• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. waxnsteel

Songs that make you nostalgic and sad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHX_BiE5lGY&feature=related
  2. waxnsteel

Steely Dan's "Old School"...the perfect guitar solo(s)?

My favorite, too. Second solo in particular.
  3. waxnsteel

Why do mixers have limited XLR inputs?

Keyboards, acoustic guitars with onboard preamps, anything that doesn't require a preamp. It costs them more to include more preamps. Some boards skimp on the EQ on those channels too, mostly because they figure whatever peolpe plug into them probably has an eq or at least a tone control. If...
  4. waxnsteel

K&K over Fishman installs

I'm wipin up what you're spillin, but I love my guitars. I have four of em set up that way, and am considering doing all of them. I'd lose my ass replacing them. I gig all of them, too. I like the call Dieter advice. Thanks, Prog, and thanks guys!
  5. waxnsteel

K&K over Fishman installs

Anyone ever install a K&K pure pickup in a guitar that came with a fishman preamp mounted in the top of the guitar? I like the way the K&K stuff sounds, but what are the options here? Leave a big hole in the top of the guitar? Is there any way to use the preamp WITH the K&K pickup? Anybody have...
  6. waxnsteel

Guitar Jokes

Sort of a guitarist goke. What does a stripper do with her asshole before she goes to work? Drops him off at band practice.
  7. waxnsteel

CMAs/ Isn't this stuff 80s pop?

dude.. .What he means is she isn't good at it.
  8. waxnsteel

The Ultimate "Hair Metal albums I need to hear before I die" list

I think it needs a little Night Ranger and Slaughter. Great list, though.
  9. waxnsteel

___________Christina Aguilera____________

2:06 - wild **** right there. She's a registered badass.
  10. waxnsteel

Steve Perry In His Prime

[/FONT] Yeah, but that's like being the smartest kid in special ed. Before you get all bent out of shape, I like some Pearl Jam stuff, mostly because of his singing. I just don't think he has the same degree of chops as guys like Steve Perry, Coverdale, Dio, Freddie Mercury, you know, the singers.
  11. waxnsteel

The Martin Sexton appreciation thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqcTP46O5ME&feature=related
  12. waxnsteel

Cover bands, have any fun song segues?

Gotta add Centerfield for the three-fer.
  13. waxnsteel

Very very ordinary singers who made it big time ?

Nah. They sound like guys you meet and wish they would stop talking. Then somebody decides to put them behind a microphone.:nuts
  14. waxnsteel

Very very ordinary singers who made it big time ?

Textbook FAIL. You missed it, not him. I say from the OP description, Dylan and Thom Yorke nail it.
  15. waxnsteel

Steve Perry In His Prime

I feel cheated anytime I hear Feelin That Way without Anytime.
  16. waxnsteel

I picked up a solo acoustic gig...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ickWCGc5qHw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR04kmcSXU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckY9F4zVuto&feature=channel There are three pretty cool and appropriate tunes. One is DADGAD, one drop D, and the other in standard. A little on the tough side, though. I'd...
  17. waxnsteel

I picked up a solo acoustic gig...

When are you playing? Are you the only entertainment? Have they told you what they want? It depends. If you don't already have enough to pull off two hours, I'm guessing they don't exactly know what you're going to do. Might want to check on those things.
  18. waxnsteel

5 must learn guitar solos

Any rhyme or reason to the selection process? I suppose learning the rest of the song is a prerequisite. The five he selected are certainly filled with great things to learn, and are great for that, however, if you wanted to learn some that you might actually play with a band? Here are five...
  19. waxnsteel

IN THE NEWS: Sheryl Crow Sells Music Catalog for About $10 Million

Plus declining album sales, no real solution to piracy? She'll come out way ahead on this.
  20. waxnsteel

Learning to sing...what do I need for gear?

Be careful, though. Techniques are techniques, but if you're singing rock, it can sound goofy if you pick up the habits (and/or attitude) of someone who sings showtunes or church hymns. Particularly the emphasis they place on enunciation can make you sound like a complete tool in a hard rock...
  21. waxnsteel

Mesa Blue Angel or Deluxe Reverb

Excellent use of the search function. Bravo!
  22. waxnsteel

Got to try a Dumble amp today

Must've been focusing on playing the guitar, not the amp.
  23. waxnsteel

Fender Bandmaster- where does it fit in?

My dad used to call mine half a twin.
  24. waxnsteel

Does a glut of guitars stifle creativity?

I believe that doing it that way makes one an artist. I believe skipping the learning part and arriving at a similar result makes one just lucky. Not an artist. On the main discussion, I don't think it stifles creativity. All the songs I was writing when I only had a few guitars and used to...