• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Aardvark

Refret: Worth the wait for Glaser?

I had Glaser's shop do a final leveling and polishing of frets on a Warmoth build. The work was adequate but by no means at a Tuttle kind of level. Unfortunately, Tuttle will no longer do a refret to my knowledge, unless perhaps it's a guitar he built. An experienced local luthier should be...
  2. Aardvark

Thoughts on the PRS McCarty 594

I have a number of traditional mahogany with maple top single cut guitars, but none is a 594. Nevertheless, as a group, the mahogany ones sound very slightly thicker and warmer. What I love about the ash body and maple neck 594 is that it's both articulate and percussive. It's very slightly...
  3. Aardvark

Do your Gibsons hum?

Thanks for the info!
  4. Aardvark

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

Sorry to hear this, didn't see it coming. Bummer.
  5. Aardvark

Neck Pickup for Telecaster

I built a Tele with a kid, installed a Fralin P92 in the neck position and a Fralin SP42 in the bridge. Excellent powerful sounding combo without losing too much high end.
  6. Aardvark

Show me your Les Paul

2016 Traditional with Wolfetone Legends, 8.5 lbs of tone.
  7. Aardvark

Custom Guitar Hangers

Very cool!!
  8. Aardvark

Pole piece height

Maybe sniff coffee beans between sessions?
  9. Aardvark

All I Do Is Stalk the Emporium

The first step toward a cure is admitting you have a problem, so you are on the right track. "Hi, my name is Phuzz, and my drug of choice is TGP, and that s___ is strong."
  10. Aardvark

Is the Gibson custom shop worth it over a standard?

One thing about non-custom shop is that they don't get the nicer tops. Wait ... 2016 Traditional with Wolfetone Legends, 8.5 lbs, sounds better than it looks. Easily beat out my old light weight and beautiful R9. You just never know what you'll find.
  11. Aardvark

Sold Koll Super Glide Almighty

I have a Super Glide Almighty, which will never be for sale. It's pure magic. I'll bet this one is too, and it's a rare opportunity for a very lucky person.
  12. Aardvark

Ahhh! My eyes!!!

Hey, Ted Nugent was known to play butt naked in the studio. Sometimes ya gotta be untethered. But if I purchased that, I'd give it a good scrubbing with alcohol wipes.
  13. Aardvark

What does "Limited Edition" mean to you?

Nothing at all.
  14. Aardvark

BFBFBF tuning

BFFBFF is probably better for songs about affection and loyalty.
  15. Aardvark

I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You) - John Mayer Cover

Nice Strat work, and Pablo killed it. Excellent!
  16. Aardvark

My new Fender Custom Shop Poblano Strat

Hey, the truckbed funk tour just made my day, and what a gift to all the people along the way.
  17. Aardvark

My attempt at being more like clapton

That was plain awesome playing!
  18. Aardvark

Thoughts on the PRS McCarty 594

Or for something more unusual, check out a 594 SC with ash body and maple neck. That's what I did, then installed Fralin P90's for HB rout. Fantastic tone!
  19. Aardvark

Some Santana inspired jamming

Very smooth excellent execution, sounds like the master himself!
  20. Aardvark

A Long December. Some Counting Crows

I really liked the vocals. A bit melancholy, reflective, imperfect. Perfect.
  21. Aardvark

Keith Urban - Stupid Boy (Solo)

I agree that was a wonderful version, and kudos to Mr. Knopfler for all he has influenced.
  22. Aardvark

Everybody needs a theme song

Nice upbeat tune!
  23. Aardvark

Any love for small frets?

No. Just no. Why? Yuck.
  24. Aardvark

Alder or Ash Strat?

It's 200% ash. The close ups show that secondary grain pattern between the big stripes, as well as the funny little cross-grain patterns of ash. Or maybe it's alder that wants to be ash. Nah, it's ash.
  25. Aardvark

Is the Gibson custom shop worth it over a standard?

It seems that there are great and mediocre LP's among both Standards/Traditionals and the Reissues. I think it comes down to how the different pieces of wood vibrate once all glued together, and it's darn hard to predict that. I can say that I owned a gorgeous 8 lb R9 which sounded pretty good...