• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. C

HX Stomp vs Strymon Flint

Contemplating getting an HX Stomp and integrating it into my board, currently the space it would occupy is being used by a Strymon Flint for Reverb/Trem. For any users that may have used both in front of an amp, how does the verb/trem of the HX Stomp compare to that of a Flint? Would I be...
  2. C

James May The Reassembler - Electric Guitar

Came across this show today. Episode 1 was the assembly of a lawnmower, Episode 2 was an old phone, and Episode 3, this one, is the assembly of a Tokai Strat. The others may be more of an undertaking, but still entertaining to listen to James May ramble on about random facts... Points taken...
  3. C

A-C-D or similar progressions

We're working up the JJ Cale song "If You're Ever in Oklahoma" and looking for a song with a similar progression to morph into. I know there are tons of songs with the same type progression but for the life of me can't recall any of em other than After Midnight, which our drummer refuses to...
  4. C

Combo Amp + 4x12

Just entered into the world of cabinets by picking up a used Mesa Three Quarters 4x12. Wonder what y'alls experiences are with running a combo in conjunction to a 4x12. Is it worth while? Counter-productive? Silly? I'm running a Budda SD-18, which is a single 12 combo. The problem I'm...
  5. C

NCD - Mesa Three Quarters (3/4) 4x12 paired with a Budda

Got my first actual cabinet today. I've always played through combo amps, mostly just 1x12's and decided I'd see what I've been missing. We usually play in little smokey biker bars around town so I didn't want anything too big and I think this will work great. It's a Mesa Three Quarters 4x12...
  6. C

Budda SD18 - Volume Cut in Effects Loop

So I'm a Budda convert, went from a Peavey Delta Blues to a Budda SD18 and love the drive the Budda gives. Usually have the drive turned up to about 11 o'clock. The issue I'm having is pumping up the volume for a lead boost on the drive channel, I'm already fairly saturated and the boost that...
  7. C

Peavey Delta Blues - Blackberry Smoke

So I just traded my Delta Blues with some cash for a Budda SD18II and am loving the Budda's drive! There is much love around here for the Delta Blues as a great bang for the buck amp...but I haven't seen them played out much by any of the "touring" acts. Maybe I haven't been looking? or do...
  8. C

Unity - Where do you set the volume of your drive pedals

So I'm still fairly new the whole knob twiddling community and am wanting to get some opinions from those more familiar... I'm in a cover band playing classic rock/blues/modern country/and a few heavier rock songs. To cover these songs I figure I need 3 basic tones... Cleanish/Mid drive/Heavy...
  9. C

Hard Rock Tone

Need some help/advice... I'm in a cover band, mostly blues and classic rock but we're mixing in more modern country and wanting to do some harder rock songs. With my current rig I keep sounding "thin". The question is what to change first that will give me the most bang for the buck to...
  10. C

3 piece band advice needed...

I'm in a cover band where we play a mix of classic rock/blues/modern country. We had 2 guitars, drums, bass and a singer up until last week when our other guitarist decided family took precedence. We have 2 options, soldier on as a 3 piece band with vocalist or look at replacing him with...
  11. C

Fender Flame Elite (Master Series) What to do...

Back in '92, summer of my Jr year in high school, I bought my first official guitar. Went to a pawn shop with strats and tele's in my mind and ended up coming out with something I had never seen and have since only seen pictures of others... It's a Fender Flame Elite...
  12. C

Delta Blues 115 vs Laney VC30 112

Have the Delta Blues 115 and like it but have someone offering to trade me straight up with a Laney VC30 112. Both amps are in great shape, I've recently re-tubed the Delta Blues. I've heard him play the Laney and it sounds great, but I have a hard time separating out good tone from good...
  13. C

Big shout out to Lava Cables

Was in need of a short cable for my wireless G50, TA4f to 1/4, did some quick internet searching and found that Lava Cable makes some replacements so decided to check them out. While cruising their website I noticed they are located in the same town as I, so shot Mark an email to see if I could...
  14. C

Howdy from Tulsa

Hey all, I'm Craig and live just N of Tulsa. I've been lurking on here for quite awhile and figure it's time to introduce myself... My life story in under 5 min.... Grew up in SE Missouri, learned by playing with my dad, his hero was Chet Atkins so he played fingerstyle on a Gretsch Country...