• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. John Hurtt

Richie sambora stratocaster Mk1 quality?

It's basically just a strat with a Floyd, humbucker in the bridge and Star Inlays. Quality is the same as the Claptons and Becks of the day.
  2. John Hurtt

High quality version of Live Without A Net for those of you inclined

Not that complicated, actually. People forget that Van Halen didn't audition Sammy for the band....they needed him and Ed had to convince him to join the band. Hagar going to VH was more important to Ed, Al and Mike than to Sammy. Hagar was just coming into his own as a solo artist, and he...
  3. John Hurtt

High quality version of Live Without A Net for those of you inclined

He mentions in his book that when Eddie approached him about joining VanHalen he had just finished his latest solo tour and cut all his hair off. Al said he looked like a mushroom.
  4. John Hurtt

Your #1

My Thorn R/S....one piece ash body, flamed maple neck, Brazilian fretboard....and Ron's killer neck joint. Been my #1 since the moment I first played it about 11 years ago. Never even needed a truss rod tweak over the years.
  5. John Hurtt

Never realized Def Leppard was in the Guinness Book of Records.

:eek::eek:Sailed at least ten feet over...my bad. Just checked it out. @GibsonGeek Sorry 'mang, my bad. Wait, does this make me a...."snowflake"?
  6. John Hurtt

Against the rules to slag artists...I believe its rule #2...
  7. John Hurtt

Ah...another "let's slag a band I don't like" comment....not only against the TPG rules, but pretty lame.
  8. John Hurtt

Nashville Strat wiring with a twist

I like this setup, but a reminder if it isn't clear the "blender pot" is a specially modified pot.
  9. John Hurtt

What happened with Elvis, did he sell out?

Only on TGP would a legend like Elvis be called a "sellout"..... :facepalm
  10. John Hurtt

New tuners, string change, and string action?!?

Unless you were doing strange things winding the old strings...what you are experiencing is satisfaction of upgrading your guitar.
  11. John Hurtt

Any fans of the band Europe?

TGP has a set of rules in place...follow them, and this will remain a fun place. Slagging other musicians is really poor form. You've been here more than five minutes, this shouldn't be a shock to you. If you believe I am in error, take another look at the rules or contact your friendly...
  12. John Hurtt

Any fans of the band Europe?

:facepalm Slamming other musicians....didn't take long in this thread...does no one read the rules when they sign up here?
  13. John Hurtt

Revisiting Van Halen

I'll just leave this here...and ask the OP to go back and bone up on German history.
  14. John Hurtt

FS Fender Custom Shop '69 loaded pickguard

Looks like a CRL 5-way switch, best on the market.
  15. John Hurtt

Appears COVID has killed my band

I got that from this in your post: lack of business for the guitar player The rest of your post talks about a couple members moving away, which happened to lots of bands pre-Covid. Regardless, sorry that your band is breaking up and hope that things work out.
  16. John Hurtt

Is “Miracles” by Jefferson Starship the weirdest arrangement in pop music?

Too bad they didn't listen to you...maybe the song would've sold a few copies....
  17. John Hurtt

The band members were being supported financially by the income of the band?
  18. John Hurtt

I don't see anywhere in your post where Covid played any part of this.
  19. John Hurtt

another U2 reish

I don't mean to sound combative...but the actual description of a Vox amp is: Vox Amps. Vox generally sit on the subtler side, as their amps are regarded more for their clean tones. Known for sounding “chimey”, Vox amps tend to produce an almost bell-like presence for a sweet and articulate quality
  20. John Hurtt

another U2 reish

I must not be understanding....Vox amps are renowned for being "chimey".
  21. John Hurtt

Goodbye boring old studio

I've seen a couple guys do this, and it looks fantastic! Nice job!
  22. John Hurtt

Revisiting Van Halen

No reason for you to take it personally. There are multiple threads on VH now, your thread would fit nicely and keep the conversation flowing on those. :dunno
  23. John Hurtt

Revisiting Van Halen

There are myriad threads on VH right now...this would fit right in on several of them.
  24. John Hurtt

When Did Van Halen "jump the shark" or start repeating themselves?

Fun fact...the four VH albums Sammy was on had "Love" in the song titles five times. The first four albums with DLR,....five times....Don't you hate it when reality smacks you clean in the face? :dunno