• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. 2HBStrat

Would there be an audible difference if I put my guitar tone-control into a pedal?

I want one...I don't know what it is but I want it!
  2. 2HBStrat

I Want to Build a Partscaster. Tell Me Your Story.

Good to know for when I look for my next Stradivari... I'm skeptical, and that sounds like an opinion rather than facts...:bonk
  3. 2HBStrat

Bass Player issues

Is there a large contingent of those folks over there? Do they have their own separate section?:D Is there a large contingency of those folks over there? Do they have their own separate section? Maybe away from the "real" bass Players?:D A "tasteful bass fill"...isn't that like a unicorn...
  4. 2HBStrat

“Hard to Handle:The Life and Death of the Black Crowes” by Steve Gorman

I like bios, and especially rock bios, but I still haven't read Bill Wyman's or Phil Lesh's...
  5. 2HBStrat

Are we just listening to drive pedals amplified?

Never heard of it, but I do use a Crunchbox...heck of a pedal...
  6. 2HBStrat

I don't know that ANY builder still uses "centuries-old building methods." I would bet that most builders are using CNC machines and any other technique they can use to speed up the building process. And they are NOT matching woods to get particular sounds. It's nice to be idealist and live in...
  7. 2HBStrat

Another last night gig thread

Why does the bass player stand sideways?
  8. 2HBStrat

That all sounds good, and makes sense, but isn't really any proof that builders actually do match woods...
  9. 2HBStrat

Writing Ego Boost

Cool! :aok
  10. 2HBStrat

“Hard to Handle:The Life and Death of the Black Crowes” by Steve Gorman

Steve Gorman is a sports talk show host now...in fact that where I first heard his name. I had heard The Black Crows but I never knew who the drummer was.
  11. 2HBStrat

The World's Greatest Fretboard Conditioner!

Hyperbole will get you nowhere, sir...
  12. 2HBStrat

Sound Check Songs...

The guys in the Top 40 band want to sound check, when we get to actually do a sound check, with an actual song from our set list. They, especially our singer, are totally not into jamming for a soundcheck...
  13. 2HBStrat

Maybe they "can" do that, but do any of them actually do it? Do ANY guitar builders, from the biggest to the smallest to the boutiqueist, actually spend the time to try to match pieces of wood, or necks and bodies together, and/or other parts, to produce a particular sound? If so, what is the...
  14. 2HBStrat

I like to start with a neck or a body that I like and then mix and match parts as necessary to get the best sounding guitar. I nearly always start with Fender parts...I've never started with parts company necks, though. I did buy a body from a famous guitar parts company and didn't like it at...
  15. 2HBStrat

Saving a Suhr DA pickup from bored-out threads

Gotcha! Well, if this helps my theory is that positivity is its own reward...and is good for your health, too, so...Stay Positive!
  16. 2HBStrat

Saving a Suhr DA pickup from bored-out threads

Wanna talk about it?
  17. 2HBStrat

Why Are Strats So Polarizing?

Many Strat models have a tone control on the bridge pickup... Well, that's a totally differently subject, and has nothing to do with Strats, or Strat players, being average...
  18. 2HBStrat

which female vocalists do you like?

Ronnie Spector Mary Wells Darlene Love Martha Reeves Michelle Branch
  19. 2HBStrat

which female vocalists do you like?

Demi Lovato Ariana Grande Brittany Howard Sia Eva Cassidy
  20. 2HBStrat

Help me decide...50th Birthday Guitar Purchase....

Get the 2019 60th anniversary '59 Les Paul...the 60th for your 50th...get it?
  21. 2HBStrat

Do you really want to call Clapton, Beck, Hendrix and Gilmour "average?"
  22. 2HBStrat

Bass Player issues

They consider themselves lead bassists as a positive attribute?
  23. 2HBStrat

Could it be that you just haven't found the right Strat or PRS for you?