• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. E

Demeter Reverbulator/Vanamps Soulmate users?

Reverbs I have tried: wet (mono) Flint Holy grail plus Demeter reverb Hardwire rv7 Got rid of the holy grail because it adds briteness also not the most authentic sounding reverb, better as a special effect type sound, got the wet, love it's simplicity and versatility but it's not really a...
  2. E

Vortex Flanger- now that it's been around a while what do people think of it?

Had one, flipped it. Didn't like the normal settings or the TZF setting. EHX deluxe mistress is much better sounding.
  3. E

Recommend me a cheap easy to use OD for live gigs

An update on this: While Timmy is very transparent, when used as an OD instead of a booster, it adds dynamics and makes an otherwise dull sounding amp sounds more organic and lively. Also usually when I use traditional fuzz pedals on cheap ss amp, it sounds like crap, however by stacking into a...
  4. E

Thank's for the input guys! I just traded a Timmy V2, this is the first Timmy I have ever tried, and it sure lives up to it's name! Feels great, sound great, the only question is wether it will sound good on a crappy amp! I got a gig coming up this friday, so we'll see..
  5. E

Interesting concept.. maybe something like a line6 M5 ? I don't really need alot of gain, a low to mid gainer will do. I think you got my point though, the real problem I'm trying to solve is that I need an overdrive/dirt pedal that works well on ****** amps as well as the fancy amps...
  6. E

Thanks alot guys! I don't mind spending $100 for this OD, I think the most important thing is, it has to be small, and sound good on most if not all amps (especially the cheap amps)
  7. E

Thanks alot guys! I don't mind spending $100 for this OD, I think the most important thing is, it has to be small, and sound good on most if not all amps (especially the cheap amps)
  8. E

Hey guys, Right now I got a Kingsley Jester, however I don't really want to take it to all my live gigs because it's soo big and heavy.. :horse So please recommend me an OD that's 1. not too expensive no more than $100 2. sounds good, 3. small (!!) 4. Most importantly it has...
  9. E

Which type of effects pedals do you own the most of?

Fuzz pedals for sure. Right now I have a Klinger MKI, Retro Channel MKII, Skreddy Lunar module dlx, PDT Feederbone, Morgan SHadow Fuzz, and a cheap octave fuzz from JOYO.
  10. E

Fettos vs Kinglsey pedals -which would best suit my needs?

Had a jester, then a Fetto, sold the Fetto still rockin the jester! Both are organic and dynamic, but they react to pick attack differently, saturate differently? In conclusion "feel" differently.. I think the jester is even more dynamic and amp like! However jester IMO jester is too large for...
  11. E

Epiphone Riviera Custom P93 VS Royale P93 - Big difference!

Today I compared the Royale p93 (sparkling white with gold sparkle binding) with the other two standard Custom P93s in the shop (which were wine red), BIG difference regarding feel and tone if you ask me. The nut and frets were done perfectly on the Royale (pretty terrible on the custom...
  12. E

New Epiphone Royale Collection

I compared the Royale p93 with the other two standard Custom P93s in the shop (which were wine red), BIG difference regarding feel and tone if you ask me. The nut and frets were done perfectly on the Royale (pretty terrible on the custom P93s), also the Royale resonates ALOT better, feels like...
  13. E

Redoing my board and 1/2 my Lava Cables went bad

I had the exact same issue with you, I took the care to assemble the cables, but I am a pedal junkie and move pedals around on a regular basis. Over the last two years all my lava elcs mini have crapped out, i know if I take it apart, strip it down and assemble them again, probably they will...
  14. E

Kingsley Jester: What do you stack with it ?

Jester is great for smoothing things out or boosting things. I have had great result stacking HBOD and Morgan Shadow fuzz infront of my jester, fuzzface goes well with it too, really captures that "amp is about to blow up" feel, but at manageable volume!
  15. E

I think I'm done with solderless pedalboard cables

Lava ELC sounds good, but they do crap out eventually. My soldered cables should be here anytime now..
  16. E

Kingsley Jester & Juggler - Will These Start An OD Cull For Me ???

Jester(V1) is the most dynamic and organic od pedal I have played, the only down side for me is that it's very transparrent, there's something going on but still there's not alot of color, so pedals such as HBOD fills in the blanks, but in terms of dynamics Jester is very hard to beat.
  17. E

Pagey Fuzz

I am curious about this. Tried a few tonebenders, but cant seem to get that Joe Cocker "bye bye blackbird" tone, it seems that his sesson words sounds more like some kind of overdrive..
  18. E

Analog Alien's FuzzBubble-45 (review)

Great review! Well written! Too bad I can't get the clips to play.. But still now I'm curious about this pedal! Cheers Eric
  19. E

Klinger Custom Pedals: MKI & Buzzaround

Finally tried the Klinger MK1 in person, and I just went "wow.." Simply inspiring to play.. I know, I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but still it's safe to say that no pedal have ever let me felt this way before (must be love I now) Thick, raw, organic, and full of harmonics. My les paul have...
  20. E

Magic Brit/Vox/Vox-style users, your fave Boost, OD & Fuzz selections?

Morgan AC20 user here. Had great result with Kingsley Jester, Fetto OD, Mantra OD. With fuzz I find fuzzface circut seems to work better than tonebenders.
  21. E

ISLAND Instruments

Raw and vintage looking/sounding guitar with a distinctive vibe! Price is also very reasonable. Keep up the good work!
  22. E

Recommend me a EHX English Muffin replacement???

Kingsley Jester might suit your taste if you like tubes..
  23. E

BearFoot Guitar Effects Aussie Tourbox #2

a video/audio comparison will be nice : )
  24. E

BearFoot Guitar Effects Aussie Tourbox #2

Ok here is my thoughts on these pedals. Honey beest Very retro sounding, and crazy versatile. Has the same gain charastics as the bee, but sounds better at high gain. To me the honey bee sounds best with gain at 2 o'clock, anywhere pass that it gets kind of buzzy. But with the beest even at...
  25. E

OD Comparision: Fetto VS Mantra VS Jester VS HBOD

After more time spend on comparing the Mantra the HBOD, I think I like the Mantra better than the HBOD! The way Mantra saturates is more natural and organic, feels "smoother" kind of.. I think they are similar in the sense that they are both saggy fuzzy kind of ODs, Fetto has this more focused...