• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. TheWayfarer84

Sold Two Rock Jet 35 Combo

Took in trade, but taking a break from the TR thing for now in lieu of more traditional Fender amps. No point in letting this sit around unused. Amp is in great condition. Your choice of either a Celestion Creamback G12M65 or Celestion G1265. $1600 shipped
  2. TheWayfarer84

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

I dug the one I had, but definitely wish it had a little more sparkle to the cleans. The lead tones though...unreal. The other small issue with the non-Sig is the short head cab. Puts the reverb tank a little close to the trannies and can introduce noise. That bothers some people.
  3. TheWayfarer84

FS Chubtone StratocasterPickups 2-Sets *Price Drop*

I can’t recall if I have 61s or 62s, but NOTHING had been able to unseat them. Last attempt is some Ron Ellis coming someday (?). But I have my doubts if even they can. GLWS
  4. TheWayfarer84

Your first Vox like amp. Which one of these?

Top Hat Club Royale
  5. TheWayfarer84

eBay scam?? Guitar sold way too cheap

If you get a package at all, it's going to be cardboard and rocks. Seller will claim delivered. Cases will proceed. In time you'll get refunded. Check the seller profile. Does he have any other sales? With any luck, he's pulled 30 more of these scams and ebay will flag it immediately and...
  6. TheWayfarer84

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

I wouldn’t say it’s PBG making them second class. I think it’s more that the newer amps are mostly evolutions of the older amps - but all still in the same vein - and the new shiny objects win. That old lineup is super confusing too. Easier to understand what you’re getting with the current...
  7. TheWayfarer84

Out of the club....and quickly back in. Jet 35 combo arrived this weekend. Just wanted to downsize, and wanted something with some drive. Loaded up a Gold for now, but will try a Creamback M too. Really impressed how big these "little" combos sound! Studio Sig is the end game, but need to...
  8. TheWayfarer84

Sold Rumpelstiltskin Black Rope Telecaster pickups

One of the best tele pickup sets ever wound. GLWS
  9. TheWayfarer84

Sold Suhr Bella Reverb (Mahogany)

Catch and release for me. Wonderful clean amp and pedal platform - just decided to stick with traditional Fender Blackface. Functions flawlessly. Celestion Creamback speaker. Some edge wear on the back corners. $1500 shipped. Open to trades for blackface inspired amps, vintage Silverface DR...
  10. TheWayfarer84

Dammit. It’s been like three weeks sans Mayer and I want back in now lol.
  11. TheWayfarer84

How’s the Studio Signature combo? Does the small cab sound boxy? I do wish they’d found a way to make it larger. It kind of looks like a toy :)
  12. TheWayfarer84

WTB Wanted: OX4 Low Wind

Looking for a set with nickel covers
  13. TheWayfarer84

Brownface Super vs Blackface Vibrolux Reverb? POLL

Yeah no experience with it outside of pedal format. Reverb is quintessential for more, so VR has the advantage. But...doesn’t mean I couldn’t change it up
  14. TheWayfarer84

Very hard to do in the current climate. Stuck with a try n buy - or worse - try both n flip scenario
  15. TheWayfarer84

Sold a grail amp and looking for a vintage piece to replace it. Really torn between these two. Harmonic Trem. Essential Reverb. I do think I hear a fuller sound from the brownface? Is that right? I play single coils 85 % of the time. So that does matter. Thoughts?
  16. TheWayfarer84

Post your gold colored guitars

1971 Les Paul Deluxe conversion. Currently loaded with Doyle's coils.
  17. TheWayfarer84

Help - Looking for amp advice for a gift for son

Recently had a Mesa Rectoverb 25. Would definitely recommend it for versatile, but also great sounding
  18. TheWayfarer84

FS Two Rock 2x12 Unloaded

Black tolex is in great shape. $525 shipped. $450 picked up in Raleigh NC.
  19. TheWayfarer84

WTB WTB: 3Leaf Proton V3

looking
  20. TheWayfarer84

Show me your MJT builds! (2019 and beyond!)

Aztec gold - or maybe "Aged Aztec". I believe this one was hit with some amber to tone down the "bullion" color of aztec. Firemist Gold is a less intense gold too.
  21. TheWayfarer84

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

It’s an overkill board, but it doesn’t travel much. It can pretty much cover anything from blues, to garage rock, to shoegaze, to ambient, rootsy Americana and then just get weird. The Ryra 808 faces off against a Bonsai next week. The EQD Spatial is good - but still considering swapping with...
  22. TheWayfarer84

NGD: Heavily Worn 1971 Les Paul Deluxe Goldtop

So I just realized the Doyle’s are double white under the covers. Hmmm...I think I’m leaving them off.
  23. TheWayfarer84

Fender Road Worn is coming back!

Wonder if the 70's Tele gets the new Wide Range humbuckers. That would be a no brainer. The 50's with U neck is probably on my list. Pau Ferro is still atrocious.