• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. howdy-doo

Gibson neck profiles

Looking for a bit of advice to get some idea of neck profile of the 50s and 60s Les Paul Standards. Currently where I am has a fairly strict lockdown, so if that eases I'll see if I can try some out but it's looking unlikely for a little while. I normally like fairly chunky necks, with the Eric...
  2. howdy-doo

Current Gibson Quality Control

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to ask those that have recently bought (bought blind preferably) a new Gibson and if so what the quality control was like? I'll start by saying that I'm sure the issues of the past are overblown to what it would appear and I really don't want this to turn in to a...
  3. howdy-doo

Neck pickup intermittently not on in middle position

I've just recently changed swapped the pickups in my McCarty and took the opportunity to change out the rats nest of cabling in the cavity to be much neater since I wasn't using the coil tap. Anyway, everything seems to be working perfectly apart from in the middle position, which half the time...
  4. howdy-doo

Let's give some love to utility pedals

There's lots of threads on favourite delay/reverb/drive etc pedals but not many on utility ones. They seem too often go overlooked so what are some of your favourite utility style pedals? The weirder and more complex the better! My favourite is a pedal I made that has an always on buffer but...
  5. howdy-doo

Delays: Please help save me from option paralysis!

Sorry if this is a bit of a tedious post, I know they get posted fairly often but I'm really needing a bit of clarity. I'm currently looking for a delay pedal and honestly I feel like I've read that many threads on comparisons and heard that many demos that I'm stuck in the middle unsure of any...
  6. howdy-doo

Looking for bit of help on a pedal build issue

Hi, I’m looking for a bit of help. I’m currently building a KoT style pedal, and am running in to an issue. The pedal does not work when totally bypassed, the left side (when looking at the PCB as in the images) does not sound when turned on, however the right side does sound when turned on...
  7. howdy-doo

So this whole RWRP vs non-RWRP thing...

I've read a lot about this online since it seems to be a hot topic among strat players so I thought I'd try it out for myself. I had a full set of SSL-1s in my strat a while ago, but swapped out the bridge to an SSL-4. To my knowledge and from what I could find online all the SSL-1s are wound...
  8. howdy-doo

Thoughts on Partscaster Vs Modded Factory guitar?

I've always wanted to make a partscaster Tele and decided that 2019 is gonna be the year I finally get round to making one, but looking at the prices online I'm wondering whether buying everything separately way is the best option. I'm basically looking to build a blackguard, pretty traditional...
  9. howdy-doo

Articulate neck pickup for all mahogany guitar?

Just looking for some suggestions regarding a new neck pickup for my PRS McCarty. I've googled and googled and feel like I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the different choices, but if anyone has any experience I'd be keen to hear. I love my PRS but the neck pickup has a lot of bass, I've adjusted...
  10. howdy-doo

Weird interaction/issue with Line 6 HX effects and Kemper

Hi everyone, I've posted this in the Line 6/Kemper forums too but I think it might have more visibility here. I'm hoping someone can help, I'm having two problems (one might be how I have it set up admittedly); The first is that when I use the HX with the Kemper, the HX is providing extra...
  11. howdy-doo

Noise coming from the power supply itself, not through speaker?

I'm having a strange issue with my Onespot CS7. I've recently removed a fair few pedals and currently only have a dd-500 and wah pedal powered through it (noise was coming even with no pedals plugged in), but the power supply has started making a fairly high pitched noise, nothing terribly loud...
  12. howdy-doo

Line 6 HX users, thoughts on replacing current board with the HX?

This past year I've been moving more and more digital with my gear; I've replaced my amp with the bias head, looking to swap the cab to the L6 Powercab (thanks to everyone that's helped in my other post), and now the HX has caught my eye. I love my current board, it took my a very long time to...
  13. howdy-doo

Line 6 Powercab?

I'll start by saying I've read a few of the posts on here regarding this cab but I have a few extra questions if anyone would be able to help. My current situation is that I have the Bias head which I use through an Orange 2x12 with v30s in. I'm really happy with the sound I get at the moment...
  14. howdy-doo

1998 PRS McCarty information

Just wondering if anyone who's played one or who has anymore information can chime in. I've got the opportunity to buy one (I'm gonna play it first don't worry!), but I don't know know a whole lot about them. I'm looking at trading a 2009 Gibson Gary Moore BFG Les Paul towards it plus a bit of...
  15. howdy-doo

Any experts on 80's LC-60 Tokai's?

I'm looking for a bit of help just identifying a guitar I have found at my local guitar shop. It's being sold as a 1984 Tokai LC-60 (I have no reason to doubt this at the moment) but I just wanted to check a couple of points. Firstly I can't find much info on '84 LC-60s, it seems from what I...