• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. C

Sterling Magee, "Satan" of Satan and Adam, has died

Check out the book! Adam is a literature professor, I believe, and the book is really well written.
  2. C

POLL: The WORST thing to wear at a gig? (What's the worst you've seen?)

Tube sock on the weinie. though I must admit, it's pretty funny!
  3. C

Cue Spinal Tap references

Sorry, I have no mime to click on your link. And mime is money.
  4. C

Who Was Your Favorite Local Small Venue Act of the Early '90s?

The Eyes/Pale Divine with a pre-Guns Richard Fortus
  5. C

New Stryper Song

Am I the only one hearing a King Diamond influence, especially in the melody and vocal harmonies of the chorus?
  6. C

Wow! The new Rammstein video is fantastic.

These videos give an excellent explanation of the video.
  7. C

Vivian Campbell Fired from Dio

I love Vivian Campbell...and.. there are always at least two sides to every story. Here is Vinnie Appice talking about what a great guy Dio was. also take note of how much dope was smoked during the period in which Vivian says Ronnie told the three of them that would all get bigger shares after...
  8. C

Lets talk Gary Moore!

I was a huge Vivian Campbell fan in the early 80's. Vivian often talked about Gary Moore in interviews saying things like, well if you think I'm good, you have to check out Gary Moore, he's way better than me. That led to buying one GM album and then another until suddenly, I had all of them. I...
  9. C

New Deep Purple "Man alive"

I love Ian Gillian's voice. I think this will grow on me.
  10. C

Vinnie Vincent Boxset for $9,500!!!

Hey Rob. what do you find interesting about it?
  11. C

Interesting Tele from Zimnicki

Interesting idea, putting wood from the body on both sides of the neck. Great playing too.
  12. C

What musician's clinics have you attended & name something you learned from 'em!!

I attended a Wynton Marsalis clinic in 88 or 89 and someone asked him about the beef between him and Miles Davis. Wynton said that Miles had challenged him to a fist fight. Wynton laughed and said that he didn't want to beat up an old man.
  13. C

Russian Folk Singing

Great music, thanks! Check these out. The quality of the videos is high and they are hilarious. especially the third one.
  14. C

what the heck is going on in Japan?

Yes. There is a great book about Japanese culture by Thomas Cleary. In it there is a story of a conversation between a US and Japanese politician discussing trade agreements. The American complained that even as Japan complained about being misunderstood, it does not try to make itself...
  15. C

what the heck is going on in Japan?

Let me introduce Mama Metal!
  16. C

Musical guests on kids TV programs

I used to love watching Tim Finn (Split Enz) playing with the Wiggles with my daughter when she was small.
  17. C

Looking for some funny blues songs - what are your favorites?

Fred Sokolow has a DVD on "bawdy" blues. They are solo so would be really easy to adapt to a duo.
  18. C

Got to hand it to Stephen Pearcy

Actually I thought Stephen Pearcy's voice sounded a lot better than I 've heard in the past. And the solos were just like the album so why not?
  19. C

Dealing with Weather

This is good info, thanks. I have no idea about such things. The default fingerboard is ebony and I am wondering if that would be best or ...? Also do stainless frets make a difference?
  20. C

Dealing with Weather

I need help! Where I live here in Japan has the absolute worst weather for guitars. There is no central heating or cooling so keeping a constant temperature is impossible. In winter, it can get down to around 0c/32f at night and then we use kerosene heaters to heat up rooms during the day which...
  21. C

What guitar/music-theory related Youtube channels do you follow?

Rob Bourassa https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH0i2iKRfIB3MpJVcNfZ2eA
  22. C

Tomo Fujita Fans!

I love how Tomo still does distance lessons using cassette tapes mailed back and forth. At first I thought what a pain in the ass considering how easy it would be to use the internet. But then I realized that this would be one way to weed out the students that didn't really want to learn.
  23. C

Tomo Fujita Fans!

He actually has a lot of great stuff in Japanese. Any book store here which has a music section likely has at least one of his books.
  24. C

Tomo Fujita Fans!

This looks really cool. It's an ad for a 2 disc DVD documentary and lesson from Tomo. It's only in Japanese, but here is the amazon link.
  25. C

Thumb over the neck a la Hendrix / Mayer / Frusciante

Me, too. I completely couldn't do it at first, but now it's easy. I recommend just sticking with it. Kind of like that first F chord.