• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. martins3325

Sold DeTemple Spirit 52 and Spirit 56

Man I love that strat...if interested in a Bludotone HPD let me know...otherwise GLWS ...great looking guitar!
  2. martins3325

Birdseye Maple - Yay or Nay?

There are kind of two different questions in play here because birdseye generally doesnt happen in just any maple ...it occurs almost exclusively in Rock Maple (aka Sugar or Hard Maple) ...which is much harder and most find brighter than other maples .... most of your dramatic Flame...occurs in...
  3. martins3325

High Priced Strat: Is this a joke?

Nope...no way... anyone can put any price on any guitar on reverb, but aint even going to get 1/4 of that price IMO ....at least not for another 30years If i had to guess, id guess maybe $3500 to $4k is what they would get if we up for auction. Asking price means nothing...ive seen people ask...
  4. martins3325

Sold 6v6 "experimental" Komet 60

Cool amp! Have tons of vintage and boutique amps but not the one you are looking for. GLWS
  5. martins3325

Sold Gibson Flying V 59 Reissue Mahogany Custom Shop

Great guitar! I have both the mahogany ‘59 V and ‘58 Explorer ....I prefer the V! ...but dont need two.
  6. martins3325

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

Thanks ..yeah that would be fun! ...sent you a PM
  7. martins3325

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

Thanks its a cool amp with a cool story i think....in 2012 —I think it was— TR made 10 of these amps based on the Type 3 ...for export to China to commemorate the Year of the Dragon. This was the Prototype for those 10 ... extra special because it was wired by Bill Krinard and using some NOS...
  8. martins3325

Cool ...thanks for the input! I have a pretty large stable of amps...have several of the older TR models .. Custom, Opal, Em Pro, TS1, Type 3, Dragon Prototype. Cant own em all but ....but really love the ones I have ...yours is the 1st clip showing real high gain on the BD ... sounded really...
  9. martins3325

Man do I love this tone...

Given he is using $400,000 worth of gear, i’d be alarmed if it didnt sound good! Lol
  10. martins3325

I didnt think the BD had that level of gain! Thats right up there with the Type 3 ...which I believe you used to own and enjoy.
  11. martins3325

Sold Gibson Custom Shop R8 1958 Les Paul Historic Reissue • Bourbon Burst • VOS • $2750 Shipped!

Nice looking R8! In this bizzaro world we now live in I think a nice Historic Plain Top is FAR more rare than Flame Top! GLWS
  12. martins3325

Jim Kelley Reverb - Often Overlooked Feature!

So i just re-acquired a Suhr “Kelley Single Channel Reverb” amp —already had a vintage FACS—. Because the amps never came with a footswitch, the footswitch boost jack on the back of the amp is a feature I think most people miss out on with these amps. —I did for quite some time— Many never try...
  13. martins3325

Will this make my amp sound better?

It may make it sound marginally better...but no cable will make a poor sounding amp sound good! Changing the actual speaker will have MUCH more impact on the tone than the speaker cable IMO. Best plan is to save your money and get a great amp!
  14. martins3325

What's the prettiest AC30?

Im a sucker for the Trapezoid / Trolley look!
  15. martins3325

Sold Two Rock Bloomfield Price Drop last call trading in tomorrow.

Great looking amp!! Way too many amps here otherwise id be interested!! GLWS!
  16. martins3325

Sold 2 Loaded Marshall 4x12 Cabinets by Peter Mather, Slant & Straight, Mint

If you ever get down to the DC area id take the bottom ...and maybe the top cab as well
  17. martins3325

Is This Pedal Still Available - D'Angelo Super Drive?

FYI ...its not a pedal ... the D’Angelo Super Drive is an amp ...it is a Dumble clone made by an amp builder in Italy... he may make pedals but this clip is his amp! ...you can see it sitting on the table with Vox grillcloth. —and it sounds killer—
  18. martins3325

Sold 2 Loaded Marshall 4x12 Cabinets by Peter Mather, Slant & Straight, Mint

Would love to have the straight cab, but dont think it would fit in my car! ☹️
  19. martins3325

Post your Les Paul 'Burst'

‘97 R8 (Yamano)
  20. martins3325

Played a Jim Kelley amp... holy s***

Everyone has their own opinion when it comes to gear and tones...its totally subjective ...that said, I kinda HATE when a two channel amp sounds like two completely different amps! I prefer both channels be voiced similarly. While I agree the clean channel can sound great with a gain boost...
  21. martins3325

Wow! Thats a cool idea! Different effects for clean vs gain channel! Must be VERY rare...seen a lot of pictures of FACS amps, but never saw one with that setup!
  22. martins3325

He is still building very limited quantities of a new Single Channel Line Amp ...by most accounts it is the best Kelley amp ever made...and also VERY expensive
  23. martins3325

I gotta pretty good deal on mine I guess...a fair amount less than most reissue singles ive seen for sale ... when you say “2 loop” do you mean a send and return? ...or like literally two seperate loops? ...mine has send & return..which is nice.
  24. martins3325

Ive had two different Suhr reissues, great amps and great build quality, and sold them because i have so many amps...and always figured they were easily replaced (before being discontinued) ...still my favorite amp for a Strat bar none ...and I have a LOT of amps.... but one thing perplexes me...
  25. martins3325

Anyone played a Two Rock Topaz?

Cool...i know its a pain, and a little intimidating, to pull the chassis and tweak trim pots inside an amp while on ...but just be careful and it will be well worth it...set all knobs on noon and then dial in a base tone you love, then you’ll leave room to add/subtract from that with the front...