• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Sentenced

Mini Silver Jubilee into Engl screamer 50 combo cab

Thanks for the suggestion!
  2. Sentenced

Thanks, that Orange cab that I mentioned is innexpensive, has a vintage 30 but also is a closed back. Perhaps it will be a nice little alternative... The jubilee should work ok with those 16 Ohm Orange cabs, right? Primarily thinking just the head and using it with a load box like 2 tones for...
  3. Sentenced

Thanks! Would the mini silver work ok with this cab? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Orange112BK--orange-ppc112-60-watt-1x12-inch-cabinet-black Would I need to connect the single 16 ohm outpout there (sorry I have only used combos up to now...) :). Any other cost effective cab...
  4. Sentenced

Ok, I am thinking of buying a mini silver Jubilee head and I have an ENGL combo that its back looks like this: Question is: Can I use this nice little cable there and connect it with the 8 Ohm output of the Jubilee as an extra option? I intend to operate one amp at a time of course and...
  5. Sentenced

STL Tonehub - Another VST aimed at Kemper/Profiling?

Terrible interface for a plug-in...
  6. Sentenced

What aesthetics about a brand just make you instantly say no?

Most Telecasters are superboring with all those washed out colors and just two SS, just like hospital food. I hate hipster guitars like Jaguar with the gazillion stupid nonsense controls that also look fugly and goofy. Also a black guitar/bass with a white pickguard - kill me! Finally, a big...
  7. Sentenced

A Telecaster or a Stratocaster - which one?

I totally agree! For me it's a great... 3rd guitar to mess around, with fuzz pedals for example. But I am a metal guy as well and I couldn't even pull the trigger and get a proper SS Tele, so even my Tele has a humbucker.... (Fender Performer HUM). In any case it is a great guitar. No regrets...
  8. Sentenced

Pricing a heavily modded/upgraded guitar

I was not referring to the OP, obviously, but to people with strong opinions about value when the market might in fact have a different opinion...
  9. Sentenced

This is an extreme upcharge, but anything between -20% to 60% price increase depending on the quality of the mod seems quite reasonable to me.
  10. Sentenced

I have a modified guitar, but it's my first guitar and I wouldn't plan to sell it even if i didn't have hands. If by putting "lipstic on a pig" you mean Fender Mexico level guitars with great hardware upgrades, well I have news for you. This is the majority of the 1,5K guitars out there...
  11. Sentenced

A Telecaster or a Stratocaster - which one?

A couple of non Fender Superstrats and a Tele did the trick for me ;)
  12. Sentenced

I couldn't disagree more with all of you who say that the value of the guitar remains $650. If just 1 buyer finds the guitar's upgrades tasteful and or/useful for the asked price... well, I am sorry gentlemen, but the guitar's value is more than that, and it's obviously none of your business...
  13. Sentenced

Dear God, Who Did This To You?! PART II

An authentic releated instument, more likely.
  14. Sentenced

Pics of your open-tuned guitars

For some reason I am gear progressive but tuning conservative. EADG EADG EADGBE EADGBE EADGBE EA... Well... Sorry for thread crushing, please go on!
  15. Sentenced

Drop in replacements for EMG 81/85

Help, I need somebody Help!!! :D
  16. Sentenced

Drop in replacements for EMG 81/85

Ok, this is a relatively new guitar so I am not planning to swap them NOW, but I would like to know my options. I like them because I play metal but a little more organic sound (close to my passive DiMarzios I got used to for such a long time), and perhaps, versatility would be welcome. What...
  17. Sentenced

Does this look really bad? (Update)

True. At the same time the fact that a Rock star uses a guitar isn't a credential for its beauty nor it substitutes another individual's senses, taste and opinion. Thus, the argument "if its good for X, its good for me" doesn't make any sense...
  18. Sentenced

I Desire to Play Unauthentic - which non-Gibson LP?

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/el_guitars/sg/index.html Some places sell it with a big discount. Pickups configurations for every taste.
  19. Sentenced

The Les Paul....The “V8” of Guitars??!

Same story with Active Pickups
  20. Sentenced

Does this look really bad? (Update)

Just because a star uses a fugly guitar doesn't make it less fugly.
  21. Sentenced

Craigslist ad: "No veterans and blues-rockers"

Yes. Everyone is a little Malmsteen around here (minus the technique of course) - including me for sure. "How do you like my 67th SSS cream strat, or my 12th Sunburst Les paul, or my... well..."? Strong opinions are strong opinions. :D
  22. Sentenced

Typical thin-skinned TGP audience...
  23. Sentenced

This is highly subjective but, at the same time, it doesn't have to do anything with the veteran himself who could potentially be the best person and the best player in the world.
  24. Sentenced

Gibson guitars being destroyed

The one that you could see that had an obvious issue even from 5 meters away and with moderate nearsightedness was 2018.