• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. rustolium

Who Here Has Used Propellerhead Reason?

Just to be clear, emote is a standalone app and as a AAX, AU, VST plugin to load sessions and control parameters of the H9000. I'm not aware of any way to do that with the H8000. You can automate both by midi though. As to getting it into the DAW the H8000 would use traditional analog or...
  2. rustolium

Kemper with physical aMp?

I missed the stereo part. Doh. Do you have a powered Kemper? If not you will need another way to power a second speaker set. I don't know what the result is, but in the out put section of the Kemper you can put the different outputs in different modes. This can be a bit tricky as you will...
  3. rustolium

Kemper with physical aMp?

You can put the mono effect loop in a block. Send to amp in and return from amp send. Then use the Kemper main or direct out back to your amp return. It appears you can put the loop block anywhere in the Kemper chain. You might need to play with it though as a pre or post location. You...
  4. rustolium

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

I will be doing the real amps. I'd like to see the difference. Doing a new profile of an amp at the same time with both products will be important. Making QC images from Kemper profiles is probably fine though. I certainly won't know until I get to do it. This does make for a funny journey...
  5. rustolium

Options paralysis choosing a digital rig

You didn't mention how into home recording you are, but I'd push you a very different direction. If you like playing real amps and want to get into recording I would be looking at a load box and then look at the UAD recording interfaces with DSP. That will open a whole new world to you around...
  6. rustolium

First time ever considering a Kemper...

Well, I always prefer my BE100 into IRs (even more real cabs) than my Helix version. The Helix is great though and I can totally get what I need out of it. Profiles of amps are a different thing. I don't miss not using the real thing as much until I want to dial in a very different tone...
  7. rustolium

Yes that is generally how I end up using other modelers as well. I need to profile my TypeIII and my Bloomfield drive as well. Just haven't had time. There are a ton of profiles out there. Don't let that discourage you though. You will find some and settle on them. As a Two-Rock owner ping...
  8. rustolium

I've been profiling amps a lot this year and have had some great producers in and they fall in with it. I have my Two-Rock SSS profiled and the base clean tone eats a pedal board like crazy. I was just checking out the new drives in KOS 8 and they are really good. I was blown away with my...
  9. rustolium

Kemper OS 8.0 Beta - Kemper Drive and OCD

I'll just confirm, the ODs sound great! I'm impressed. Well done Kemper.
  10. rustolium

Edge overdrive sounds?

It's an AC30TB at the core. He likely uses a few drives thru out the song and might even have a fuzz at the end, or something more dimmed. Get the latest Kemper beta OS8. The drives are really good that they added. Find your favorite AC30 edge of breakup a Les Paul and play with the new...
  11. rustolium

Show us your Big Amps!

12. rustolium

Splitting send/return signal for wet dry

I swear you said you want to do wet/dry right? Suggesting a ABY switch is insane IMO. That is used to switch a guitar to different inputs of amps/preamps. While technically, you can do this it's just not correct. Seriously, think about this for a second. Your amp's sound is a combination of...
  13. rustolium

Splitting send/return signal for wet dry

+1 @Blix is giving the better advice here. If you don't do the line out you won't have the same sound hitting your wet that is in your dry. It will make a difference. I would never split at a loop send. In fact, not using anything in the loop will likely give you an even better amp tone and...
  14. rustolium

Eventide H8000FW - All about it... please post here.

yeah. I spent a lot of time in the hamster wheel with digital clocking. It all boils down to noise getting introduced the further away from the source. The technical terms confuses everyone. I suggest a distribution box of some sort because a proper one actually strengthens the signal to be more...
  15. rustolium

Say Goodbye To The Jungle: Makin' Cables

I need to commit this one to memory.
  16. rustolium

The questions I would ask are, how many devices are being clocked and how is it daisy chained? Then, where and how have you terminated? Is it the proper 75ohm termination and does your interface support that? If your answer above is more than one or two devices I would suggest you get a...
  17. rustolium

@chlorinemist is referring to the emote VST and editor. It allows you to recall sessions in the H9000 as well as automate params. You can of course use midi as well. The actual processing still occurs on the H9000 and needs to be routed to. This is where it gets really cool when you have the...
  18. rustolium

The latency would make it useless. Again, this is an assumption on the info in the post. You can certainly technically create an insert, but should you? Now a buss and returning to a track with 100% wet is a different story. That is all I'm saying.
  19. rustolium

@jmfreeland, @ctreitzell and @Orville71, you guys are gentlemen! Hats off. First post on the forum and the OP is trying to use an H8000 with a $500 interface and Logic Pro as an insert while a guitar is connected to the the arguably main 1/2 IO that most all presets use. I'm not sure an...
  20. rustolium

Reactive Load IR unit preferences-Suhr or others?

The OX is perfect for that. It's the only one I have experience with that covers this scenario in one box. To do that with any of the other units I have I would use my Fryette PS2 as the volume control and the Two-notes Live for IR/DI. This combo is killer. Otherwise, I would look seriously...
  21. rustolium

Reactive Load IR unit preferences-Suhr or others?

I just don't get the negative comments on Two-Notes. It's interesting how different people's experiences can be. The UI is weird, but if you know what you are doing it's the most powerful and flexible. Two-Notes has improved the UI and have been doing this for a long time. I run 2 Live...
  22. rustolium

Then use a midi cable or a mic cable. It works fine. Cut the ends off and pick the 2 leads for your DC. If it's a full 3 or even 5 lead cable you can do several. Just get the right barrel ends and solder away.
  23. rustolium

Yes you can.
  24. rustolium

Momentary switch to bypass rack effect?

Yeah, you got it. Whether or not it's NO or NC depends on the circuit. I looked at a manual online and it doesn't say so I'd buy both types at $2.30. My guess would be NO.
  25. rustolium

MIDI controlled single audio loop (or two)...?

There are lots of ways to do this. For example, you can use midi to control the output of the effect device connected to a mixer of some sort. Some switchers have loops that only switch the input and can be set in a parallel path. RJM does this I know. This is what I use in racks: The...