• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. B

Yanuziello photo gallery

I tend to favor larger guitars, es-335 size is about ideal for me. I really want to order a Yanuziello, but they look so dang small to me. I will have no chance to play one first based on where I live. Can anyone give me an idea on size and ergonomics for my giant self?
  2. B

EQD and Sunn O))): LifePedal

i've got one of these, haven't even opened it yet. For $700 it's tempting to let it fly.
  3. B

Robin guitars might be coming back?

I own 4 robins, including 2 fleetwoods. I would buy another fleetwood if/when they pop up used, but as I understand it very few were ever made, like 8 or so. My understanding from ~1 year ago was that an investor had purchased some molds and templates and had done some very small scale new...
  4. B

Ken Lawrence build list

To be clear, i was prevented from placing an order for about 9 months as Ken whittled down his backlog and would accept deposits to join the next build batch. I was quoted 2-3 years assuming little to no inlays, same as @yucatown I offer the info to both correct any misconceptions, as well as...
  5. B

Korina Builders and Pickups

I was sorta leaning towards the Bareknuckle black dog or the Wolfetone Dr Vintage before posting this. Both are fairly easy to come by. Looks like Alnico 5 or Alnico 2 across WCR/BKP/DRV
  6. B

Ken Lawrence build list

Got some updates yesterday. Mine is in raw wood form, still very early stages. I'm guessing it will be about 4 years start to finish. And that is if it gets finished in 2017. For some reason, I'm not particularly impatient. I typically get prompt responses, never feel like i'm getting...
  7. B

Hagstrom Viking Baritone or PRS SE 277 Semi-Hollow Soapbar

Which would you choose, and why
  8. B

Korina Builders and Pickups

Wanted to direct this to those guys who have build a lot of set neck korina guitars (body and neck). I'm in the latter stages of a build that is inspired by 58 explorers. It will be a 2 HB guitar. The originals would have had PAFs, but curious if anyone had any favorite pickups for that...
  9. B

So Premier Builders Guild (PBG) is no more?

My pbg guitar has the best fretwork of any guitar I've owned. Didn't wampler and some other guitar/amp/pedal builders join up recently in a similar structure?
  10. B

Trussart Wah

Anyone ever seen one of these?
  11. B

Tyler Guitar - Boost Option

i boost, i also bypass boost, i use it to dial in other things down the signal chain.
  12. B

Luthiers: what's on your workbench?

Rich, lucite knobs would be pretty cool on that.
  13. B

Ken Lawrence build list

Same boat. Seen the blanks but nothing else. I would have expected it to start by now but I'm also not surprised by the status. Sorta figured it would be a while.
  14. B

What about an SG with an oversized body?

Yamaha fits the bill. Sbg I think is the model.
  15. B

Artinger Spitfire Custom

did anyone see the popular mechanics magazine this month with the article about Matt Artinger? My guitar can be seen in the early stages on page 96.
  16. B

danocaster color selection

I like Burg Mist
  17. B

NGD: RS GUITARWORKS Rockabilly...

your crook was the inspiration for my first custom guitar i acquired. TVJ classic in the neck and lollar vintage T in the bridge. I've often thought about trying something else in the bridge but the TVJ neck will never change.
  18. B

Guitar rack padding material

Shopped around for a guitar rack for my house. Really liked the DRS racks by kauer but they wouldn't work for my specific application due to size/configuration. So I'm going the custom build route. The guy building the rack wanted to know what would be the best material to use for the...
  19. B

which metal af pedal for me?

I'm setup for more of a doomy fuzzy sound typically, but the lovepedal hi volt gets me a more modern higher gain thing. Has an active EQ and can sorta do marshall up to mesa gain.
  20. B

And the Best Finish Award Goes to...

My vote goes to Jens Ritter. I think he pushes the boundaries further than anyone. Fretboards, exotic top dyes, textile tops, mosaic stuff.
  21. B

The marquetry, very cool
  22. B

New Single Coils for my Tyler...

i run 5500's in neck and middle on my SEHD, i always figured if he was so particular about fretwire that I should probably just stick to the in-house recipe :)
  23. B

Whatever this backstrip is, very cool.
  24. B

Can I ever be happy with a Strat?

Tyler SE HD is what fills that niche for me. The tyler midboost allows me to dial in how thick I need. If you can't live with their "recipe" it might be a non-starter though. I might also suggest something like a PRS (dgt/brent mason/etc). Little easier to find a PRS to demo if you want to...