• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. C

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

what is the box with the sliders :cool:
  2. C

I'll admit it, I'm a Bose fan.

Sincere question: for someone that has only had access to systems like bose/sonos, and doesn't have a high end audio component store nearby, how would you recommend they improve their listening experience? Within reason. Put another way, if someone has only tried mcdonalds for dining out, and...
  3. C

Thanks! I'm running through a tweed twin usually... the clean drive excels at giving me blackface tone from a tweed/british style amp, when I want that. It's not really an aiab though, I also can play the tone and volume knobs on the guitar and get a my-amp-but-more sound out of it. Great pedal.
  4. C

It does live up to expectations- since I didn't expect it to ~be~ a leslie but rather just wanted it to sound cool, it definitely does that. I liked some clips of both the Vent and the Lex but the controls/features of the Vent fit my needs better. Combined with a nice low-gain od and reverb...
  5. C

Been a while since I had a(portable) pedalboard. Went with modern up front, vintage in the back :cool: Just need to tie up the cables underneath and label the switcher. And then start swapping out pedals again o_O
  6. C

Thoughts on Keeley Dyno My Roto ?

Why does the pedal in the vid have a "blend" knob? The production models have a "level" knob. Personally I would prefer a blend and haven't purchased this pedal because the copy on the website describes it as a level control, NOT a blend control.
  7. C

KOTs selling within minutes of posting in Emporium, pretty simple recipe

Prince of tones are only on sale on Wednesdays?
  8. C

Is the Empress buffer a dual buffer?

I have one, currently its in two loops of a true bypass looper. When I switch in the in>send loop there's definitely buffering, but when I switch the return>out loop it sounds like there isn't- in fact it ~almost~ sounds like signal loss(if there's no buffer there perhaps its due to cabling?)...
  9. C

Would you phone the guy?

Anyone happen to have a circa 1991 Univibe clone for sale?
  10. C

T-Rex Replica

Gilmour used it for one section of one song on one tour. His primary delays on that tour were a Cornish TES and a MXR Delay System II. At that time I actually got the Replica thinking "well if Gilmour uses it...", and it certainly didn't sound bad, but in retrospect I've preferred basically...
  11. C

Eric Clap-Tone ! fuzz ?

He might not be running through the Fender at all in that clip, that might just be Marshall>leslie
  12. C

I played the PRS Mayer Sig amp today.

lol. Thanks for posting... Not that anyone cares... but even though I'm not a prs/jm fanboy I think the vitriol against prs/jm is ridiculous. I do think that at the price point of the Jmod you're facing diminishing returns, though perhaps not to the degree of an actual Dumble. Which might be...
  13. C

SRV's Austin City Limits Rig

Well like I said I'm only going from memory but I thought any glimpses of the board in acl were the wide, curved version seen a few posts up, not this tiny ill-fitted plywood with the tube screamer hanging off lol. Also it's a different signal order than srv usually preferred, and that doesn't...
  14. C

Can you point to the source of that pic? That doesn't look right to me...
  15. C

This is correct. The factory footswitch could bring the vibratone in and out of the signal path.
  16. C

Packing tape substitute for masking tape?

All painters tape is masking tape. But not all masking tape is painters tape.
  17. C

Forgive me for partly going on memory- the performance in question is currently unfindable on youtube and I no longer have a vcr to watch the old vhs lol. I know the ff is all over that performance- May I Have A Talk With You, Leave My Little Girl Alone, really most of the solos actually...
  18. C

Easier to make a Fender sound like a Marshall than vice versa?

How would you set a ge-7 to mimic a fender voice when playing through a marshall?
  19. C

The "Neatest" pedal board thread! Part 3

and the pedals are screwed to the bases?
  20. C

The "Neatest" pedal board thread! Part 3

Nice- can you explain the pedal bases? I think I see whats going on there but not sure...
  21. C

Chorus pedals: Retro-Sonic Chorus, Boss Waza Craft CE-2w, Providence Anadime or Analogman Bi-Chorus

Actually the ce-2 functions normally on a 9v daisy chain with other pedals, or with a 9v battery, it's only on an isolated power supply that it requires 12v(which it then internally drops to 9v...o_O)... weird but true.