• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. S

Recone, Repair, or Replace Vintage 8” Jensens

Heard back from the tech. Two speakers are in need of a recone. Going to go ahead and have all four done so that I know they work and are good to go. Also going to have a 1/4 speaker jack put in so that I can use it with a different cab if I want. Seems simpler than swapping baffles.
  2. S

I like the sound of the speakers in there but do worry that if I just got one fixed up the others would go once the amp was seeing more use. It’s been sitting around for a long time before I got it. With everything going on it’s unlikely the amp will be seeing many gigs soon. The plan is for...
  3. S

I recently got an Epiphone futura amp that I love the sound of but one of the 4x8" Jensen speakers has seen better days. It fuzzes out on certain low frequencies. The speakers are gold basket Jensen alnico 8” from 1961 so are old. Do you think it is worth reconing or do you have trouble...
  4. S

Barth Ohms Question

Hello, I have a cool old Barth 2x10 amp and want to replace the Jensen P10s speakers in it. How do I determine what Ohm load the amp is looking to see? I tried testing it with a multimeter but am not totally sure what I’m doing. Is the approach pictured correct and is it indeed indicating...
  5. S

Help: Is my power cord grounded?

Yes. Hooked it up to the correct screws. Thank you to everyone for the quick responses.
  6. S

Thanks everyone. New plug installed. Much easier than a new cord.
  7. S

I just got an old Garnet Rebel PA amp and was wondering if the power cord is grounded. Internally it has three wires with the green connected to a transformer bolt. Externally the cord only has two prongs but says to connect to a grounded outlet. does this need a grounded cord? Could I just...
  8. S

Comissioned a Custom Build. The Waiting Has Begun...

Thank you. I'm very much looking forward to it.
  9. S

This should be heading to me soon.
  10. S

11-Limit 43 Tone Just Intonation Neck

Already contacted Mr. Schneider. His short answer was he didn't know. I'm thinking maybe I'll go fretless and draw on a guide? I still need to figure out the measurements though.
  11. S

It isn't exactly for blues rock. I could always up a whammy on it!
  12. S

11-Limit 43 Tone Just Intonation

I'm going to get in touch with someone I met who has a Partch style guitar to see who did theirs.
  13. S

11-Limit 43 Tone Just Intonation

Does anyone know anyone who could make me a 25.5" scale neck fretted for 11-limit 43 tone just intonation?
  14. S

Does anyone know anyone who could make me a 25.5" scale neck fretted for 11-limit 43 tone just intonation?
  15. S

I decided to go with a white guard rather than mint. Other than that the original specs are the same. Things are underway here are some shots of the body being painted.
  16. S

Jazzmaster questions

The pickups in the MIM are more like P-90s than traditional Jazzmaster pickups. I'm not positive on the fingerboard radius of the MIM. The MIA is the vintage radius. One thing to note is that if you have a fingerboard radius other than the vintage style and you want to try the mustang bridge you...
  17. S

Jazzmaster questions

I have owned one in the past and am currently waiting on a new custom build to be completed. Here are my experiences regarding your questions. -They aren't too hard to set up but are more difficult than a lot of electrics. Here is a useful link...
  18. S

Phasers - Versitile options?

I'd also look into the 4ms phaseur
  19. S

Beatles clean tone

I have a BLC30 that does amazing for these tones. For disclosure it is also currently up for trade in the emporium. I won't be unhappy if I don't get rid of it though.
  20. S

Headstock shape and it was a little cheaper.
  21. S

$999 was the base price until the end of the month.
  22. S

I comissioned a custom built Jazzmaster from a guy in Portland, OR. I've never played one of his guitars but the pictures looked good and the people I contacted who have one all had good things to say. Here are the specs of what I will be getting I'm still trying to decide if I want to have the...
  23. S

Was Sanding a guitar down to Repaint and sort of like where I ended up stopping

The guitar has no clear on it now. What is left on the guitar is the dye and paint that soaked into the grain. Here it is yesterday: I think I'll leave the pick guard on:
  24. S

Was Sanding a guitar down to Repaint and sort of like where I ended up stopping

pfflam, I just saw that guitar the other day and thought it looked cool. Mine is still as is other than having chrome knobs now. I've been too busy playing it to bother fixing it up.