeo

Vertex Ultraphonix Review

I probably feel more strongly about retailers who carry vertex than individuals. As if I needed more reasons to dislike sweetwater.
  7. therhodeo

Sweetwater wasted no time... EVH content.

Seems completely in character for them. Still carrying vertex aren't they?
  8. therhodeo

What pickup position did SRV play most?

His favorite was whatever one fit what he was playing at that moment. It's like asking which club is Mickelson's favorite. He's not winning the masters with just a putter.
  9. therhodeo

Let's consider Clint Strong (Merle Haggard guy)

He was on one of Merle's live in Austin recordings but Nichols was there too and Strong was buried in the mix.
  10. therhodeo

Let's consider Clint Strong (Merle Haggard guy)

This is him along with a red hot Tom Morrell.
  11. therhodeo

Your Favorite Neo Speaker?

Anyone tried a Eminence Wheelhouse?
  12. therhodeo

Does anybody market him/themselves half as hard as Joe Bonamassa?

He has his own bobblehead doll though...
  13. therhodeo

Does anybody market him/themselves half as hard as Joe Bonamassa?

I mean he's free to do what he feels is best for his business and I'm free to roll my eyes and have a laugh when I see him posing over area rugs monogrammed with his signature in gold.
  14. therhodeo

Venue: "Please re-book... with a different drummer."

Sanctioned...flying colors... we're talking about adults right?
  15. therhodeo

The Great Myths....

I stand by my statement. "Ugh don't get me started on old people" -my 79 year old mom
  16. therhodeo

Is my amp okay upside down?

Have you checked the case for electron leaks?
  17. therhodeo

Optimum cabinet size for a 12 inch speaker?

I know everyone has different needs but what is the best vehicle with 4 wheels to drive?
  18. therhodeo

Getting chemical stinks out of amp (damn you Glade/Febreze people, stop it!!) - NAD foiled

Some of us end up with hives over grandma's floral scents.
  19. therhodeo

Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives

Even more mind-blowing is that Stinson has way more credits on hit albums than the rest...as a vocalist.
  20. therhodeo

When did Boss buffers become decent?

All of them at different times had almost exclusively boss boards and sounded stupidly good. Better than most ever will no matter what gear they spend their money on.
  21. therhodeo

When did Boss buffers become decent?

What do Joe Walsh, Vince Gill, and Prince have in common? They all spent years sounding better than 99.5% of the hacks out there all while using boards full of Boss pedals.
  22. therhodeo

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 vs. 35

I use an EVM loaded cab and typically use channel 2 with my PAF style pickup loaded LP and channel 1 with a dual hum tele with a 36th Anni paf bridge and Bluesbucker neck both with coil splits.
  23. therhodeo

Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 vs. 35

I much prefer the Xtreme channel to the crunch.