• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. D

Emma PisdiYAUwot vs MXR Fullbore test drive

Quick review/comparison. Just got an Emma PisdiYAUwot; I have been lusting after one for quite a while but refuse to spend that much on a distortion pedal. I had bought an MXR Fullbore as way to stem my gas, but kept an eye out for the Emma, looking for someone here to flip one for a reasonable...
  2. D

Pedalboard Mixers?

Anyone use a small mixer as part of their pedal/effects rig? I'm not quite getting what I want with a regular linear effects chain and am considering setting up some parallel chains to either mix in or fade into/from... This obviously complicates things quite a bit, so I'm curious to hear what...
  3. D

Fading/Panning/Dissolving between two effects?

I'd like to be able to use a volume/expression pedal to cross-fade between two different loops: one crystal clean with a touch of chorus, and the other medium to high gain roar with maybe a tad of delay. I can *almost* do what I want with a Boss LS-2 Line Selector and a volume pedal and my...
  4. D

anything close to an emma pisdiyauwot...

that wont breat the bank? I just cant justify a $250 pedal, no matter how good that sounds. Something closer to the $150 mark, or a combination of two lesser expensive pedals? Thanks!
  5. D

loopers - signal chain question

OK, kinda new to looping, so here's where I'm at and where I'm headed and I could use some advice or insights about how to best accomplish some things... Apologize in advance for the novel length post that follows... Currently playing guitar in an instrumental trio; guitar, bass, drums. After...
  6. D

Tubes for a Music Man HD 130?

Whats the preferred tube for these beasts? I know they shipped with Sylvania or Phillips 6CA7's which could handle the high voltages (700+) these guys run on the high power setting... But real NOS 6CA7's are rare and expensive. Are there any current manufacture tubes that can handle the voltage...
  7. D

Load my 4x12

Want to solicit some opinions. I'm getting a new Marshall 4x12 cab and need to load it with some speakers. I have two new in the box Celestion G12H30 Anniversary speakers (16 ohm). I also have four EV SRO (ceramic) speakers, all eight ohm, currently in several cabs but they could be put in this...
  8. D

bass cab impedance question

So I'm putting together a bass rig for the GF, and just scored some cool, but old, PAS bass cabs; a 2x10 and a 1x18. But I notice they are different impedances - the 2x10 is 4 ohms and the 18 is 8 ohms. Are people exclusively biamping this sort of set up? I see this cab combo (or sub a 1x15) all...
  9. D

Buzzing 4x12 handles...

Howdy. I have a Marshall 1960BV cab with the plastic recessed bar handles. The bar pipe/handle seems to buzz honk vibrate in a *very* annoying manner on certain frequencies. Is there anything worthwhile I can do to stop this? It sounds like a blown out of tune speaker. If not, can I directly...
  10. D

Who here gigs with a 200 watter?

Just wondering, who here gigs - real gigs, not Madison Square Bedroom, but public shows using a Marshall Major or Hiwatt DR201? Whats your music like and what kind of speakers and pedals are you using? And if you are using something else other than Marshalls and Hiwatts speak up as well...
  11. D

static like noise in a Deluxe

Hi all- I have a '65 Deluxe that was purchased from a fellow forumite that was nicely set up and modded by Dave Allen. It has the first channel reworked at a Brown Fender tonestack circuit with the single tone knob. The trem channel is pure Blackface. It's a really sweet amp and covers both...